Lufthansa / luggage - broken lock and squeezed ccokies

1 Germany Review updated:

I WILL NEVER FLY WITH LUFTHANSA AGAIN and advice other people to think carefully before buying tickets of this airlines
It was my second flight with Lufthansa (as I liked the first I decided to fly again with this airlines so stupid I was), connecting flight to Moscow through Munich. I handed my suitcase convinced that it will be delivered to Moscow 'safe and sound'. BUT : here it starts
1) the lock of my luggage was broken and they even DID NOT PUT IT INSIDE, they threw it away (actually it was already half broken(visible) so you didn't need any key to open it)
2) the cookies that I bought as a gift for my friend (she begged to bring them very much) were SQUEEZED
3) all the stuff inside the luggage was messed up, they read all copies of my documents - passport, insurance, tickets etc- so I even can not be sure that someone didn't make copy of them and will not go and get loan from the bank tomorrow(very possible in many countries - there are a lot of fraudsters working everywhere). It was my vacation and I never thought that it will end up like that. I am happy I wanted to buy cheese(around 2 kg) but forgot to do it otherwise they would squeeze that cheese also.
I saw other suitcases and feel pity for passengers because LUFTHANSA DOESN"T CARE ABOUT THE LUGGAGE IT IS SUPPOSED TO DELIVER IN THE CONDITION IT WAS RECIEVED . And I am happy that I haven't put anything precious into my suitcase as they could easily do something to it(steal, break etc... - things they do very often as I see now how many complaints there are)
I wonder - why is it not written with large red letters on their site(on homepage) that they don't care about luggage, delivery and it's condition after the flight? why don't tell the truth - that it will be damaged, messed up, lost, stolen etc?

Zh

Comments

• Ca
      20th of Jan, 2019

We got back from our return trip to Ireland, via Frankfurt, on Thursday 17 January 2019. Our two suitcases had six combination locks between them. Three were completely destroyed by interference and had to be sawed off to get into the suitcase. Also, bad handling completely broke off one of the "stabiliser" legs. Do we have to whistle Dixie? Or, is there a possibility for compensation to have the suitcase fixed and replace the locks?