Lowes / empty fire extinguishers!
I live in a high fire danger area. I now regularly check my smoke detector & fire extinguishers. I discovered that I needed a new fire extinguisher for the kitchen. I went to Lowes (Do It Yourself Retail Store) to purchase a new fire extinguisher. When I went there, I was shocked as to what I found. Out of 16 fire extinguishers that were on the shelf, only 3 were charged. 4 were borderline empty, with the remainder of 9 totally empty. I called the manager, who said he would do something about it.
This being too big of an issue just to let go, I went to the fire department to file a complaint. The fire department said the fire marshall has no jurisdiction over the life saving devices being sold. I said, "What...". Imagine a senior citizen purchasing one of the empty ones. Then having a kitchen fire, wow.
More Lowes Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowe's - personal check denial 
- Lowes (Vacaville, CA - wont help disabled people load
- Harbor Breeze - ceiling fan remote not responding 
- Lowe's - troy-bilt lawn edger 
- Lowes - lowes customer service