Lowe's / credit card misleading

1 Watertown, NY, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Troy riding mower from Lowes for $1,065 on their 12 month no payment 0% down.
I would receive a monthly statement saying I owed $0, so I began ignoring the statements as only 7 months had passed. Well i started receiving phone calls from Lowes saying I was 2 months passed due. I called them back and of course spoke to a nice Indian guy at a call center in India... He told me to go down in person to the store to sort things out. At the store I was informed the GE money holds the credit accounts and to contact them. I was informed by GE money that I made addiotional purchases and this voided the 12 month deal.

This no so pleasant cutomer service rep informed me I made those purchases and I disputed the claim still wondering how after 7 months I was being chraged finances fees and late fees?!?!?!? I received notification from GE money showing a signature which was little more than a dash for the additional purchases, a signature which was not mine. I disputed the claim but all the while I was receiving approx. 12 phone calls to my cell phone a day and another 12 to my home phone number. THis went on for weeks with harassing calls and when I would pick up there was noone there just an automated message.

Anyway, Lowes and GE money have refused to work with me and BBB and comsumer affairs have offered little or no assisance. Basically my decision to purchase this product has ruined my previously perfect credit.

Avoid Lowes at all cost...

Comments

• Je
      6th of Feb, 2008

If you made a purchase at Lowes and the 12 months no interest and no pay was entered in correctly, there is no way that there would be interest applied. Furthermore, additional purchases can not affect previous purchases that are on the 12 months no interest and no pay. Additional purchases can and will be charged interest and require a monthly payment unless those charges were also put on a 12 month no pay or interest. The resolution is simple. A Manager from Lowes can call the Credit Center and request that your purchase be placed on the 12 month no pay and no interest and that the interest and late charges be waved and all charges credited back to the customers account. Understand that Lowes is under no obligation to the customer to make such a request, but in most cases where there has clearly been a mistake by the store, the decision to absorb the cost can be made.

It is worthy to note that bill management is the customers responsibility and if there is an apparent issue, waiting 7 months for it to just go away is not an acceptable practice.