Lowes / a crap plan!

Franklin Park, NJ, United States Review updated:

Lowes extended protection plan "service" is the worst service I have ever received. To date, to repair a simple water dispenser repair for My Refrigerator, they have sent 2 different service companies who have installed 2 different parts and still trying to fix it. It is now 6 months, and Lowes customer service people set up appointment for the repair and didn't show up. It happened to me twice and when I called them, Simple answer is "Sorry".

More over the third party service companies these people choose are inexperience and don't know the ABCD's of the problem. All they try to fix the problem with trail and error method.I am having the bad experience wit Lowes customer service people.

Do not ever buy the plan.

Comments

Ro
  29th of Aug, 2008
Appears that the Extended Service Plan is Customer RIP-OFF. After you purchase plan, you won't get a written copy from them. The Lowe's employee's tell you what the plan will cover and if you go online you
will read what the PLAN will really cover.
IT's not what you were told at the Lowe's Store!
"Cloths Washer" 100 % parts and Labor.
Lowe's will give a credit to purchase a new one at their store and buy a new Extended Service Plan on the new washer. I purchased a Maytag washer on 1-17-06. Filed complaint on 7-24-08 ( transmission failure) Lowes won't repair washer.
I stll have 41 months left on the Extended Service Plan that purchased at the Lowe's store when the Maytag was purchased. The sevice plan was $ 104.98 for four years extended warranty coverage.
Lowe's wants $85.00 for a new service plan, if I use the credit to get new washer at their store.
"Maytag is now made by Whirlpool Corporation"
There is a big lawsuit against Whirlpool for defective washers.
Ro
  2nd of Sep, 2008
Contacted the Lowe's Extended Protection Plan this morning (N.E.W) @ 1-888-775-6973. I asked why I got a Lowe's gift card for the amount that I paid for the washer. Store credit that can only be used at Lowe's. I asked why my washer is not going to be repaired. I was told by one of their representatives that the repair people charge $60.00 an hour labor to repair and that it was not in companys favor to repair my washer. The Warranty plan that was purchased at the Lowe's store in Williamsburg, Va. when the washer was purchased there. Since their company don't mail the customer a copy of the warranty after the sale of the Extended Protection Plan, you don't really know what is really covered.
On 8/29/08 I downloaded information on -line for the Lowe's Extended Protecion Plan from their website. " The plan stated that it would pay for all parts and labor for period of four years. The warranty did not state that: If the repars cost was not in their companys favor that they would not repair the washer. Well, I will be contacting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission in reference to the "Magnuson- Moss Warranty Act of 1975."
All other persons that can not get their appliances repaired by The Lowe's Extended Protection Plan Warranty should also contact the Federal Trade Commission.
Am
  8th of Oct, 2008
These are not warranties first of all, they are contracts, and in the contract it states that when you buy the plan you are agreeing that you know what you are buying. If you read the terms and conditions you would know this. If you didn't ask the store for a copy of the terms and conditions that is your fault, isn't it? I don't have a brochure in front of me, but I know it definately states that they will not repair you washer in the limit of liability section if it becomes to costly to repair. It also states on your reciept that no other documentation will be sent, so of course Lowe's isn't going to send you something, maybe you should read over your info and become an informed consumer instead of complaining about things that are really only your problem. Of course sales people lie to you as well...I'm only 22 and I'm quite aware of that, why is this so shocking to people. That is your fault for believing a sales person, this doesn't just happen at Lowe's, it happens EVERYWHERE, once again you didn't ask questions nor take the time to find out what you were buying. Have fun trying to sue Lowe's or N.E.W because from what you've written you have no case, and its obvious you know nothing of the contract that you agreed to.
Ih
  6th of Feb, 2010
I also purhcased their plan. My water heater went out and they said it would be 24 hours while they researched to find someone to fix my problem. Winter with no hot water is no fun by they way. It was Friday morning at 7 a.m. By Monday evening, still no luck with anyone to fix my issue. They then said 3-5 days for them to come up with a resolution to the problem. No return phone calls from them. Two weeks later I got a gift card for a replacement. If they can replace it and I pay for the install, couldn't that installer have fixed the other water heater that is less than two years old? Their plan stinks and their lack of care about the issue made it even worse. Never purchase their extended service plan. Thanks to the manufacturer, I had it fixed in a few days but I didn't let Lowe's know anything about it. I will never shop at Lowe's again. They should have a database of authorized repair centers to have a service person out the same day. The manufacturer had somoene out within three hours of my phone call. They did not have the part needed but overnighted it and had it fixed quickly.
Tw
  11th of Mar, 2011
The Lowe's extended protection plan is an absolute joke. I purchased this plan when i bought all new Samsung kitchen appliances for my home. My dishwasher has broken down twice now and each time Lowe' s sends some off the wall company out to assess the problem. They tell me they will be out between 8am - Noon. I make arrangements to take off of work to be there they never show up. Finally they call and say they will be there between 1pm - 4pm. After numerous calls they finally show up at 7:45pm after it took over a month to get the part in and they still don't know whats wrong with it or how to fix it. So they send out another company to start this joke of a process all over again and when you call customer service all they have to say is I'm sorry. I heard I'm sorry a thousand times yet my dishwasher is still not fixed. For some reason Lowe's thinks no-body works and we're just sitting around the house or we all have jobs that we can just take off from work at the drop of a hat to be at home on numerous occasions because they cant do anything right the first time. Its one thing to get treated like crap from the [censor]s at the customer service center, these people are about as incompetent as they get and the repair companies they send out are no better if it were free, but i had to pay for this type of service. Never shop at Lowe's and by all means don't buy their extended protection plan because it pro tech's nothing and the hassle of it all is not even close to being worth it.

Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers Logo Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers
Overall Satisfaction Rating