Lowes - Ceiling Fans / poor quality

Madison St, Clarksville, TN, United States Review updated:

Purchased a ceiling fan to only find out the motor was defective. Of course you can only discover this after you've installed the fan. I figure I spent about 2 and half hours between the purchase, installation and return so the least I could do is spend the same amount of time complaining on the internet. Sadly, the days of being able to purchase quality products are long gone simply because it is not in Lowe's best interest. They are only concerned about price and volume and with a business plan of build it and they will come you really have no choice but to do business with them. Really, think about it, the only alternative in most areas is Home Depot, the same poor quality and service but with a different color. I guess you just have to decide if you want to get screwed by Blue or Orange. The only problem is my screw driver broke last week. You can guess where I purchased it.

Comments

• Jb
      Jul 10, 2011

perhaps you should blame the quality on the manufacturer of the item. your blaming a company that gives equal opportunity to all manufacturers by giving them the ability to sell that product in their store.

• Jk
      Jul 10, 2011

Take the time to read the name on the box the fan came in.

Complain to the maker of the fan.

Lowes sell both cheap and expensive fans.

If you purchased a Sears Craftsman screwdriver, you could get it replaced for free.

• Mo
      Jul 26, 2011

I had a ceiling fan from Lowes make my child ill, it was over heating and out-gassing formaldehyde. After being in a bed room with this fan slowly poisoning her for a few months, she began having seizures. We are still dealing with the aftermath of this 1 year later. Just like every other store alot of their merchandise comes from China if you go to any product recall site 90% of recalled products are made in China and alot of the recalls are due to this or that TOXIC substance being used in the manufacturing of the product. It should be unacceptable for the USA to have these dangerous products shipped in! Yes it may cost alittle more to have more things made in America but in the end we will all pay with our health!