LongHorn Steakhouse / diversity/seating

Jan 13, 2018
Shelton , Ct.
On 1/10/18 approx. 4:00 pm I visited LH in Shelton Ct. with my wife, we asked for a booth, Rest. was only at 30% capacity Many booths available yet we were offered a tiny booth next to restrooms after walking past 10 open booths (Have had seating issue at this loc. in the past) I expressed my displeasure! This Loc. HAS Diversity ISSUES! I WILL NEVER GO TO THAT LOC. AGAIN. Need to look into problem there.. Overlooked bad treatment in past but will no longer due to reoccurring issues, not a one time thing..

N  13th of Jan, 2018 by
Customers are seated based on rotation, i.e. what server is up next to receive a table and they are seated in sections that are currently being covered by a server. This has nothing to do with "diversity" and everything to do with rotation. It isn't rocket science and no one was trying to hurt your feelings. It is quite easy to speak up and say "I don't like this table, please seat me somewhere else".
D  13th of Jan, 2018 by
Diversity? So everyone that was white was seated in front but, because you’re black, they put you in back! Mmmkay. As said, restaurants place customers where servers are working. Your server may have had that section but it appeared discriminatory to you.

You expressed displeasure? How so? “Can we please be seated closer to other diners?” or “why youse makin’ ni**ers sit in back like weese nobody.”

I ate at a restaurant once and was put at a table far away from others. Mom and I weren’t pleased but it wasn’t a race issue. I posted here but also sent corporate a letter explaining my experience. They sent an apology, a $25 gift card and a promise to train staff better. I gave the card to a friend and didn’t go back. The food was decent but not something I’d go back for.

But, they tried hard to make it right. One server [censor] up but I don’t say it’s the restaurant chain but one server.

LongHorn Steakhouse Logo LongHorn Steakhouse