Litton Loan / unlawful mortgage loans

1 TX, United States Review updated:

(1) Litton added additional charges on to our account - a forced escrow account in which they never paid the taxes but charged us for it

(2) Even though we paid for our own insurance Litton added insurance to our account costing three times the normal premium charged by our insurance company... we would like to become part of a class action suit against them for their predatory lending practices.

(3) they forced insurance on us and when we had a tornado at the house and it took out several trees, did damage to the roof, the siding and the yard we spent over $6k out of pocket to clean the mess and 'their insurance' has not paid a dime.

(4) When they call, many of their agents tend to be very unprofessional and abusive.

(5) we bought extra mortgage insurance to cover major repairs (we replaced the roof, furnace, hot water heater and then found out that Littons mortgage insurance covered nothing.)

Je

Comments

• St
      5th of Jan, 2011

I have been a victom of ther scams as well i live in georgia . i have read most of the complaints about litton . What i would like to know is there anyone out there to help us with our problems with this company . I am contacting the atorney general in texas as well in geirgia to see if they can help . we need to start a class action suite . If we stand together maybe we can get something going .Standing as one will be useless...Richard in ga. [email protected]

• Fi
      30th of May, 2011

My husband and I applied for a loan modification; we never signed the paperwork, but they went ahead and set up an escrow account anyway. We paid our mortgage on time, yet they reported us as being late due to the escrow. They also tried to force their insurance on us; we never went along with it and thankfully nothing ever came out if it. We've heard several different versions of "their insurance, " the last one being, "we don't give you new insurance, we just take over your payments (on your existing insurance)" The conversation ended when I informed the rep that my homeowner's insurance premium is $88.00 a month.