Litton Loan Servicing Logo

Litton Loan Servicing

Having problems with Litton Loan Servicing?

Complaints & Reviews

Fraud and cheating

Litton loan gave me an experience that I will never forget. I never in a million years thought a company could run a business like this. I am a single mom raising 2 boys and I lived in that house for 20 years and Litton took that away from me and my Boys. Litton Violated my rights to redeem my home because they would never return my calls & I would never talk to the same person. Litton wasted so much time during the process that I had no chance to make things right. I had a financial adviser working with me and he was shocked to see this happening because he said he has never lost a case. He assured me that Litton did not want my home. My financial adviser worked so hard calling Litton when i was at work so we could always be on there back. He had a hard time getting a hold of someone and when he did it ended up to be a new contact person. Litton Referred me to the Loss Mitigation Dept. to make sure that I would have a good chance to save my home. What a joke. I am going to give you all the names that I had to deal with and I got NO where. Ms.Garcia, Mr.Davis, Mr.Droddy, Ms.Ward, Mr.McGee, Ms.Sissom, Ms.Ramirez, and the Law Firm of Wilford and Geske for Litton loan Servicing. I really want to do something about this because now I am a Single Mom renting and I have a Foreclosure on my Credit Report and I never intended to lose my home at all. I want justice, I want Litton to repay me for what they took from me and they didn't blink an eye. This company doesn't have compassion to work with their customers at all. Lets get Justice Please.

• He
    hendeegrl Apr 24, 2009

I take care of my grandfather. We havent asked for modifications. WE get diferent statements stating different amounts that he owes. 3 plus more of statements in a months time. They say its going to the research departmrnt. I have been aruing with this company for a year. They wont even give me documents for the time he has had the loan. Customer service wont tell me anything. but that they see the payments. This comany is ridiculas. They can have this house.. They will lose thier money. How will they feel about that?

Fraudsters and cheaters

I feel sorry for anyone who has litton loan as their mortgage company. They are crooks. After our bankruptcy was discharge they said we owed them 16, 000 dollars, when we made every payment. After arguing with I got it reduced to about 6, 000. I'm still frighting with them to set up a repayment plan. Knowone says the samething. Everytime I call it's a different story. The amount they want changes everytime I call, even if it's with in an hour. We have lived in this house for 15 years, we 2 young boys who want to stay by their friends but litton wants to foreclose on our home. All we want to do is pay and stay in our home but they won't work with us. It's companies like this that has caused our economic problems.

• Ha
    hanson1977 Jun 07, 2010

Litton Loan is horrible... they are trying to take our home. After 5 months of going thru their loan modification they said we didn
    t need it. They are now not updating their site for payments that have been made and are complete crooks! Everytime you talk to someone it is some different story... they need to be sued!

• Da
    Dan Br Oct 19, 2010

I too had my loan sold to litton loan and we had paid on time for the last 4 years and I got laid off from my job and was having trouble paying my monthly payments. So I went to them to see if they could modify my loan. They did work with me for about 8 months and then they send us a letter stating that we were disquified because they didn't think we could make the 1323 payments, so they raise my payment to 1927 now if they didn't think I couldn't make the lower payment why would you think that I could make the larger payment, they should do the math. Now they are saying that our house will start in the foreclosure in about 45 days, if we don't bring our payment up to date with 16, 000 dollars. I may have to take this one to my attorney.

Rip off company

My situation is different from the ones I have read here but the service is the same. You get no where with these people. They Lie and Will Not help anyone!

My money is frozen with Stanford financial, this is how we make our house notes. I called these people the minute I knew it happened to see if they would work with me.( feb 18th) Nothing and they would not call me back. I must have talked to 8 or 9 people and they they say, Fax a letter and then someone would get back with me. I not only faxed the letter but sent 2 registered mail, on the same day, stating the problem on Feb 23rd. One I sent to the Unseen circumstance Department. ( sounds like they made that department up so I would quit calling twice a day and my question over and over to these people is 'isn't there anyone you can get me in touch with to help me? Do you not have anyone there that can help me? And believe me at this point I believe the calls are going overseas.) and the other to Larry B Litton. But Francis Blackshear stamped ( not signed) on the 13th and the other on the 23rd of March. So I call and ask for her directly, they do not know her don't know her extension. Noone can get me in touch with her. So here I am talking to these people who will do nothing. I asked to speak to a loan officer. They are the loan officer they say. Come to find out they are not a loan company at all they are a debt collection service and nothing more. They tell me they are the manager, who are these people and how are they holding a job when so many people are losing theirs is what i would like to know. I have people at the Secretary of State Office willing to talk to these people and people from my trust fund, and even the lady at the SEC that will tell them when this is done they will get every penny owed to them. My money is not involved in the alleged CD fraud it is only frozen because the Stanford Name is attached to. They say they can't talk to them, can't or won't is what i asked them they hung up on me.

I have tried to get a loan modification and I read all these stories of your loan modifications well they told me on numerous occasions they don't have a loan modification program. I thought they had to with the new law and said just that. They do not have a loan modification department. So maybe that why everyone else's isn't working to well.

I have watched several things on these people and they are no longer with the BBB. I am going to try and post a video that I found in search of these people and I don't know if it will post on here but i do hope so!~

I have also found out that this company is owned by Lloyd Blankfein and David Viniar of Goldman Sachs. Google them and it will make you sick as to how much money they make in a year. Guess alot of that comes from the money not posted on accounts. But your account was sold on Wallstreet chances are and seems how they are the highest paid men on Wallstreet no wonder we are all in this situation.

So what now with all these complaints of basically stealing money and really do they want our money or do they want our houses? I need to know where to go from here. I read everyone's story and there is no way I could work for a company like this I could not stab people in the back the way they are doing. Please someone out there help all these people and maybe just maybe they need to be digging deep could turn out like Stanford and Maddooff.

• As
    asba Dec 18, 2009

There are so many similarities with our situation with Litton when I read all of these complaints. It's such a shame that Litton is not organized enough to do their job. They don't see us as people with families who need their homes, but they see us as dollar signs. It took us almost a year to work out a loan mod and we did everything to a T..even with Litton's wrong fax numbers and lost papers, we were able to push ahead. Unbelievably, Litton sent us a letter stating that they did not receive one fax form us, so out loan mod was denied. They started foreclosure. When we were in court for this, Litton changed their story and claimed that we did not send out 3rd promise payment, but we indeed did send it, and they CASHED the mo. Now they claim that we have to start the loan mod ALL over again, and the money we paid to them during the loan mod went directly to interest, Now we're even further behind than we were before the loan mod started over a year ago. I'm writing to my State Rep. This company will NOT get away with this. ANY GOOD ATTORNEYS OUT THERE who want to HELP US?

mary f sullivan Oct 11, 2010

we got a loan on our house in the year of with a co. by a year or so they sold it to litton and they in return sold it to another loan co . we went the other day and apply for a loan to buy a auto. and come back with our house was being repo and we have been making payments to this loan co. every mo . for years . so what i would like to know is ! how to get our house off of that list or do we need to contact a lawyer ? please reply to [email protected]

Foreclosure

Due to hours being cut at my previous job i fell 2months behind on my house payments.When I got a new job...

Litton foreclosed while modification

I lost my house to foreclosure while in the process of a modification, they told me to relax I could breath easy. Over the last several months I have received notices to move but my children and I are still in the house. Had a bit of equity at the time of foreclosure, but I could not seem to find the right party to help me know what to do. These legal things are quite intimidating and very confusing to those of us who just don't understand. I want more than anything to keep my house. I am quite attached to it and it is the only home my three children have ever known. I have steady income when I am not stressed out of my mind. Help me regain my home and stability. This is a brief summary of what has happened. Now being locked out, the appt. we made to remove personal belongings was not honoured. They tell me I will only have one day to remove all. Twenty yrs in 8 hours I am to box up. If someone could help us

• Br
    brenda hisaw Apr 18, 2009

i agree i have a friend who is going thru the same thing. he received a letter telling him his house is up for sale on the 25th of this month, thinking he is getting a modification loan. they lied and took more money from him while trying to save his home. he even went thru bankrupty trying to save his home and he is still gonna lose it. they took his money and never straighten out his loan. this has gone on for three years. they should be ashamed. he has really struggle to save his home.

• Tr
    trashmanIam Aug 31, 2009

I cas only say that it appears that it is in the best interest of Litton and its clients to forclose rather then Modify the loan because they make more money.
    I am going to see a lawyer tommorow because they said they would modify and after 9 months they tell me they cannot MODIFY.
    What gives?

sallymcgally Sep 09, 2009

I went thru bankrupty to save my house and my bankrupty lawyer heard that Litton was who I was dealing with and he said your screwed! They are the worst!
    I will now lose my home after fighting so hard that it has wrecked my marriage.

• Ss
    sseral2020 Sep 28, 2009

We are experiencing the same thing. I am married with 4 children, make a great income, but Litton Loan has continued to apply unlawful Escrow and other charges, we took out our 401k money to pay it and get caught up back in July. Now, they imposed again some mystery ESCROW and raised our mortgage over $350.00 MORE a month then we were already paying(total over $2700.00 a month !!!) making it un affordable. I was laid off last year, and found a new position with a excellent new company after about 2 months, but that delayed our payments. I explained all this to Litton, they said " you qualify for a loan modification " and then continued to sock this escrow thing to us. then after 4 months of repeated sending in paperwork, the then told us in March, "you do NOT qualify anymore for modification and must pay us $5000.00 NOW ! " SO, WE Took 401k out to pay! daughter in college, straining budget, LITTON IS DESTROYING OUR MARRIAGE AND OUR FAMILY DUE TO THIS UNLAWFUL EXPENSIVE CRAP THEY ARE DOING. IS THERE A HONEST LAW FIRM OUT THERE TO HELP US ANYONE ? ? ? EMAIL ME [email protected] !!! HELP
    WE RESIDE IN North Carolina !!!

• Ss
    sseral2020 Sep 28, 2009

GO ON WWW.YouTube.Com. THERE ARE NOW MANY VIDEOS you can see what LITTON LOAN IS DOING. WHY IS THERE NO ADVOCATE TO HELP THE CONSUMER AGAINST LITTON LOAN. I have had several homes, one at a time. Never EVER HAVE I SEEN SUCH HORRIBLE TREATMENT AND TRICKERY FROM A MORTGAGE COMPANY !!! This is horrible.

soon to be homeless Dec 02, 2009

Litton Loan is owned by Goldman Sachs, one of the most powerful finacial institutions in the world. We made our
    pre-trail modification payments and they still auctioned our house with no prior warning. We need some large organization to file a class action suit! Also Litton Loan was given 1.1 billion in TARP funds.

• Bu
    Burienalan Nov 21, 2010

We to are leaving our home after almost twenty years. Litton loan is the most unbelievable company I have ever delt with. My family is devastated. Moving this week. Our country has done it again. Good job Obahma.

• Bk
    bkurt31 Nov 21, 2010

Litton is statistically one of the worst servicers for entering into trial mods, stringing the customer along, denying the modification and foreclosing. If you had a home in California, entered into a trial mod that lasted more than 3 months, you made all of the payments as agreed, your home was foreclosed, and you are willing to be the class representative in a suit, please send an email to [email protected] so that we can discuss.

Sub-Prime Loan

I have a sub-prime loan that is scheduled to adjust every six months. I have never been late on my mortgage and my credit is good. I received a letter from Popular Mortgage stating that my monthly mortgage payment will be increasing on 11/1/08 and if there would be a problem with the increase I need to contact Popular. I immediately called Popular and explained to them that because of the economy I could not afford an increase at this time and I submitted all the required documentation to get a loan modification. Popular sold the loan to Litton Loan Servicing LP and I began the process again I submitted all the paper work and Litton Loan Servicing LP sent me the following letter:Dear Mortgagor(s):
Litton Loan Servicing LP (“Litton”) has reviewed your request for a loan modification, and we are unable to approve your request because of the following reason(s):
Your financial data indicates that you do not have sufficient income to support the modified payment and other obligations, if your financial data has changed since the submission of your financial information, please contact us. Litton is continuing with its servicing efforts to protect the rights and interests of its investor. If foreclosure action has begun, it will continue and may result in a deficiency judgment and/or a negative credit rating.
Should you have questions, please contact our Loss Mitigation Department at [protected] or visit our website at www.littonloan.com.
Sincerely,
Loss Mitigation Department
Litton Loan Servicing states I do not have sufficient income to support a loan modification which would lower my payments instead they raised my monthly payment almost $200.00 dollars. I complained to the Better Business Bureau and this arrogant company did not even respond to the Better Business Bureau as you can plainly see from the letter I received Complaint ID#: [protected]
Business Name: Popular Mortgage Services, Inc

BBB has made several attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company.

BBB develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies in our service area. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. In the case of your complaint, the company's failure to promptly give attention to the matter will be reflected in the report we give to consumers about them.

With any complaint, you have the option of pursuing the matter legally.

To pursue your complaint, please contact: Camden County Consumer Protection/Weights & Measures, DiPiero Center, Blackwood, NJ, 08012, phone:[protected]

If the company has contacted you in the interim, please notify BBB immediately.

Sincerely,

Georgina Pisapia
Service Representative
BBB Complaint Department
I cannot afford the increase in my mortgage payments and it is just a matter of time before I am delinquent and loose my home to foreclosure. I believe it is unfair that the banks get Billions from the government and the homeowner gets absolutely no help. If you can help, please I need it now.

Best Regards,

Exomar Brown

sandi papas Nov 03, 2009

i am currently having a similar experience w/litton. we applied for a loan mod that was dragged out for several months. only to be denied for insufficient income. they gave us a workout plan that required us to make trial payments which we made on time. after they denied the loan mod they said we were in default & are asking for over $6, 000 to get current or they will start the foreclosure process. in addition, they are increasing our monthly loan payment!

• Ml
    MLP327 Oct 17, 2010

My husband and I have had the same experience with Litton and after fighting with them for over a year and being told we could do a short sale and putting the house up for sale they sold it 2 days later! We finally said they could have it, it wasn't worth the headache! Not to mention that they are STILL sending us letters saying we owe this months payments. Litton does NOT have it together and should have to pay for what they do to all the people that are making their payments but need help in this tough economy!

Terrible experience

My husband passed away unexpectedly on 01/29/08 the day before our appointment to sign up for life insurance. We purchased the house on 09/18/95 and never was late or missed a payment. My husband re-finance with Fieldstone Mortgage and they sold our mortgage to Litton Loan and now Litton refuses to work with me.

I spoke to them in Feb of 08 and I was told that they would not be able to discuss mortgage until I faxed death and marriage certificate. I called them after I faxed paperwork and got someone different. They told me the person prior to them gave wrong info and i needed to fax all three plus copy of deed. They claimed they never got it even though fax report went through fine so I faxed paperwork again this time they did get it and noted the file so they could speak to me.

My company has a benefit fund to help out their employees with money that does not need to be paid back. March 1, 2008 they donated 6, 000 divided into two checks. 3017.64 went to the mortgage and the other check went toward my taxes on the house.

After that I went to RI Housing Authority and met with Mr. Paul Russo. I filled out forms along with a letter of authorization signed by me to give permission for Mr. Russo to talk with Litton Loan. What they do is take over the mortgage in order to reduce my monthly payments to fit my budget.

Everything was fine until late October. They ask him to fax a letter of authorization signed by me. (I don't know what they did with the first one we faxed) Everytime he tried to contact them they would not return his call and he would have to keep calling them back.

When he finally got a hold of them all they would say is that it was being worked on and they would get back to him which they did not. I called Mr. Russo weekly to see what the update was.

I called and talked to loss mitigation dept and was told that there was two programs they had. I did not qualify for the first but they would do a loan modification. I was sent forms in the middle of October from Titianum Solutions (a company that Litton uses for loan modification) that I filled out, notarized and attached all required documents. A check of 562.62 which was required was also sent. Everything had to be in by Nov 1st.

A Letter dated Nov 13th was sent back to me along with the 562.62 check that said the file was closed. I called and spoke to Iris (I'm not sure how to spell her last name). Her phone number is [protected]. She told me the reason they sent the check back was because my name is not on the mortgage note and they could not make any arrangements with me, even thought both my husband and my name are one the deed.

The same week I received a letter from a foreclosure lawyer noting that the house was being put in the Prov Journal on Dec 19th with a auction set for Jan 9th.

When I talk to them in Feb they never said they could not work with me because of this. They told me just the opposite. I have been constantly trying to get someone to help me. I spoke to at least 3 or 4 and some said I don't need a probate lawyer and 1 out of the 4 said I need to go to probate court which I am doing first thing 01/06/09. I wish Litton Loan would have said they could not work with me in Feb instead of deceiving me by saying that they would help me.

Contradictions in Communication

I am horrified to read everyone's complaints about this company. Recently I contacted Litton to discuss a loan modification and was told after spending an hour discussing my financial sitaution that I was "pre-qualified" for a loan modification.

The representative helping me initailly was not very friendly; however, she warmed a little about a half hour into the conversaiton. She informed me that I would need to submit a hardship letter along with paycheck stubs and bank statements. I was informed once the requested information was received, it would take approximately 90-days for Litton to present me with the terms of the modified loan. I went ahead and made my December 2008 payment with the intention of providing the requested letter and financial information in the upcoming weeks at the first of the year.

Unfortunately, prior to having the chance to submit such informaion, I received 2 letters in the mail (one for each of my 2 loans) annonucing that after review of my Income documents, they are not able to offer an alternative workout solution...What documents did they review to make this new decision contradicting the pre-qualification I was verbally provided over the phone by one of their reps. I still to this day have not yet submitted income income documents to Litton for review, yet they have declined me based on "Income documents."

So, it appears that Litton never had any intention of working with my loan and in anticipation of me submitting the requested financial documents, schedueld me to receive a form letter contradicting the verbal pre-qualificaiton I received.

This is a joke! Litton is the servicing company for my loan funded by Ownit Mortgage who is no longer in business. Not knowing at the time that Ownit folded two years ago, during my phone conversation with the Litton Loan rep, when I specifically asked her if I should try to contact Ownit directly she neglected to inform me that the company holding my note had folded. Rather, she advised that although I could attempt to contact them directly, she encouraged me to move forward with Litton in an attempt to modify the loan...what kind of sick game is that?

I appreciate everyone taking the time to post their information. I now feel more educated about the tactics of this company and will begin using counsel to address my mortgage concerns.

Although my home loan is a sub-prime loan, I am not stupid nor will I tolerate someone trying to take advantage of me or my situation. I fell prey once...but, never again. Best of luck to everyone out there trying to do the right thing by negotiation with the banks instead of walking away.

• Lo
    Loan Modification is a Scam Jan 26, 2009

I had a very similar problem with Littton, My son was laid off his job, and fell behind on the mortgage, when we asked for help in the form of a modification of our loan, Litton told us that we would have to send in check stubs, a hardship letter and other items. We did of course, this was in October 2008, we never heard from them again, we called to check the status of the modification a week before Christmas, we were told that this is a 90 day process and they would be sending a contractor out to do an inspection. This was told to us by the customer service rep., still no call from the person handling our loan modification. I called back on January 13th, another represenative said that it was being reviewed and to call back in a week. On the 26th of January, we get a letter form them delclining our modification, due to sufficient funds. What type of help is this, I am helping my son to keep this house and I have my own finances to take care of. What on earth did they base their findings on other than my monthly pay, what happened to the break down of all of our monthly expenses, what happend to talking to someone who has actual knowledge of your case, what happened to common curtisey. If there is anyone out that that has experience this or anything similar to this, or even know of someone who has and have knowledge of how I can get help or to stop litton from taking advantage of people. Please tell me how. These people need to be stopped. I am someone who got caught caught up in this preditory lending, I have a second mortagage with Ocwen and it took them exactly 30 minutes to do a loan modification on our loan after they received a letter of hardship. I even spoke to the modification specialist that handled our account. The only good thing that Litton has going for them is how to successfully avoid clients that need their help. I think this is part of their job description.

• Bi
    billy Mar 02, 2009

Everyone should go to consumer affair website and pull up all the complaints on Littion and send copies to Obama administration. Also, flood there emails letting them know how unfairly people have been treated under this company. They are bad...bad news and need to be exposed!

• Co
    c of miami Jul 29, 2009

Litton Loan has been stalling our loan mod for 6 months. We are self employed and need a stated program which does not exist now a days!!! In addition we are on an adjustable that is not following the note!!! These people are insane!!! They think they make the laws...Stalling, lieing, calling!! DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!! CERTIFY MAIL EVERYTHING!!! They mislead, lie and tell you things that make you feel stupid!!!

Fraud and cheating

I believe that I too have been ripped off by Litton Loan Servicing.

I tried to enter into a Loan Modification in Feb 2008 and although they promised it would only take 3-4 months to do by the end of June 2008 they had barely started and had my home of 8 years scheduled for foreclosure at the end of July 2008. Their "representative" said that if I entered into a forbearance agreement and paid them the $5000.00 "downpayment" they would require as part of the Loan Modification "ahead of time" and agree to a new payment plan they would hold off on the foreclosure.

I had this in writing and I advised them again, in writing, that I had to borrow this money from a family friend and that we were trusting them with our money and home and would only do so relying on their promise of a loan modification.

We entered into this agreement and paid them the "down payment" and one of the revised payments only to then be told by them IN WRITING that we were not eligible for a Loan Modification BECAUSE we were in a payment arrangement! Yes, because we did what they asked us to we were no longer eligible for a loan modification. How is THAT for setting up one of your customers for failure? Sounds like possible FRAUD to me.

When I complained that it sounded like fraud I got an email a week later saying their "legal department" was going to allow them to proceed and that it would take 45 days to process. But less than 1 week later I was told that I could not get a loan modification because there is equity in my home so I am supposed to refinance elsewhere.

There IS NO EQUITY in the home (especially when considering sales costs), and even if there was, who would refinance someone who is in the process of foreclosure?!!!

Today I saw an attorney who claimed that it is not financially worth it for one person to fight this type of issue, and sometimes attorney fees are NOT able to be claimed from the losing party. But if I were to find others in the same (or similar) situation he may be able to do something.

So, I am actively looking for people who have been ripped off by Litton who also have hard documentation (emails, letters, check stubs, etc). I want to find as many people as possible. If we were to all band together and hit this pitiful excuse for a business with several similar lawsuits that may become several different class action suits, we may be able to win... and hopefully put them out of the business they appear to be in (that is, screwing people out of their homes).

So, if anyone is interested in getting together and teaming up against Litton Loans, PLEASE gather up ALL of your records and contact me. Please DO NOT send anything to me at this point, just gather your records and send an email to me at This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it I will need you to include your reply email address and a brief explanation of what you believe they did to you. Also, you will need to include in the subject line "LITTON RIPOFF" or something similar so that I won't treat the email as spam and accidentally (or on purpose!) delete it.

I was advised that we generally have 2 - 3 years to file, but I doubt if any of us want to wait that long, nor did we all get ripped off on the same day. I'd like to try to get enough people and HARD EVIDENCE by Spring 2009. We can then meet online and decide on attorneys, etc. I hope we can get this to work and hit this company where they hit us... in the pocketbook.

• Ro
    Roxanne Feb 15, 2009

go online there are plenty of people in the same condition. Contact goldman Sacks their parent company. Thats what were doing to. If enough people call The big guy at Goldman Sacks maybe they will investigate Littion. Good Luck. We found out if you go to Littion loan class action suits their are many people out their looking to join up.

• We
    Wendy Feb 24, 2009

WoW I was blown away by all the "Litton" loan comments, I am in the same boat, they falsely put me in foreclosure, I had to file bankruptcy, so my credit is shot, I hired and attorney, whom has yet to stand up for me, I go to bankruptcy court soon and I will then have to pay an extra $ 700.00 more a month, how can someone in hardship handle that! Litton wont even give me the time of day, they should be held accountable for there actions, they have driven me to the ground, I cant sleep, my health is failing due to all this stress, I have a sick child, where are we suppost to go? who out there can help? theres so many scams, you dont know what to do or who to talk to??? its been two years and I need a rel loan mod. now??                                                                                           Wendy

• Om
    omeeomy May 08, 2009

im in the same boat my home is due for sherifs sale on 5/13 and no one will contact me

• Om
    omeeomy May 08, 2009

anybody have any help i sure do need it and soon thanks

Terrible customer service

I've went through a divorce and a job change, so I couldn't make payments on myhouse. I want to do a short sale or a deed in-lieu. I called Litton several times and talked with a person on the phone who said nothing like that was being done, I've faxed all the short-sale info, I've called my specific agent several times, and now they sent a letter saying I've done nothing. I cant get anyone to answer my calls, write me, acknowledge my fax--Nothing! I'm trying to sell the house, but how can I without them acknowledging the fax of the short-sale. They've got to "ok" it. Its just frustrating and I don't know what else to do.

No customer service

Litton Loan Servicing is HORRIBLE!!! I was a customer of Fremont Investment and Loan until they claimed bankruptcy and was sold to Litton. It has been a MISERABLE few months with this company. They continually let you know as you wait on hold that they are a collection company and any information obtained will be used to collect a debt. However, I do not owe any debt; in fact, I have never made a late payment, nor missed a payment in the 3 years I have owned the home. They treat you like you are in foreclosure every time you call. They don't return calls, lose information and talk rudely to you. When you make a payment they double charge a service fee on both the first and second mortgage! I applied for a modification four months ago. I called every 2 weeks for two months to check on the status. Several customer service reps confirmed for me that there was no new progress and they had three months to process the application. Finally, almost at the 3 month mark a representative finally tells me that my paperwork was lost and never actually made it to be processed! I was forced to reapply with no consequence for Litton, no one was held accountable, and now I have to wait in line behind hundreds of other applicants who applied after me. I asked for a manager to call me over 10 times now and she is always away from her desk or unavailable; never returns my call. I wish this company had never come into my life and want everyone to know what a nightmare they are. There is no service in their customer service.

scam

All of your complaints are very familiar. I too have a loan with Litton Loan
(NOT BY CHOICE) I did not choose to do business with them, which in it self is a scam.
What I would really like to know is why aren't they being audited by the US government? Why aren't the Feds on top of this bottom feeder of a company and why aren't they shut down from doing business with anyone?
This is suppose to be freedom of choice, I had no choice in who my loan got sold out to, or who I am forced into doing business with. A home loan is the biggest investment we all make in our lives and all of us got sold out to a ### sucking bottom feeder. What is wrong with this country as American citizens we can't trust the credit card companies we do business with, or the banks we do business with. Every time you turn around someone has their hand in your pocket, sucking out the last hard earned penny that you work for. The government is trying to make it so we can get a decent loan, but that isn't enough, the owner at Litton Loan needs to be hit and hit hard in HIS or HER pocket and shut down. Enough is enough how many people have to loose their home or be ripped off before something is done. That my friends is what I would like to know. Who do we complain to the BBB? Does there need to be a partition to shut this place down and fined?? Anyone have any ideas?

• Ed
    edgar s heitman Nov 14, 2008

sir i do not think anyone could make you happy! if your so apaulled, go get a loan from someone else

• Ri
    rickyrat Jun 30, 2009

Ever hear the lie... "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you?"

Google: "The Obama Deception" and watch the full version of the film.
    You will see that the World Bankers are working to collapse the economy of the United States so that they can achieve world domination. Laws are being pushed through Congress without due process. Our freedom of speech, right to bear arms, etc. The NWO bankers shut out the mortgage industry, which was taken over by the banks, the auto industry, trying to socialize medicine. Oil production has been blocked. What alternative fuel? Clinton tried to farm out our military command to NATO, and thank God, without success.

Obama's mortgage plan is BS. He never so much has managed a Dairy Queen. What the hell does he know about the mortgage industry. Yes, they have the right to sell your loan. It's all there in your closing docs. I just got an email requiring a 700 fico score. FHA did not require a score two years ago. Then loan pricing if you want a refi is crazy. 99% of the loan modification companies are crooks. They get your 2500 to 4500 up front then tell you to sell your house.

If they want to fix the mortgage industry...get a loan officer or broker who has been there. I have a solution for the mortgage cruch. Take over the Fed and put those crooks in jail! The is nothing Federal about the Federal Reserve... Google: "The Money Masters" It's a 3 hr documentary, but that lesson alone will educate you well above the flunkies in Washington.

Hang in there and good luck...

POed Loan Officer in TX

• Te
    Terri007 Jul 02, 2009

I am So sorry to hear what happened thats why I entrusted in a law firm to get my Modification done. I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at 866 400 1694 The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson

Illegally Misapplied Principal Funds

Litton Loan bought my mortgage from SunTrust, and every payment they have handled since the transfer of the loan has been illegal. My additional payments to principle has been deferred to "suspense" accounts illegally maintained by Litton Loan as insurance against future missed payments. By law, the terms of my loan may not be changed due to the sale of a loan. Any payments marked for additional principle are supposed to be applied to the principle of the loan. My wife and I cannot refinance to a lower rate due to these dishonest practices.

Class action lawsuits take forever to resolve. What are we supposed to do in the meantime? I urge everyone whose financial lending institution has sold their loan to Litton Loan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the American Banking Association. These lending institutions are aware of the dishonest business practices of Litton Loan, and they are just as culpable for doing business with a dishonest company as Litton Loan is for breaking the law.

Poor Escrow Mortgage Management

Ever since Litton Loan Servicing has taken over on what AMC did, has become a disaster in determining my monthly mortgage payments. Every year, I received a check in the amount of $634.34, of which they have been claiming that this amount is over $50.00 in the "Escrow Account." And within 45 days, I am notified that my monthly payments will be increase, based upon their calculations of shortage of funds for the coming year. Litton Loan Servicing LP, then increases this monthly payments up to $45.00 each month, because of the negative within the system. My only question when I asked them why? I can't get an answer. This in my opinion, is "Fraud, " an I want to know why the funds can continue without returning it to me, as an excess amount.

• Cs
    C.S.,TX Dec 15, 2009

Oh, I totally agree! They can't seem to get an accurate figure for our escrow account either! Always too short or too much! Furthermore, they don't pay insurance and taxes automatically and deny having been sent a statement/bill from our insurance company and Appraisal District offices! You have to call (and call and call and call...) to get them to do it!

ridiculous

Suspect they want us to have our homeowner's insurance canceled so they can tack on theirs at an ungodly amount!

• De
    DestroyLitton Nov 26, 2010

They just bent me over and expect me to pay dbl. my payment for forcing escrow amt. onto me. They said taxes fell delinquent, but how is tha so when they weren't due until Sept. 1st. ? 2009 Taxes were made payable to the county by June 2010. They are complete idiots.. they will not reason and just keep sticking excuses to me when they know I caught them in a big white lie.

Beware

Long before I had to do business with them I had several of their customers telling me about their battles with this company. SunTrust recently sold my mortgage to them and I feel that I have been fed to the wolves. I was already having problems keeping up with my mortgage and as soon as I was transferred it went up another 400 dollars. I tried to speak about my payments going up too high and I was kindly informed that they could help me by letting it up go by 350 dollars. I am just devastated because I will have to quit my teaching job to keep my home.

• Da
    David Young Jul 24, 2008

This is two stories about my Litton loan nightmare.
    They both about the same loan please read both.
    I built my home during the boom in Hawaii and had to pay extra for everything. The loan was
    too little but I contiuned rather than abanbon the project. I intend to live out my life in this home. My credit got wrecked covering the cost over runs. I took a second before the 30 year note was signed to finish the house. That was paid off with the 30 year ARM took at 10% to start and it has gone up and up. Fremont sold the loan to Litton and they raised the rate. At $2, 700 a month I was struggling and fell behind. Litton would not work with me until I defaulted and then demanded $3, 700 a month for 24 months and then a 6k balloon. I have struggled even more. I borrowed form family to start a business that is just now getting on it's feet. I was late a couple months ago and called then to ask for a break. The excepted $1, 200 the month I bought the business and said to call back when I had another payment to change the payment date. I was late again the next month but sent $3550. I called the next day and was informed that they had turned me over to the attorney again and that if I wanted to save my house that I had to come up with another $3, 500. That was Tuesday the 15th. A week after they received the $3550.
    Second letter.
    I’m on the brink of foreclosure and I'm on a repayment plan were they charge the highest rates.
    I can't come up with a full payment so I call the mortgage company and ask if I may send a lesser amount right now and more ASAP. The agent of the company agreed to except less that 100% and said to call when I have another payment. So I sent the money via Western Union as was requested. And saved the documents. Then in a month I send another payment via the same method. I called the mortgage company and advised them I had sent the full payment in cash. But they responded with a demand for another payment right now. After 25 minutes on the phone it turns out that,
    1.The person who I spoke with did not have the authorization to permit such a payment. The agent I spoke with today said that they had in fact found the phone transcript but because I was on a repayment program I was required to pay 100% as per our contract. And so they would not except my payment. But there is more.
    2.They show no record of receiving that "less than full payment" I have the transaction document and gave then the tracking number. They still found no record of the payment. They referred me to Western Union. I called them and they do not keep track of transactions older that 30 days and I have now to wait for an investigation by them.
    Meanwhile the mortgage company claims to have mailed the latest payment back to my and started foreclosure. They are now demanding another cash sum of over 21k or the house goes to auction in 9 weeks. This breaks my back. Almost 5k is in limbo.

• Bu
    BUNI RODI Aug 23, 2009

WE HAVE HAD SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY - IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL IT. LETS DO SOMETHING. I AM READY TO PUT THIS COMPANY ON THE FACE OF THE NEWS - O'REILLY AND HANNITY. WERE YOU AWARE THEY ARE A SERVICING ARM OF GOLDMAN SACHS?

Scam and cheating

My problems and issues with Litton Loan servicing are more than than the space provided could ever allow...

They have ruined my credit

Litton Loan is the most devious company I have ever dealt with. In a repayment plan that we paid on time and paid off early they reported us as late to the credit boroughs every month. In a cleverly written line that we questioned at the beginning and were told would not affect us, they now claim it is their duty to report this inaccurate information that shows us being late seven months in a row. They will do anything including lying and deceiving their customers if it can profit them.

They have now ruined my credit, and no one their is honourable enough to care!

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jun 09, 2008

Anita Oct 31, 2008

I agree with everyone here! Our taxes went up and they increased our payment from 1200 to 1900. We could only talk them down to 1700, which is still outragious! They refuse to move from there and is threatening to put us into default. We have no clue how they calculated this high increase. They are predatory all the way!!!

• Sc
    Screw Litton Feb 02, 2009

We were recently affected by a hurricane and Litton Loan deferred our payment for that month and then out us on 6 month payment plan. We have never been late on any of our bills including our mortgage and have neevr been late on this payment plan. Even though our payment agreement we signed clearly states you will NOT be charged any late fees and will NOT be reported to the credit bureau as late they still report us late every single month during our payment plan. They have ruined my credit. Dropped my score over 200 points. I can not even refinance to get away from these ###. I sent them a letter with al my documentation for them to correct and they sent me one back saying it was error and they were sending letters to all bureau to correct. They corrected 3 of the 4 on my report (even though the letter stated they would correct all 4) and yet reported me late once again.

They've messed up my short sale

Litton Loan suggested I do a short sale. I tried. I came up with three, cash bidders about two months prior...

Litton Loans is a fraudulent company!

I had no idea my loan had even been sold to Litton Loans. For those who believe that Litton Loans only targets people with bad credit and/or low income, think again. Nothing cold be farther from the truth. I bought my home in Lake Havasu, Arizona. My home is appraised for $1,400,000.00. I purchased my home at 100% loan to value. No out of pocket expenses what-so-ever, because my credit and bank accounts could support a loan at 100%LTV. My mortgage company went bankrupt and sold out my loan to Litton Loans. My house was foreclosed on by Litton Loans, and I had no clue who they even were. I only owed Litton Loans $680,000.00, however to purchase my home back, I had to pay Litton Loans $900,000.00. Thats right, I had to pay $220,000.00 more than I owed on the house in order to buy it back. I have refused to vacate the property, therefore Litton Loans feels as though they can justify the additional $220,000.00 I was charged. And this was just a couple of days ago.

John Doe Aug 25, 2007

First off, just because you have good credit and a big account your still an idiot for getting a 100 loan. And why did you stop making your payments? Mortgage companies just dont pick people at random and try to take a house. All that extra money is probably the taxes/insurance you havent paid. Add legal fees and thats the extra you will pay. Just to let you know. The money Litton will lose on your house is taxable income.

• Te
    Terri Holley Sep 10, 2007

One other point know it all. The total Litton Loans claims is owed with all of the foreclosure fees, and attorneys fees is $742,500.00. If you take what they claim I owe and deduct it from what I had to pay, Litton Loans MADE a profit of $157,500.00 in an extremely SOFT MARKET. There was no insurance that I did not pay. There were no taxes I did not pay. Litton Loans did not lose a dime pal. I paid $157,500.00 over and above what I actually owed. How did Litton Loans lose anything?

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jan 31, 2008

That’s another reason why I created this company. I take your number out of their "system". When they mail you something, it goes to me. I take the burden away from you so you can live your life without the phone calls and the letters. And the rudeness!!! Oh, man, if I told you some of the stories I have heard....let's just say, it’s not pretty.

Very poor service!

The case below is the newest Mortgage Fraud that is perpetrated by a new animal called “ Mortgage Servicing Fraud” and along with their predatory attorneys reek havoc on disabled, elderly, hospital patients and now even ''DECEDENTS”. They will stoop to the lowest of the low to steal not only homes, but personal property inside the homes, too. The auction process is corrupt from start to finish. There are no monitoring or enforcement mechanisms in place. These criminals use courts, judges, attorneys and even some politicians to their commit fraud and corruption without any regard for the law of the land and forgo any human decency.

A (74) elderly veteran and longstanding homeowner was sold a sub prime mortgage loan with Washington Mutual Home Loan. On October 4, 2004 my cousin died, but was not in default at the time of his death. However, WAMU was fully aware of sometime right after his death, because the post office was returning his mail back to them, marked, "DECEASED RETURN TO SENDER", After which time WAMU still transferred/sold his loan was sold to Litton Loan Servicing, LP who initiated a fraudulent Foreclosure action March 7, 2005 on a known decedent. Instead, a Petition for Juridical Probate should have been filed with the Orphans Court in lieu of filing a illegal foreclosure on a decedent.

Attorney for WAMU filed a 'LOST NOTE AFFIDAVIT WITH THE COURT. IN ADDITION, ON APRIL 4, 2006, A JASON BOURDEAU SIGNED AN AMENDED DEED OF REMOVAL AND APPOINTMENT OF "SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE AS VICE PRESIDENT AND AUTHORIZING AGENT WITH U. S. BANK, NA. However, manager at corporate offices for U. S. Bank, .indicated they had no one by that name that worked for their company. It is believed that Jason Bourdeau was an employee of Litton Loan Servicing, LP in their Default Unit and purposely left off Litton to circumvent the law with the sole purpose to defraud the court.

Litton Loan Servicing, LP authorized victims home in Baltimore was illegally entered with forcible entry and whole contents of his household was removed without a court order, sheriff's office and his family's permission. 1st Baltimore Acquisition and Prosperity System broke into deceased cousin’s home, changed the locks and stole family belongings, i.e. furniture, housewares, antiques and silverware, computer, televisions, other personal affects, (i.e. insurance policy’s, bank books, other legal document records, money, and etc.) family memorabilia and etc., and other involved by gaining unauthorized access to decedents home without permission of family.

Debra Murray, a former Litton employee who also lost her home at the hands of Litton told decedents cousin and other Litton victims have all indicated BPO's and Field Inspectors are hired out by Litton to stake out and secure homes in foreclosure. These inspectors break locks to do inspections, removed contents of homes and make repairs. Cousin believes this is the case in her cousin’s breaking and entering of his home. Cousin also believes that purchasers are same Field Inspectors that brought into her cousin’s home are the same ones that purchase his home at the Auction Sale.

Purchasers has a business called 1st Baltimore Acquisition and Prosperity Systems run a scam artist real estate outfit are located in Baltimore, Maryland. Cousin has checked records with the Court of Deed and Records and has information indicating that purchasers have many other properties in their name that they acquired from Tax Sales . Victims home was fraudulent auctioned off, April 11, 2005 for a low-ball auction by sub trustee lawyers, “The Friedman Law Firm, attorneys for Litton has unclean hands and is believe to be in cahoots with Purchaser’s named above that bid on my cousins home at Auction sale defaulted on their loan settlement agreement contract for up to (5) months.

Victims next of kin filed her appointment of Personal Representative with foreclosure clerk's office and informed the court that victim was deceased. She also, asks for a MOTION TO VACATE FORECLOSURE, EMERGENCY INJUNCTION TO STAY AND HEARING. The court ignored and/or denied all of her court actions. The court also did not remand case to Probate court as required under ESTATE AND TRUST LAWS OF the state of Maryland. This should have been done in lieu of filing a foreclosure action, since WAMU, Litton, U S Bank, NA, as trustee, and sub trustees were all aware of victims death before filing foreclosure action. Alvin Friedman, attorney for Litton sent written correspondence to the hospital and Shock Trauma unit were victim was hospitalized and also later died.

Cousin of victim, as PR requested HUD COUNSELOR'S to ask Litton and its lawyer's to reinstate victims loan so she could recoup her family members home. Again, lawyer's ignored cousin's request and asked court for a resale that was granted on September 8, 2005. The lawyer has posted resale for October 14, 2005 in the Daily Journal. When cousin telephoned attorneys to verify Resale, she was told at the last minute, attorneys canceled Auction Resale without notifying her or the court. She was also told during telephone conversation that defaulted purchaser had came up with loan financing for victims home sometime in late September 2005 or early October 2005.

The auction purchasers multiple listed victims property with real estate outfit name Icon Realty located in Baltimore put home back on the market for a resale for twice the price, which is PROPERTY AND LOAN FLIPPING. Defaulted purchasers did not transfer DEED OF TRUST or title out of victims name UNTIL NOVEMBER 11, 2005. However, it was a deliberate and intentional act Litton, its lawyer's and with the aiding and abetting of the court kept cousin from intervening to save her victims home. Even though under the law as Personal Representative she had full rights under the law to take control of her family member's estate and protect his estate.

Finally, an attorney claiming to be an auditor whom the Baltimore Circuit Court clerk claimed they did not know, as well as the City Comptroller's Office was hired by The Friedman Law to handled the Accounting Report for the distribution of Auction Sale. The Accounting Report he compiled was flawed and fraudulent and did not include the theft of my relatives personal property.

So called Auditor overcharged late fees, interest, foreclosure/auction fees, and attorney fees which is illegal racked up over $17,000 illegal fees. I requested that he include in his report the theft of my relatives personal property. However, he became very agitated hanging the phone up on me. Since there is no monitoring by the court or any one else for that matter, he was aloud to get away with this.

After stealing the decedents home and all of his property inside. The poor deceased man didn't even received a decent burial. Instead of the hospital trying to locate his family, they use his body for research and then cremated him leaving his ashes at the Corner's Office with a bill rendered for their services.

The cousin said, she will never rest until she and her cousin get closure and also justice for what happen to him.

• Ju
    judith Tobias Jun 09, 2008

I agree with you fully. I too have a matter just a unscrupulous.
    We here in Pennsylvania must take action on our own. No federal, state or county office has agreed to assist. May God bless you in your aid to bring not only closure but to expose these culprits for who they are. Matt. 18:19 says when two or more agree we can ask anything in His name and He will come in the midst and (handle it) my words...

Judith

• Dw
    Dwana Washington Jul 29, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

I really would like Mr. Larry Litton to receive this information. Is it possible to submit this email to Mr. Litton?

My name is Dwana Washington, Acct #0040023640. New loan customer from Freemont Investment.

In March I had a tragedy that occurred that was totally out of my control. I was diagnosis with having an aneurysm on the left side of my brain. I was hospitalized and treated. Well over 5 months I was ill before and after the emergency procedure. During this time I lost my car and possibly losing my home. I called today trying to figure out what can I do to save my home. Friends informed me during their bad times the requested a modification. I called today regarding a modification and I was told my property value was 63, 000 and the limit was 58, 000 and I’m a couple of thousand dollars beyond the assistants in having a medication done. She assured me it was not based on my income but the home. Which is totally out of my control.

I’m a single mom with 3 kids and was able to provide a loving home for my family and me after my divorce. My family and I would really like to keep this home and I’m asking for a miracle at this time, please, is there anyway a modification can be done. The agent has all my information regarding a modification.

I’m sorry but this situation was totally out of my control. I’m just asking for you all too please work with me. This sort of tragedy can happy to any one of us which can change each one of our lives like it has done mine.

I pull the below information off the internet and hoping Mr. Larry B. Litton, Sr. can make a modification possible.

CORPORATE INFORMATION CENTER
    At Litton Loan Servicing LP, we are committed to high quality loan servicing and top-notch customer service. Current Founding Director Larry B. Litton, Sr., who is dedicated to serving the families of the Houston area and helping them maintain their dreams of homeownership, founded our company during the economic recession of the 1980s. Our company has grown considerably since then, and we now service customers throughout the United States. However, our dedication to Mr. Litton's vision and mission is as strong as ever.
    Our employees are the key to fulfilling our vision, and we are committed to their training and development. They are our most valuable resource.
    We invite you to use the menu on the left to discover more about Litton's history and philosophy, as well as find opportunities to join the unique corporate culture that defines Litton Loan Servicing LP.
    Copyright Litton Loan Servicing LP. © 2008. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
    Sitemap

• Cm
    Cmarissa Apr 19, 2010

I think for what I have seen with Litton loan, the times i have delt with them on the phone or via email, they are the must RUDE people of all, no matter if u pay your bills on time every month with my mortgage, still i constanly call them because every 2 month they ask for proof of my flood insurance and there i go and provide this information to them, and when i called them tol ower my interest becaue i do pay my bill ontime, but my mortgage is too high the interest they say plain NO, no wonder are so many peopke that are walking away from there homes, and letting them go of foreclosure is bercaue they don't give a damm about helping p eople at all...shame on Mr Litton and shame on our president.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices