Litton Loan Servicing Logo

Litton Loan Servicing

Having problems with Litton Loan Servicing?

Complaints & Reviews

They keep ignoring me

I just want the lowest percentage rate possible for my mortgage. Litton won't respond to me. They are in my opinion, avoiding me. I have a second loan that has been lowered 3 months ago. I've filled out TWO hardship letters and still no response. I've been layed off of work for 6 months and my finances have been depleted significantly. I don't understand why I cant get it lowered. There are like a hundred programs and modifications out there now and I cant believe I dont qualify for at least one of them. I have my house on a quick sale and I cant believe that they would chance selling it in these times and risk losing money as opposed to lowering my rate and never hearing a complaint from me again while I would continue making my payments. I AM VERY DISPLEASED AND WISH I HAD ANOTHER MORTGAGE COMPANY LIKE HSBC or something.

Fraud

I send all of the paperwork in and sometimes more then twice OR MORE. On May the 17th 2010. I was asked to decide if I wanted to stay with the Custom Plan Modification or go with the Hamp Modification Plan. I asked them what the Hamp Plan was. It was stated to me I would have to start over.

I stated to litton I could not go through this again. The stress for a $1000.00 dollars a years was not what I wanted to do. He stated I needed to send it in.

I asked for the fax number. I faxed it in on May the 17th, not knowing he was going to be off and would not return my call in 24 hours in which he asking services stated. Check my phone and cell records I called.

I am the mother of two boys one getting ready to be 14 and the other 8 with hearing loss. I know who he work for, but is Litton just that mean and money means more then the people they stated they wanted to help. Well, if that is the case, after the president put the money out there for them to use for the homeowners loan modification, then they are committing Freud and need to go to jail.

• Ge
    Genesis Housing Services Jul 09, 2010

You need to get help from a HUD approved non-profit counseling agency in you area to navigate through the landmines that you are facing. The help is free to you. The are many scams and for-profit companies claiming they can save your home. There is free help available for you. Go to www.hud.gov - look for housing counselors and find the map of the US and pick your state, you will see all the agencies you can go to.

• Pi
    PissedoffinMT May 31, 2011

With the economy the way it is, my income was cut in half and I fell behind on my mortgage and asked Litton Loan Servicing for a loan modification. After months of mailing back and forth documentation, they keep repeatedly asking for the same informatio that I have sent in several times such as bank statements and Federal Tax information. I know for a fact with my income and circumstances there is no reason for me not to qualify for the loan but the just drag it on and keep asking for the same information over and over instead of helping me or anyone else out. It amazes me that no one is willing to do something about this company who obviously are a bunch of crooks who only want to foreclose on peoples homes and not help them out. I wish the governement would do something about them so people who can really use the help dont lose their homes.

Bad service

To any and all people who have had the displeasure of working with Litton Loan.We as consumers need to file a class action suit against Litton Loan

Service. Contact Washington. There was an article written by the LA Times from someone in Washington that you could call to get a Lender possibly investigated. I am going to investigate and than I will post the number if I am able to get. All of our stories are somewhat the same and the bottom line is litton does not try to save the homeowner. They would rather take the home and leave it empty than work with the borrower.

• Ia
    IaK89 Nov 24, 2009

Litton loans approved a loan modification for us. Mailed us the paperwork, we paid them 2 weeks early. Then 5 days later they wrote us a letter saying that their investors changed their mind. They said our house was worth too much. It is over 100, 000 in the red right now. They give different reasons. We hired an attorney, had no choice. Breach of contract and fraud. Please file a complaint with the TX atty general's office. Last time I checked they had over 1200 complaints. Also contact your congressman and President Obama. They are scam artists. We found out my husband has cancer, has to have surgery, and they are going to sell the house from right underneath us; after taking our payments on the load modification that they originally gave us.

• So
    soon to be homeless Dec 02, 2009

Litton Loan is owned by Goldman Sachs, one of the most powerful finacial institutions in the world. We made our
    pre-trail modification payments and they still auctioned our house with no prior warning. We need some large organization to file a class action suit! Also Litton Loan was given 1.1 billion in TARP funds.
    I now have to leave my home of 23 years in two weeks!

Ms. Dion Dec 05, 2009

WE DEFINITELY DO NEED TO ORGANIZE.

• Ho
    Hopeycc Dec 07, 2009

I would like to be a part of the class action lawsuit. I have lost my home due to this malice practice. As well, I am soon to be homeless.

• Qu
    Question Dec 10, 2009

I have not lost my home, but I received papers that the home, as stated, could or already have gone into foreclosure if the payment over 6, 000 was not paid in 45 days. I was in modification starting July of 2009. I paid my 3 trial payments before the required date, and waited to receive the final fixed payment information. It was not received. I made several attempts to get someone to talk to me that knew about what the outcome would be. I found that some of the representatives did not concur with one another. I finally received a new Layout Plan which had no explanation as to why the first plan was not accepted. I hurriedly called back and spoke to a unconcerned gentleman that related the fact that my new payment was based on the information received about my income. I told him that the income amount sent in was not the amount he quoted. He told me to pay the payments or go back to my regular payments which had now increased to over 1600.00 a month. I tried to explain the reason for my call and shared that a mistake had been made to please review the income to see that the total amount they had was incorrect. It was not done.
    I finally talked to a supervisor that listened to my complaint after looking over my income, assisted me in telling me what I needed to do in order to get this mistake corrected. He sent my papers back through to the line of modifiers. I received a letter on October 7th indicating that my first Layout Plan amount filed in June of 09 was executed. It was signed by Litton Loan Servicing, myself, and the Assistant Director.
    I was so happy I tried emailing them online thanking them for accepting the lower amount shown to find out that this payment was not in the system. Two days later, no updates were made. I received a telephone call from the person who said she made a mistake, advising me that an update on this account was not going to be made because of this Letter of Execution was never suppose to have been sent to me.
    Instead of honoring the amount agreed upon because of this mistake, Litton continued to enforce the second Layout Plan which was over the amount that I could afford, and had not been agreed upon or signed by me. I continued to send in the agreed upon amount until December. I received two letters by mail and 1 certified letter telling me that the second Layout Plan's agreed upon amount was not satisfied and that in order to bring the account up to date I needed to pay over $6, 000 in 45 days.
    I continued to call back and spoke with a person who seemed dear. I am waiting on the outcome of that. I cannot pay 6, 000. I'm joining this group as a 2nd alternative just in case this new Layout Plan submitted is too high for me, and my home results in foreclosure.
    In this case, I am believing for a miracle.

• Fl
    Florida Home Owner Feb 22, 2010

I too have had a problem with Litton and not honoring the modified contract. I have hired an attorney and we are scheduled for court on March 1, 2010. I have filed suite against them. I will let you know the outcome.

• Pa
    pamelajo63 Mar 11, 2010

I am having to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy in order to stop Litton Load from foreclosing on my home. They have misled and overcharged me for years, and approved my trial modification only to SEND my payments BACK that were on time, lost a few, and then threatened my home again. I have much to defend against this company. I am Very interested in how your court ase went, and please let me know if and how a class-action or other local suits can be made.

This company has taken a toll on my family, kids, work, my health, and my peace of mind. I want the to understand what they are doing will not be tolerated. Thank you very much -

Rosn1726 Oct 30, 2010

I'm with you, get back with the information or lets try to pull something together! This is unfair and needs to stop.

Liars

These loan modifications take longer than the 3 month trial period a lot of times because there are just too many to handle! I don’t know anything about collections or the way they handle the payments but I know our department is working hard to get these mods complete!"

Litton Loan Employee #2:"Also, a lot of these bad ratings are unfounded. For instance, the BBB claims that there are all these unanswered, unresolved complaints. This is just not true, because when I worked there, I was the one who answered EVERY SINGLE BBB COMPLAINT LETTER. And my numbers were fantastic... used to work for Litton, and it is a good company, run by good, honest, hardworking people. I used to read complaint letters from mortgagors all the time, and 99% of the time, their complaints were unfounded...If you signed up for an interest-only loan or an ARM loan, and your payments go up, it’s YOUR OWN FAULT...This is all bullcrap. Litton is one of the highest rated loan servicing companies in the country. Every late charge, inspection fee, interest rate increase, etc. that people are charged is WRITTEN IN THE ORIGINAL LOAN DOCUMENTS. Most people are just too stupid to read their loan note."

American people, Litton says you’re not only stupid, you are all lying and they are better than you! You heard it right here!

Tell me, Litton employees posting here, do they also instruct you to

intentionally manufacture defaults so you can foreclose on homes? Is that also part of your training? Do you write in a clause that gives you power to fabricate defaults so you can initiate foreclosure proceedings? Funny, I don't see that in my loan docs.

I was NOT behind on my payments when I called to make a payment, which is only a few hundred dollars a month and you told me I needed SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS to make my loan current, and WOULD NOT TELL ME WHAT MADE UP THAT AMOUNT! And that was just your latest stunt.

I HAVE A RIGHT TO ANY AND ALL INFORMATION REGARDING MY ACCOUNT!!

After I got an attorney involved, suddenly that supposed several thousand turned into a few hundred, wow, funny how that works, eh? And I am one of THOUSANDS you jack with daily, but unlucky for you, I have the resources to fight!!!

So don’t you come on here telling us what saints you all are and how hard and honestly you work. Your company is corrupt and criminal beyond belief. We are on to you.

How many people have you needlessly foreclosed on because they did not have the resources, knowledge, or energy to fight you?

How many people do you screw with on a monthly basis, adding unnecessary fees to their accounts who don’t have the tools to put a stop to your games?

Oh, and I am not stopping with just the attorney. No way. If I have to take it to the streets and the press, I will. You are not just screwing with my home – as well as thousands of others’ homes – YOU ARE SCREWING WITH MY LIFE, AND I WILL NOT PUT UP WITH IT!!!

Litton employees responsible for such antics, I hope you all end up right next to Madoff.

I know you aren’t all like that – such as the woman who dared speak out about how the company was treating borrowers and was promptly fired. I

wonder where she is now? But to those who are….the clock is ticking on you. Your time is running out.

I am so going to enjoy watching you twist in the wind before you finally get your come-uppance. It’s about time to pay the piper.

Rosn1726 Oct 30, 2010

I am having the same problem with Litton, I ws up to date on my payments but thanks to the HAMP loan modification "trial period payments" I am now $7000 behind on my mortgage payment. I received a letter stating my payments had been reduced and if I kept up with the trial period payments (which I did) then my payment would stay this low. I called every week to make sure things were on point and they had all needed paperwork. Next thing you know I get a letter saying I was denied for lack of paperwork and my loan payment was going back up. As if that wasn't bad enough, they then told me I had to pay back the difference between the "trial period payments" and my contractual payments for the entire time I was on the trial! So now I'm in worse shape than I was to begin with. Thanks Obama, Thanks Litton!

• Ih
    ihatelitton Dec 28, 2010

yes, thanks stupid ### obama and stupid ### employees at litton

Modificacion de Prestamo

05/26/2010, 05/31/10, 06/03/10 LITTON LOAN SERVICING LP Attention: Loss Mitigation Department 4828 LOOP...

loan modification program

Litton Loan modification program is a scam. Not sure how to prove it but maybe someone out there can.

First of all, I am making my payments, but my income was cut in Half late 2008. When Obama's plan came out for those of us who are making our payments, I applied...sometime in April of 2009. I wrote a hardship letter telling them I am making payments out of savings and explaining why I am applying.

Litton said they had a better program and did not want to use the government one...First Red Flag

They put us on a trial modification saving about $300 a month. Not much, but something. Every month they asked for paperwork. The same paperwork I already gave them. Every week I get a phone call saying I am late. I call and they say, no you are not late. This goes on for a YEAR! These past few months, they asked for bank statements, updated income statements, etc...same stuff. Not even new dates...just the same stu[censored]

Every week for the past several months, I get a call, asking for more paperwork...then another saying I am late. I call them, every week and they say verbally, that they have everything and I am not late.

The I get a call explaining that I have been denied because I have enough in savings to make two payments, but they will consider me on another program...many calls later...in which NO ONE knows what they are doing and I get conflicting information every call, they say I am denied...an get this...

I owe the difference in what I would have paid betwen the trial modication and the original loan...for the entire year. And get this...you are two months behind maybe you should short sell your house!!!

Sounds crazy, but I am not kidding. I have a friend who I mentioned this to. Later we found out he is also on litton and applied about the same time I did. He gave me the EXACT scenario...but he now owes $9000 - instantly...remember he too was current one day and owed this the next day. They are threatening to foreclose, Although he did rything they asked.

Is there something wrong here?

Any lawyers out there?

• Tr
    Tried of Fighting Litton May 04, 2010

This is the exact same thing that has happened to me and my husband. It was as if I could have written the complaint myself. It took me awhile to catch on to this litton scam. After a few months of this dance I started recording all telephone conversation with Litton. I have them saying over and over again what they needed. I would then call and confirm they have the docs. Then they would request for the same docs over and over. After months of this I told them I was not sending anymore docs and to do what they are going to do. I told Litton to go ahead and foreclose I would see them in court. I will also file bankruptcy now because the fees and other crap they have added are so large I will never get caught up. I also filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office. I found out that Litton already has over 90 complaints for the same crap with other people. Litton sent a letter stating that they are going to do everything they can to work with us. Well no phone calls or correspondence has occurred. Litton is looking to foreclose. I think they want to sell the property to get the cash from the sale. I understand that Litton received millions in bail out money and now they can have the money from foreclosing too. IS ANYBODY READING THIS THAT CAN DO SOMETHING? AN HONEST LAWYER, A REPRESENTATIVE? If I had the money, I would fight them. As it is now I will sit here as long as possible and gather all the money I can and move. I am done being a homeowner. I am looking forward to renting.

• Li
    lisa39oh May 04, 2010

my husband and i are going through exactly the same thing with litton. we were never late on any payments then tried their loan modification for almost a year with all the same runarounds.. now we are denied and they say we owe the 5000 $ difference.. we to are considering bankruptcy.. this is terrible, i dont know how this can be legal .. is there anyone out there who has advice or who can help us

• Cu
    cudame May 15, 2010

I agree with you 100%. We have been going through the exact same thing. Now just yesterday we received a letter in the mail saying that we were denide the loan modification that we were supposedly approved for nearly a year ago, and now they want us to do a short sale or pay nearly $8, 000 immediatly. Also our mortgage payment jumped about $600 to $1, 400 and is comming up again soon. This is total B.S. and they should not get away with it.

Anonymous20109 Jun 10, 2010

Everyone SCAMMED by the LITTON LOAN EMPIRE go to the following and submit your story.Your story will be posted and read by government officials.

www.shamethebanks.org

and

Denise Richardson`s

www.givemebackmycredit.com

• He
    HELP!!!! Aug 27, 2010

Ha, i've been helping my parents with the loan mod, im 18 and i figured something was wrong.
    since our loan mod was denied after 5 trial payments, we decided to put the ouse up for shrt sale. Guess what?
    We owe 240K to litton and about 20K to another mrtg co. We put up the house for 220K and the realtor said 200K would be quicker and sell faster. However, LITTON sent an inspector to look at the home and sent our realtor and email ADVISING to lower the price on our home to 165K. Is that fraud? My mom thinks they have an investor interested in buying our home and they have some deal.

Right now we ahve no idea what will happen, if w get to keep the house, GREAT! If not, were okay with that too, but we feel like there is a scam going on here, can anyone help?

refusing loan modification,prefers forecosure

applied for loan modification one year ago, they kept asking for pay stubs which sometimes i sent three times before they accept to receive it.finally i was decline for loan mod. for loan amount above the government limit and my property scheduled to be sold on may 6, 2010.i was also decline for repayment plan.pls help.they are about to kick me out on the street after i paid 20% down to purchase this property and was given an adjustable rate.
litton loan supervisors, Donna Jeandritza, and Wanita Gonzalez has said nothing more need to be done than to foreclose on me. loan #[protected]

• Butterflies Apr 22, 2010

Alot of people are in the same situation as you are right now. You are not alone. One way to stop foreclosure for a while is to declare bankruptcy. Now this will truely mess up ur credit, but so will a foreclosure. I'm not an attorney (nor lawyer) but it's one way to stay in the home for a couple of months or longer depending on the type of bankruptcy you file.

Another thing you could do is ask your bank about the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative Program (this new program was introducted on 04/05/10). Where you can try to short sell your home, while staying in the home, and after 90days or so do a Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure. You will still have to leave the home but your credit may not take as bad of a hit as a foreclosure would. (Even tho I know you want to stay in the home, sometimes cutting your losses by saving ur credit score will help, especially if you have to rent an apartment or house later).

I have turned to the website www.shamethebanks.org for alot of info and help. Their are many stories there of people, in your same situation.

Unfortunately the banks/investors that hold ur mortgage, don't have to give you a modification just because you want it and the government is tyring to help.

I wish you the best of luck... Hope some of this information is of use.

• Bo
    Boxermama Sep 24, 2010

We had a mortage loan with litton and we tried to do a modification as well with them. They never called us back and they forclosed on us January 2, 2006. We kept calling them and documenting who we spoke with and the times but everytime we just got the brush off like we were nothing. Now we can't even get a mortage because of the forclosure. It could have been stopped but what do you do if they don't call you back and you do all the steps that they ask you to do. All the monies that we put into that house which was our first house that we saved 18 years for is all gone.

5 month run around

It should be against the law for a mortgage debt collection company to be able to stall homeowners as this company does. We have submitted paperwork twice, called lines that no one answers, recieved phone calls at 8am on a Saturdays sating they tried to reach us earlier that day... ??? We've been sent to extensions and put on hold for half an hour. Been asked for information by one person in one hour...and called again the same day, and asked for it again. The script is obvious. Keep people in the circle of the same thing. Exactly what are they doing? What is the game? We are reporting them to our state banking commission and hopefully, they will at least give us a fast answer when the attourny that has their license to do buisness in her hands, asks for answers and gives them a time frame. The home is worth more to us than the bank, believe me...but it is our home for 6 people and we have worked hard to keep it after a layoff. Now re employed, we simply want answers. One answer...not different answers based on who we talk to. We have received letters that contradict each other and 5 months worth of different info from different people. Can someone please explain what is going on, becaseu this is horrendous.

• Li
    lisa39oh May 04, 2010

we were working with litton for almost a year on the loan modification program.. they just denied us and now want the difference of $ 4500 in 45 days or they will foreclose.. i am terrified. litton will continue to give you the run around until its to late and then will take your home.. we were never late on even one payment, just tried to get our payments lowered due to financial stress now we face losing our home.. is there anyone who can help all of us

Rosn1726 Oct 30, 2010

I'm having the same difficulty. They say they have all necessary paperwork; then I get a letter stating there's paperwork missing. I've been going through it for almost 2 years now. I had been on the trial period payment plan and everything. Because of it I am now behind $7000. They reduced my payment then said I was denied and owed the difference for the 7 months I was lowered. Crooks, scammers...I think there's more incentive for them if they have foreclosures, rather than good standing loans. Thanks Obama, Thanks Litton!

What a Scam Company

Where to start. This company is just evil. They do everything they can to weasel a buck and provide no...

modification

i have been in a modification for months with this lender. i believe they are dragging this out for the most amount of money the can tack on to my principal. the loose my paperwork constantly making us fax over and over. you can't talk to anyone who actually is making decisions about your account or even the same person for that matter. all you get is the standard business response. this is what really gets me: if you do not have 9 months of unemployment from the start of your modification they will not consider it income, do you think the IRS is going to give me a pass on my taxes, hell no. it is income period!!! i had to pay over $3000 in income tax, because why? it is income you idiots!!! this is ridiculous, and they are messing with my families future... why do people care more about money than human life today??? big companies with the help of our greedy government officials are the ones who did this to our economy, why are they not being held responsible instead of getting money from the government. i stand to loose my home and many people already have, this is ###. these greedy ### need to pay!!! can you say revolution!!! we are the majority and need to stand together to fight the rich thieves of the world!!!

• Bs
    BSams Jun 01, 2010

We've been fighting Litton since September, 2008. I too am convinced they have ZERO intention of working out a modification. Instead, they are using stall tactics -- attrition even -- to keep the arrearages piling up to the point where no sane homeowner would cough up the ridiculous figure to save a house that won't be worth what they'll have in it.

There is no reasoning with Litton, and I've come to the conclusion that the only ay they've stayed in business for 22 years is by screwing homeowners who may or may not have hit that proverbial "bump in the road".

After doing a bit of digging we are convinced they have a "double-dipping scam" where the same people who run/own Litton also run/own the company that insures their mortgage notes. In effect, Litton pays premiums to themselves to cover mortgages they own, and as soon as they go into default they "go for the kill" because they know they are covered. and stand to recoup more $$ than they would by selling the property at auction for a loss.

All I know is that there is an especially hot corner of Hell waiting on Litton's executives, their employess, and the people of any outside entity that chooses to work for them and/or do their bidding!

• Th
    the good american Oct 26, 2010

The loan modification program is a farse no matter what bank you applied with. No bank is easily implementing them odification program as it is derived from the leftist Big Government machine that never has full intention to provide what they say...they know this but they also know that you are too dumb to see the truth so if they speak about programs that will give you a free ride you will vote for them. Unfortunately for you, you believe in free rides and there is no such thing. Next timeplease do not vote because your vote just cancels mine.

The modification program was created by Obama and simply does not work. If anything, it is too slow and has allowed many people to become dillusional waiting for their savior to come in and give them a free ride. When that free ride didn't come and the bank got tired of paying for your living you became dissipointed didn't you? This whole time you thought you were getting a free ride and Obama will save you. You are a fool! I have no concern for you and the atta'boy rubber stamp that finally kicked or will kick your butt out of the house. Remember, the house was never yours to begin with because you purchased it with someone elses money. Maybe you cannot see that clearly to understand what I am saying so go find a hut that is free or a low rent deal somewhere and suck it up. The only event here is that the inevitible has come to you and even your savior Obama cannot save you - you freeloader!

Foreclosure

We received a foreclosure notice in the mail from an attorney for Litton Loan. It stated we had defaulted on our loan. It did not make sense. We paid monthly to this company on their website. We had an arrangement to pay a certain amount because they paid our taxes in which I did not want them to. So we were repaying this back. Yes, we were a couple of days late but we still paid it. They informed us that we were 120 days delinquent and I could not figure that out. They also did not do a good job explaining this to us. Pull bank accounts to see when money was sent to them and compare to the Transaction History. We did not miss a month, we are guilty of a one or two days late posting but I just can't see them sending us to foreclosure. Now we have their fees, attorney fees and for what???? It is such a rip off during this time of the economy. No one knows what the other departments are doing. It is so frustrating. We made arrangements again and made a large downpayment and we can only pay this bill one way. Shouldn't any payments have at least one grace period. No, we should have made sure it posted on time, however, we did pay this company. We are so confused right now and they aren't any help. Is there anyone we can talk to about this problem. Noone should have to put up with being blindsided by the fine print.

• Ho
    hoocha1206 Mar 08, 2010

I have Litton Loans as the provided for my 1st mortgage and I have not been more than 30 days late since obtain this loan with the company through a refinance back in 2005. Now my problem is I pay the mortgage late (before the 30 days) with their $42.00 late fee attached because I live paycheck to paycheck and have to budget my finances. Now I've explained this to Litton numerous times and they still continued to harrass me with 15-20 calls a day. It has gotten to the point that I don't even answer the phone anymore. Is there no solution to this harrassment? I've contacted them to help with a loan modification and they advised me that there was nothing they could do for me. Well, too bad Litton Loans, you get your mortgage payment when I get paid.

Now, my second mortgage was with Wilshire but that has just been sold to another company for pennies on the dollar. Now that's another company I have to agrue with to get some type of resolution.

what a nightmare

My loan wouldn't of went into foreclosure if if my voice mails were responded to. I called several times to make my loan current and got the run around. Finally got the payment in with all the legal fees added then 2 days later finally got letters from the attorney on regards to the foreclosure..seems like the voice mail system they have just sets you up for failure I haven't received a call back yet from Ms. Lester after 6 voice mail attempts. I wonder if Ms. Lester is even a employee or just to buy time. And how about that Modification form I sent back 6 months prior I requested help and now my Income tax that i received to help raise my family this year litton loan has taken from me I only owed 2000.00 they wanted 5300.? They modified me for disaster thanks litton loan.

• Go
    Going "BANANAS" Feb 14, 2010

Here are so phone numbers that I have found very use full, President Larry Litton Phone # 713-966-8800

Vice President of the financial resolution dept. Chris Wyatt # 713-561-8281 and Supervisor Shawn Wilson

# 713-218-4842.

Fraud Mortgage company

February 2009 was giving me a loan modification, lowering my interest rates (which they did). Went from 10.8% to 4.8% which dropped my mortgage payment from 1422 per month to $888 per month. The modicfication was to bring me current on my escrow which would have been fine and would have been affordable, but meanwhile when I got my modification back they did not pay my taxes and during the modification I had $21, 000 in my lost draft fund (from hurricane Ike damage) this money was for the damages of my house. During the modifications I was supposed to get the $21, 000 in order to fix my house, Litton Loan Service pulled out $8400 and applied it to the rearages. The rearages were supposed to be added to the modification. After everything my payment doubled to $1600 per month to cover payment of my escrow that they did not pay. Then Litton Loan Service purchased insurance on top of all this, now I am behind in my escrow by $11, 000, and have been trying to contact Litton and ask for another modification and they turned me down. And then...I still at this point have almost $7000 left in my lost draft fund, I have faxed over many times in writing to roll the funds over to bring me current so that I can keep my house. Now I am being told they cannot do it because my repairs have to be at 90%. but they took my money without my knowledge initially and didn't even ask me, this was because it was convient for them at the time they did it, now they won't help me??? Now I am in foreclosure again. Obama said we were getting help and it seems like no one cares aobut the working class people, the ones who work and stuggle, living paycheck by paycheck. We the people need to stand up for ourselves, and find a law firm who will take action against this fraudulent company. Sincerely yours- Stressed Family

Addendum to Contract of Sale Scam

My boyfriend and I recently tried to buy the home located at 1123 Nicodemus RD, New Windsor, MD 21776. Originally, we had put an offer in on the home earlier in 2009 and lost the bid to another couple. This month the house came back on the market. The MD REO realtor said the couple made improvements to the home that were required by FHA and even purchased a new stove, but the couple broke up and didn't buy the home.

After seeing the Litton Loan Servicing (LLS) Addendum to Contract of Sale we have our doubts about the reasons the previous couple decided not to buy the home.

The LLS addendum supersedes the MD Residential Contract of Sale, resulting in forfeiture of many of the rights buyers have under the MD contract. We had many concerns about the contract, but our primary concern involved the home inspection, signing the contract would waive our right to get out of the contract based on the results of the home inspection. Of course we did not sign the LLS Addendum as is and we sent the MD REO agent our revisions on the LLS Addendum and our offer was then rejected.

There are many parts to this story that I have left out. I am posting this because I want people to be cautious when dealing with any parties involved in this complaint.

• Ty
    TygarMcCutcheon Jun 11, 2010

My husband and I are trying to purchase REO property from Litton Loan Servicing. We have submitted several offers (the most recent EXACTLY what they are listing the house for) and have yet to get a response. We just submitted the last one 2 days ago. I am glad that you at least got to see some type of a response. So far we haven't gotten anything but Rejected offers.

We are adding a due diligence period so that we may have the home inspected. Perhaps thats why they keep rejecting our offers?? That is very interesting.

• We
    wendyann Jul 02, 2010

We have a loan with Litton right now, and we want to see about getting a bigger house and we know we wont get much for ours right now, so we approached litton asked them to see if we could do like a "house swap" i am not sure the exact terminology used, however to see if they would take ours and we get another one from their REO list... i have called them, and i am still waiting for them to call me back... i do wonder if they will help us?

Bad experience

Since Feb 2009 we have been haggling with Litton loan modification dept, they have accepted and denied me so many times, I've lost track. We live in WA. State and this kind of criminal activity should not be tolerated. I am forwarding all this information I've printed about this company to my attorney general of the State of Washington and my beloved President for their review.This company must stop raping the American public and stealing their property. Dealing with a debt collector who only wants our property has been a hellish experience.

• Ba
    B A Penn Jan 25, 2010

Your not alone, I live in Dolton, Illinois and Litton Loan company has been doing the same to me as well. I am in the middle of trying to get my loan modificated and they are giving me the run around as well. Litton is making me pay their attorney to do the loan modification and etc., is this fair to do, isnt a company like this suppose to have their own people anyway to assist and not charge you? I hate this company and I am going to get out of this. My friend has this loan company as well and her monthly payments have reached $2, 000 and they can not afford it. Does anyone have any suggestions...

Dolton Illinois

• Do
    don ta Nov 04, 2010

i am in the same situation with this so called company. im approved then not. did a modification with them in 2009 was making the payments. they stopped taking the payment in oct 2009 saying it was the wrong amount???? but it was the right amount. now trying to get back on track doing a another modification but turned down!!! they just stopped taking payments. so i know how people feel about litton. i been in my home 23 years---but with them 2009 to present. never had a problem with previous lender they sold it to litton sincerly [email protected]

• 87
    87k Jun 28, 2011

In 08 before getting divorced I inquired of a loan modification with litton, they dragged their feet for a year:. I decided to leave my ex and pursue a deed in lieu of, litton ignored that request;. August 2009 After moving out of my house, the loan and home being in my sole name due to my ex's credit issues, litton allowed my ex to modify the mortgage with his signature, notorize them with his signature, all without my signature or approval AND without him having access to or being authorized on my loan|. After the fact litton put the new lien amount on my credit and name, any my ex is free and clear of the loan". Since then my ex stopped making payments and the irs a year later put a lien on the property for taxes|. Now I can't even short sale the home all because litton frauduantly allowed my ex to modify the mortgage/. I have all proof and docs, yes this is true I can prove it:. Contacted attorneys in the beginning but they literally laughed at me and asked me what my problem was because my ex got it modified and I should be happy... Well this is why I was upset, it was a game to him, he didn't want the house nor could he afford or qualify for it. Sooooo, here i am with litton fighting, refusing to deal with the mess they created that could have been avoided 2 years ago if they did the deed in lieu of like I requested. This is a mess and now I am more screwed than ever before. Not only have I lost my house, I cannot pay my bills because of what my ex was able to do to me and it just is a snowball effect. This is not right! Now this offer we have in will not go through and I will still be stuck with all the debt and this *** house on my credit and they are still going to come after me for a loan I never signed for..

Modification

After 13 months of dealing with this "modification", I am still trying to "close". In the meantime, every...

Big scam

It all started in july when me and my family come across a little finacial strain.I contacted litton...

Loan Modification Fraud

I completed everything required on my loan modification trail period of three months. Paid on time, submitted all the required documents and was still denied. First excuse given is that I did not live on the property..I had sent a utility bill and all the communications have been coming to this property, I had not lived anyway else not even vacationed for the last four years. Second reason given last week when the second resubmit was denied was due to the value of my home having dropped. I could not believe, I did not ask them to lower the loan amount just keep the modification arrangement I was on during the try period. I cannot believe this..

• Dm
    dmena Nov 10, 2009

I have been trying to modify my loan since November 2008, when I first called them to find out if I would qualify for a loan modification; they told me that they need it to collect all my income information and expenses over the phone. After giving them all my information I was told that I would qualify for it, and all I needed to do was submit all the necessary paper work, I was also told at that point to continue making payments on my mortgage on time in order to qualify for it, well I kept on paying my loan on time even though I was having a hard time meeting other responsibilities; February came I still didn’t have any answers about my loan modification, so I decided to call them after so many month of follow up with them, I was told by one representative that according to their records I was on time so they did not believed I was having a hardship; at this point I though "well are they crazy or what?! So I though they were forcing me to go on default in order to qualify for it... So I did, for 6 month. Eventually they put my house into foreclosure, so I decided to work with one of the government agencies call NACA. Then they decided to start working with me again, they send me the work out plan paper work with the tree month trial period, I agreed with their proposal send every piece of information they requested at the time, and I start making payments soon after for tree months in a row on time. At the end of October I received a letter from them asking me for the same information they asked before the trial period started (meaning that they wanted me to start the process over again), I decided to wait until the end of October thinking they have made a mistake, but rather I received another letter stating that I did not qualify for the work out plan because I failed to meet the trial period payments, at this point I called them, and this was their excuses: " Well the first 2 payments you made via quick collect were send back to Western Union because you did not provide all the necessary information, and the third payment we decided to keep to cover our company's legal fees, but if you want you can applied again for a reconsideration" I was fuming just to hear all the nonsense’s excuses so I said "fine it seems that your company want to keep me in the loop, I would contact Western Union to make sure they have my monies" The lady I was talking to was very rude, unprofessional and very disrespectful to me so she reply: " We will put your house into foreclosure again".

All this trouble I have been thru with this company is fine and all, but here is the real problem " After calling Western Union, and being on the phone for more than 45 min with them they told me that all the moneys were paid to Litton loan servicing, and there is not monies to be reimbursed back to me" So know it's clear in my mind that this loan company is a SCAM, and a PREDATORY LENDING INSTITUTION. So for those home owners that have Litton loan servicing I am encouraging them get together and fight for our rights.

• So
    soon to be homeless Dec 02, 2009

I now have to leave my home of 23 years in two weeks!

Ms. Dion Dec 05, 2009

OUTRAGEOUS!
    ILLEGAL!
    UNETHICAL!

DO SOMETHING CONGRESS AND LEGISLATORS!!! STOP THESE THIEVES IN LOAN SERVICING WHITE COLLARS, FROM CONTRIBUTING TO THE SCOURGE OF FORECLOSURES, UNDER THE GUISE OF HELP, ALL THE WHILE GETTING THEIR PALMS GREASED FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Ms. Dion Dec 18, 2009

Litton SIGNED an AGREEMENT WITH THE US TREASURY.

COMPLAIN TO THEM, TO HUD, Making Home Affordable, AND TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN YOUR STATE AND HARRIS COUNTY TX, WHERE LITTON DISSERVICES AMERICA AND GETS AWAY WITH IT.

I fared a little better than you, since I did end up with "a modification" IT IS ONE THAT VIOLATES ALL SORTS OF CONDITIONS THAT LITTON IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOLLOWING.
    I CAN"T GET STRAIGHT ANSWERS FROM THEM, what else is new?
    THEY SCREW OVER EVERY ACCOUNT THEY HOLD AND SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO IN THERE AND AUDIT THEIR BEHINDS BIG TIME!

• Na
    NACAAnswers5 Feb 05, 2010

Hello,

NACA is here to help resolve any issue that you are having. We apologize for the inconvenience of every matter that may or may not have taken place. Please feel free to email me or any of the other NACAAnswers correspondents on the forums. Email us your name and ID so that we can handle your file directly and answer and question that you may have.

• We
    WeHelpHomowners Feb 07, 2010

Forget HUD or Treasury or the Banking Committee... our Governement is in collussion with the banks. The Federal loan mod programs are designed to prop up the banks and help them avoid losses. not save your home. You were denied because you did not pass the Net Present Value calculation that is part of the Home Affordability (MHA) program. They took your home because they figure it is better to take a smaller loss now, then a bigger one later if you decide to walk away because you are in an upside down mortgage. Litton is the worst bank in the U.S to deal with. Complain to Goldman Sachs who owns them...they are taking billions in bonuses becasue they are getting free taxpayer dollars from Treasury, then loaning our own money back to the government at a 3% plus spread. They also have a loss sharing agreement with Treasury where the taxpayer picks up the Litton losses...not that they have any "Losses" as Congress waived all accounting rules so they do not have to Mark to Market the asset when they foreclose...so no write down, no loss, so it's all profit...thus the obscene bonuses they paid themeselves.

HAMP Loan Modification Denial

WE found out about HAMP through a non-profit housing counselor. Litton Loan Servicing has told us we have been denied HAMP loan modification, but we never filled out any paperwork. When we finally sent our documents to be considered for a modification, they have not sent us anything writing, refuse to fax us confirming they've received our personal financial documents and flat out said they would not provide a HAMP modification for us. They said they will only do a short sale.

My husband has a job now, and we were late on our mortgage because of this reason. Now he is working and we want to get our taxes, insurance included in the mortgage and our rate adjusted plus our principal adjusted.

RomanRealtors Mar 18, 2010

You must consider a shortsale most people do not realise that the bank does not care about the homeowner and there are millions of boiler room scams offering loan mods popping up every day . Out of 4 million homeowners facing foreclosure only 135, 000 have been helped thru a modification, companies are no longer allowed to charge for modifications so anyone offering their services at a price is a scam . I suggest talking to a licensed real estate agent about your case.
    www.romanrealtors.com
    also many people do not qualify for the 5 requisites the bank requires .

we do not charge for modifications or shortsales the bank pays us. We wont ask u for a dime.

Joaquin Roman
    Owner
    Roman Realtors and Financial Services, Inc
    3005 S. Bristol
    Santa Ana, CA
    (714)-351-2398

• Pi
    PissedOffatLitton Jun 19, 2010

Litton Loan Modification is the biggest joke...I have sent them numerous faxes, paperwork...calls for a year and now I get a statement saying that I am denied because I didn't send in all of my paperwork. Good luck to any of you trying to get your loan modified. If they give you a modified amount to pay, try and pay your regular payment, because when you are denied they wonder why you are behind in your mortgage...it is as if they are setting you up to become behind rather than help you.

• Si
    sickandtired901 Nov 18, 2010

Litton Loan Servicing worked on a modification request for me for 7 months, sent me an approval packet one day and a denial letter the next. The reason for denial stated that I had not made all my trial payments on time. I sent in a letter of Dispute with proof of my paying each trial payment on time and they still would not admit fault. They had me to submit for another modification. I again sent in all required paperwork and made all my trial payments on time, only to receive the SAME denial letter stating that my payments were not made on time. When I called them, their representative told me it was not her job to review my account history. And that everything that I was explaining to her about what happened the first and second times were a "matter of opinion." I advised that it was a "matter of fact" and if she'd take the time to review my account history, she'd see that. I'm just so tired of this company in general. I think I may HAVE to get a lawyer...

loan modification

mortage was transfered to litton loan, herniated two discs, husband in construction has not worked in two yrs, i need back surgery ending my 26 yrs as a bedside nurse, i currently work seven days a week in ICU and ED to make two car payments, house payment and pay sons college tuition. Litton loan does not find this to be hardship, i mailed all the papers, ct scan reports note from neuro spine surgeon, my paystubs and explained every thing in detail, i was turned down. i have worked like this for the last 1.5 yrs, <br />
My mortgage payment now has changed from the original mortgage document, litton puts partial payments, in a floater account and applies it to whatever fees it wants, my original amount and due date have changed, i now have an escrow account i did not ask for and stay 2 payments behind. racking up late charges. <br />
I was also told that litton does not participate in the presidental modification plan but has their own, i was told that the investor did not consider my situation a hardship but not litton. My surgeon did not want me to return to work without restrictions, however if i go out with restrictions then i cannot go to my second job. I have a disc fragment pressing on my spinal cord i sometimes stoop and the transforaminal nerveblocks just get me by. needless to say seven days a week in these high stress areas is a catastrophe waiting to happen. all i ask for was to have my interest rate somewhat reduced from the 8.5 percent, my husband was selfemployed at the time of loan originationl, he has no formal education and has trouble finding gainful employment in north carolina with an unemployment rate of 12%. <br />
i no longer run to the postoffice to get the 4 monthly forclosure threats sent via certified mail. I make a full payment every month and just float by. and litton keeps adding late charges. they now offered me to see if i qualify for a 6 month repayment plan and ask for my documents, they received 113 pages of financial documents from me for the loan modification<br />
wonder what my payment will be next yr. people need to call the white house with litton loan complaints, they have and 800 number and a person actually answers the phone. <br />
I would like for the investor that considers my situation not a hardship to walk in my shoes for a week and see if he would like to work seven days a week in agony drive 69 miles back and forth to job number two. I cannot even take narcotic pain medicine because of the job i have. so heads off to Litton for running people into the ground.