Litton Loan Servicing Logo

Litton Loan Servicing

Having problems with Litton Loan Servicing?

Complaints & Reviews

Loan terrible practice

It took my husband and I 13 months to finally receive our new loan modification from Litton. It was a horrible mess.. not to mention stressful. The individuals within their various departments (loss mitigation) are very unprofessional and lack the knowledge necessary to help you with any questions. Also, they do not return phone calls. We were fortunate enough to receive an email address from an individual within the Loss Mitigation department and we began to correspond via email rather than over the phone. We saved these emails and it was a good thing that we did - at one point, we did not think that the loan modification was going to be processed and it was only because we had this email trail that we were told that Litton had to honor the loan modification. They were worried about us taking legal action against them. Needless to say, we cannot wait until we are in a position to refinance.

edgar s heitman Nov 14, 2008

seems as though you might want to change your tune given the big picture present today
    nov 14 2008

Dealing with Litton is a nightmare!

Litton loan has used mental terrorism on my wife and me I'm losing my home after 23 years when they bought the loan from option 1 its been a nightmare thy give you the runaround tell its to late to do any thing knowing we can not fight them I'm struggling to find a place to live close to work. Need to keep going for my family. Its sad that Litton loan needs not answer to nobody. They seemed to have more power then the government. When you work hard an honestly trying to stay on top of all expensive's which is not easy these days. Litton says get out now you haven't moved yet [even before any legal action was done] i have a good job but now under pressure to work and look for a place and dreading coming home and seeing my wife and kid locked out of the house. This is not good for me, you the country. More homeless families is not healthy [I might be one soon]. God bless America.

• Rj
    RJ May 01, 2007

I really don't think i can help, but they use mental aggression and big bucks on there side. So far on my side thy use legal bs and turn it around to make them look like the victim. There very good on flim flam. I'm 50 with a handy cap wife and a 12 year old i'm doing what i can to keep a roof over there heads. Your kids are very important. The unsettling truth that a company can do as much as it can to destroy a young or older persons life's future is beyond my reasoning. I don't have the fond's to fight them [not yet but will in time] hang in there it only gets better but it tacks time. Your young ones future is very important stay strong or thy will take all... I wood like to know what politicians or big wigs have holdings in litton [dem or repu ] interesting thought ... Not much help... Good luck and god bless america [we need our country back ]

• Ba
    Barbara Watts May 04, 2007

My loan was sold to Litton Loan Servicing back in December 2004. Before the loan was sold I had made my December payment to the old company Providan.

Litton clam they never receive that payment. Even after sending them a receipt showing that payment was made. Litton has been charging me $89.00 a month for 3years because I refuse to pay for that month again. I can not refinance my home because my credit score is so low because of this. Every loan company tell me that it looks like I can't make my payments on time. I have been fighting with Litton concern this matter for 3years and is still fighting. I have even joint a class action.

• Bo
    BOB Oct 06, 2008

My daughter has loan with LITTON, I wish I never heard of them. Never return calls, never nofity you of a problem, etc. They have a real neat way to steal your money. Modify your payment and always report you late to the big 3 credit services.
    They send you papers after waiting for days and then state that you must sign then immedately or your agreement is void.
    I read a modified payment agreement and sure enough there it was, we do not have to notify you. At least honest crooks have a gun, these people live under a rock. They keep charging you late fees even after you sign the new agreement, so even if you make a payment on time to them they still charge you a late fee and report it .

• Da
    daniepan31 Mar 25, 2010

after waiting a Year for my loan mod to go through, and numerous papers sent in over a over..i was notified by litton that i qualify for their modification and the government modication programs. I reuested writing detailing the two programs so that i could review my options. they will not send me my options in writing, and I was told I have 24 hours to decide if I want to go with Litton's program!!! I am convinced this company is run by a bunch of drunks working out of somebody's uncles basement!!! i have been told one thing by on person, and then a completely different thing by another. I have spent countless hours on the phone with them, done everything that i was supposed to do...and waited and waited..all to be told I have 24 hours !

• Pr
    Pray for Justice Aug 25, 2011

Litton is a total and complete nightmare. One person tells you one thing and another person tells you something else. Nobody has the story right. We made every single payment on time per our agreement and they still insist we owe thousands of dollars in late fees. They are insane! I spoke to one of their reps about a month ago and ended up in an argument because she was honestly the most insensitive, evil person I have ever dealt with in the mortgage industry from any company EVER! We are going after them big time- writing to our attorney general, our state and federal senators, the list continues. I pray that justice will be done with them.

Predatory loan practices

(1) Litton added additional charges on to our account after our agreed to loan modification... to this date...

Delinquent payment on my credit report

I was hurricane kitrina victim. Litton loan and many other companies offer programs on paying your bills to help get your life back in order i have a mortgage loan with litton. When i sign up to the program with a gentleman name milton scott i was told that it would credit. Well a few month later i denied a loan from a bank because litton put delinquent payment on my credit report and i need your help to get litton to clear my credit.

Company details:
4828 loop central drive, houston tx 77081
phone [protected]
fax [protected].

• Vi
    victoria Feb 01, 2008

Litton totally screwed me. these were hard to find- but i finally did.

Larry B. Litton Sr.

• Vi
    victoria Feb 01, 2008

My letter to Litton:

To whom it may concern:

After months of frustration with your company as well as Titanium Solutions. I have finally decided to write this letter and send it to all departments of
    your company. I am hoping that one person will take this matter seriously. I will also be sending this letter certified to you as well as faxing the information
    to the department supposedly handling my case. I have been ignored. Not listened to. I have been trying to make a payment to your company for almost two months now. (FULL PAYMENT) of the past few months I have been unable to pay due to the constant problems of Litton telling me I cant make payments certain ways. I am trying to give you my hard earned money and you wont accept it. I have put all of my Loss Mitigation paper work on file with Titanium and when it came down to me making the payment they told me I wasn't making it to them I was making it to Litton. When I spoke with Daryl of Litton Loan, I explained my story about what had happened and the time wasting of trying to go through Titanium and how frustrated I was and just wanted to make a payment. Well Daryl told me he would get back with me and I called for three days straight trying to get through to him. When I finally had to have someone at your service email him he called me back with a "payment plan"...Apparently my mortgage has gone from a 6.5 - 8.9 in a matter of months and also his payment plan was my payment going from $1214.10 to up over $1700.00? I hardly believe this is a payment plan that someone who is trying to come to agreements with your company is to help? So when I asked him how this would help me he said, well have you discussed your situation with Titanium. I just about flipped out on him because for a half an hour I explained to him how I couldn't get through and get anything done with Titanium and how I wanted to get this handled through Litton. It was as if he didn't listen to anything I said and came back with some payment plan, that a person in foreclosure can hardly afford- and just expected me to deal with it. I am able to pay what is over due and I have been for almost a month now and I keep getting harassed, my house is now up for trustee sale and I have people banging on my door to try to purchase it. I recently had an appraisal done on the property and due to market conditions the 990 square foot 1973 condo is going for a little over $114,000.00 The 1214 square foot unit just short-saled at around $52,000.00 I believe. My loan is for the amount of $210,000.00 in which I have put $25,000.00 down and also have been paying only on interest to your company. It is amazing to me that you are going to raise my rate now to an 8.9 and continue to change my payments every 6 months. I am willing to pay you the amount that is overdue if we can come to some sort of agreement, and also if someone in your company WILL LET ME MAKE A PAYMENT!! I am begging you to let me give you money and I am being tossed from one part of your department, to a loan solutions company (Titanium) that sounds like it is being ran from someones home!
    I want to give you money to pay my past payments. My notarized paperwork is on file with Titanium. I no longer want Daryl working on my account as he does not listen and is 100% unreasonable. I have asked to speak with corporate and they will never give me the number or transfer me to complain.

They will not return my phone calls and they even have hung up on me. They have also been rude. I have sent them a payment and they even sent my money back and said that it was not enough and that they do not take personal checks. They will not even take a bank transfer from my checking account. Every time I call I pay a ONE time fee of around $14.00. How am I supposed to recover and get you the money on a depreciated property if you wont accept it?
    What was the point of sending all of this to Titanium when I finally got the payment it wasn't even a correct payment. She told me that the loan would be at 7.4% when I spoke to Litton it had went to 8.9%? I have a job and I can afford my payments if we can come to an agreement, but at this point with my property being worth around half of what I purchased it for and my payment on a 990 square foot OLD condo being $2000.00, tell me why I am not just going to walk away and go rent a larger condo down the street for $795.00? Im trying here! Im trying to pay you, I have the money I can make what I am past due on if you guys will work with me also. The amount of 3% which you will have to pay a realtor and also the money that will be lost on this condo in trustee sale or foreclosure will much exceed what you are trying to squeeze out of me. I am a hard working person, and this is why America is hurting so bad and banks are going under. Its people like me that if you would just try to hold up to your side and not try to scrape every last penny out of a poor single female who is trying
    her dam nest to give you all of her money, we could see a huge change in everything if your customer service would actually listen and resolve our problems.

Its no mystery that all of our taxes go to pay the interest loaned from large banks. Give me a break here. Take my house out of trustee sale and let me at least try to hold up to my end of the bargain before you go and place this home for not even a third of whats its worth because your employees dont take the time and effort to help people PAY YOU. I will send ten copies of this letter to all of your departments until I get a response from someone who actually cares about the fact that I HAVE THE MONEY TO GIVE YOU and YOU WONT TAKE IT!

I had come out of my deep depression from being an unemployed Realtor, I have managed to get everything back on track and get the money to tend to my obligation and Litton put me right back into depression again with their total lack of cooperation. I am not able to refinance nor take out a home equity loan which was promised me from the time I have taken out this loan my payments are now $500.00 more than when I started. I used my entire inheritance from my dead grandmother to make the down payment. My property is now worth HALF of what it was. Can you imagine my frustration? Please I am practically begging you for help in this matter.

Litton constantly mails foreclosure notices and has sent my information to random people who wont stop contacting me. They have put my whole world on blast with the trustee sale. I have random men knocking on my door at all hours. I can be sure at any time Litton can claim we owe them extra money and if we cannot come up with the money while we dispute their claim we may lose our property. Its a threat that will only force YOU to lose money as none of this makes any sense on why its been so hard to resolve this with you!

Please help!

Worried and frustrated Litton Loan Client.

• Li
    litton you are wrong Mar 17, 2008

Hey everbody that mr. larry litton has messed over, why don't you go to hcad.org (harris county appraisal district) and get his address in pearland, tx and personally let him know you all know where he lives & go over to get your money back, paperwork straighten out or just kick his *ss.

edgar s heitman Nov 14, 2008

all of you get a frigin lawyer for gods sake now!!!

edgar s heitman Nov 14, 2008

look guys i mean no disrespect to anyone but lawyers can solve problems more quickly than you can being frustrated about whats happened to you, , , --FEMA LET DOWN A LOT OF FOLKS YA KNOW
    AND I KNOW YOUR ALL TRYING TO GET A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD TOO!!
    AND THE LADY WHO WANTS TO PAY--COMPLICATED GET A LAWYER TO HELP YOU OUT!!!

• Je
    jeremygiaco Nov 25, 2009

I have had all of the same issues with Litton. My loan was sold to Litton, though i've never missed a payment. I requested to be considered for a loan modification in February 2009. Finally by July, the arrangements to start paying a modified loan amount were made (on a trial basis). I've never missed a payment before or after the modification program. Now I am looking at my transunion and equifax credit reports, only to find that since (admittedly by Litton) the computer systems used for sending foreclosure notices and generating collection calls are not tied to the same systems that are used for the modification program. This must be why my credit report shows me in good standing (via comment), but also shows I havent made a payment since July! I am beyond frustrated with these crooks.