LG Refrigerator / anyone who bought an lg refrigerator has run into this problem

1 Canada Review updated:

Last September, I thought I was buying the most expensive appliance in my lifetime and that I would love it. Sorry to say, that was not a reality. The freezer which is supposed to be frost-free has not been working as a frost-free. I had made calls to the dealer TOM'S APPLIANCE, Grand Ave., Chatham, Ontario and in March one of their employees came and took a look at the problem. He said he will tell the owner of the shop and the repairman, and then he left. One month later still heard nothing from them so I called the store and left a message with the owner's wife. She said she would speak with Mike who had come and seen the problem. Three or four days later, still had not heard from anyone. I stopped by the store and spoke with the owner's wife, personally, and she told me she had left Mike a note, which she showed me, and it had a note on it that they were going to do something about it the next day. Eventually, Paul, a serviceman, came and supposedly adjusted some hose and said that that might fix it. He chopped away at the ice in and around the bottom and helped me clean all the broken ice. Two months later I call them again to let them know that the problem is not solved. This is now July and I don't know what to do. I am wondering if I should ask them to replace the refrigerator as I obviously got a lemon, but I just can't make lemonade with it.

I am wondering if anyone who bought an LG Refrigerator has run into this problem. I know of someone who had bought another brand and had a similar problem with a brand new item. They did change the thermostat for them and it was fixed.

The dealer told me they had never heard of my problem before, so they don't know how to repair it. I can't even open the ice cube drawer because of the ice forming around it. It's frustrating on a hot day when I can't get an ice cube from my fridge freezer. An item I paid over $1,600.00 for.

• Jtmm1960's Response, May 09, 2017

12 days not 112 wont let me edit it sry

• utsuk dutta's Response, Sep 18, 2017

my LG ac is not cooling properly and desktop monitor is not responding .I need the service of an LG authorize personnel at home.

• Aspk han's Response, Mar 14, 2018

Sir my lg g3 cat6 doesn't support 4g network .pllease help me about it.it is "kitkat"version

• Gopal Chakravorty's Response, Apr 15, 2018

LG AC not working since 1 Year No cooling, the trust has been broken .

After the company free service this problem has arrise

Comments

• Bb
      11th of Mar, 2017

I don't think LG is the only appliance company manufacturing "junk". My Frigidaire Professional oven is just over five years old and there is a crack in the metal oven bottom, caused by the hidden heating element getting so hot it actually cracked the metal. I think these companies are taking advantage of consumers by manufacturing sub-par products and charging us a fortune.

23rd of Jun, 2017

The frost free aspect is not legitimate as frost forms on back of freezer, and the ice maker malfunctioned, in fact it doesn't work at all and I understand I have to pay$225.00 to replace . This should be a free installation, by all means.

17th of Aug, 2017

My lg refrigerator model lfxs30766s after several months I noticed the ice maker was leaking water in the compartment and freezing. making it hard to get the ice holder out. then it leaked a bunch of water out onto my pergo floor. was quite a bit of water. noticed that the freezer wouldn't close quite right. that's what made the water leak! not sure why but that is what the service guy said. hasn't leaked since. so he said the door should be replace (ice maker door) lg said they wouldn't replace the door, so now as soon as my warranty is up the refrig stopped working. called lg they listened to the signal my refrig made and said it was stuck in defrost mode. the repairs shop said they could come out in 3 weeks. yeah the last time they had to order a drawer for it the came back 1 month later. so I am trying to fix it myself. just don't want to buy parts I don't need. bought it at costco, am going to get ahold of them and see how many complaints they have gotten. saw some nice tv's that costco has that are lg, well guess what. no way will I ever buy another lg product

• La
      21st of Dec, 2017

I have a 30cu lg refrigerator and these refrigerators aren't worth a [censor]. I purchased mine from home depot with an extended warranty (3yrs), and the problem with the ice maker, and freezer one day two guys spent 10 hours working on it before they got it to work. now I have been waiting for a service guy that was to show up between 1 and 5 and it's 5:20 and no phone call or nothing. they asked to change the service call from friday to thursday so I hung around all day waiting for the service guy. and no phone call or nothing.
    I called home depot but all they can offer is apologies, which does me no good. I would not recommend an lg or samsung refrigerator to any one. this is korean technology, worse than chinese or mexican products.

• De
      6th of May, 2018

WHAT A JOKE!!!
    Yes, I bought an LG refrigerator. What a fricking nightmare! We are still having to go to the garage for frozen food & our refrigerator does NOT provide ice or filtered water. we have paid to have the LG repair guy here 6 times and it is still the same error on it! The last time he was here he said he was going to try to get a replacement since he has fixed the same problem 4 times, then he disappeared. No return phone calls to 7 VM or to the 7 text messages he has received. When we call customer service in the Dominican Republic, you can hardly understand a word they say then hang up on you. Nice. i am a very patient person, but now I am way past that after 5 months of dealing with this. with nothing! We paid over 42500 for this thing and don't have another $2500 laying around to get a new one. What a joke!

17th of Jun, 2018

We bought the French door bottom freezer refrigerator in 2014, have never been completely happy with it. It is the noisiest one we have ever owned. Now our ice maker has started making a very loud knocking noise (like someone knocking very loudly on the house door). It does it just every once in a while and several times during the night. It has always had times it grounds ice to a powder and freezes up the outlet, then when you get it unclogged it throws ice all over the floor. My old Amana is in our storeroom running like a dream, it is about 20 years old. I have threatened to bring it back in the house and throw this $2, 000 nightmare out the back door.

I posted the one above, Joyce McCarley

17th of Jun, 2018

Well, I posted my complaint and now you want me to do it again! Well here it is:
    We bought our LG refrigerator in March 2014 and have become less and less happy with it. It is the noisiest refrigerator we have ever owned. The ice maker clogs up and we have to open it up and unclog often. Sometimes it grinds the ice into powder and stops up the outlet, then when we get it to unclog it throws ice all over the floor. It has even started dispensing ice and won't turn off. Now it has started knocking off and on all day and night, it sounds like someone knocking very loud on the house door. This is not word for word what my last comment was but basically covers the main problem. We have an Amana that is about 20 years old that we replaced with this fine LG. That old Amana is still running (very quietly I might add). We spent $2, 000 on this piece of junk that we have both grown to hate.

• Sh
      25th of Jun, 2018

I purchased an LG refrigerator Model LFXC24726S. There is a KNOWN issue with a loud noise coming from the freezer drawer. This is a manufacturer defect and should be recalled. Ice forms in back of the freezer drawer causing the fan to make noises. I had it repaired in Oct 2017 and it is back again. Customer service is a joke! They have put me through numerous calls (each lasting a minimum of an hour or more), given me several reference numbers and case numbers with the assurance someone will call me back to schedule a technician to come out to declare it needs to be replaced. This never did occur. I've been on a merry-go-round! I PAID OVER 3.000.00 for this refrigerator thinking this would be my last one. This model needs to be RECALLED!!!
    Model LFXCS247265
    Serial No. 407KRNMOC695

Angry and very unhappy customer.

• Se
      15th of Aug, 2018
    LG Electronics - mobile phone
    Pakistan

I have just reset my LG X power version 6.0.1 yesterday and it is showing invalid sim while I have tried another sim card but the invlid problem is still there.
    now I m not able to solve this invalid problem... I have checked out my sim card tray...I have put the sim card right.. kindly help me resolve this sim card issue...

15th of Aug, 2018
    LG - Split ac
    Chennai
    India

I bought split ac before 4months. Some noise came from indoor unit, 3 times lg technician came but problem not solved and not proper response..
    I'm feeling uncomfortable and worrying for buy your product..

• Vi
    LG Electronics - Refrigerator
    Pathankot

My bill lost plz duplicate bill model no :GL-252

• Re
      20th of Aug, 2018
    LG Electronics - their representatives in iran just try to justify customers
    Iran

I want to meet your senior representative in Iran,
    Because your Iranian colleagues just try to justify me!
    I want to make an appointment with your special Korean representative in Iran.

• As
    LG Electronics - lg g3 cat6
    Meherpur
    Bangladesh

Dear sir
    in my country lg g3 cat6 doesn't support 4g network.but my another phone supports 4g.sir if you can help me pllease email me at "[email protected]". I'm in very difficult situation.

LG Electronics - tv 42 LF 5600
    Ruskin
    Florida

white spots occurring on screen, first one, then two, now three. can see more forming, I have three L G tvs, this is the only one with problem. 42 lf 5600
    very disappointed, replacement may not be L G

• Mi
      29th of Aug, 2018
    LG Electronics - lg phone is broken and I need a replacement

I purchase a LG phone from Walmart and the screen is broken and I don't have a receipt

• Lg
    LG Electronics - french door refrigerator
    Huntsville
    Alabama
    lg.com

I have a French door refrigerator, which was purchased three years ago. Since we bought the water dispenser has been leaking after each use. And was never fixed even when it was under warranty. Now leak has caused the frig to start rusting around the dispenser and the door.

• La
    LG Electronics - speakers
    Geneva
    Ohio

i am trying to hookup my living speakers to your tv but nothing happens .My model number is 43UH6100 have any idea why thanks LARRY my email is [email protected]

• Sh
    LG - lg stylo 3 phone
    Stratford
    Connecticut

Very unhappy with phone ringtones are not loud enough phone constently freezing doesn't connect to my Xfinity wifi and service is terrible would like to know if there might be a solution to mt problems. Please contact me at 203-953-5201 or email me at [email protected] thank you

• Ay
    LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd - import consignment
    Pune

AWB - 1727240115
    ETD USA - 2/DEC
    ETA Bangalore, India - 9/DEC
    Final place of delivery - Pune (Maharashtra), India

* No response and no updates from Aramex India.
    * Delay in clearance & delivery.
    * Urgent Shipment - Lethargic approach of Aramex team.

Still pending for clearance after 6 days of arrival at Bangalore.
    * Required delivery - 15/Dec