LG Dealer / pathetic customer service!

1 India Review updated:

Id purchased a new LG refrigerator from a local dealer in Bangalore (Viveks) on assurance that besides excellent device performance, the customer service was equally good. The nightmare started right from the moment it was sent to us

1: The refrigerator landed with a horrible dent due to transportation and mis-handling.

2: The lg executive sent to install the fridge did not know basic english and had very poor communication.

3: Registering a complaint with the LG service center for replacement took the cake.

After numerous calls and assurances that the deceive would be replaced within a week, no action has been taken yet.The local customer service personnel now tells me that the invoice hasn't even reached their department after all the formalities were done 2 weeks back!!!

Very disappointed!!! These people are sitting there to take their customers for a ride!!

Comments

• Sh
      11th of Dec, 2007

I had same complaint for spar mall on banargatta road.

5th of Jan, 2009

I had a terrible experience with systems solutions, where I did the mistake of buying a LG DVD writer and guess what.. no customer service at all. I had to make number of calls to get some help. When I called LG customer service to complain about the dealer I get a response that we dont register any complains here. You will need to visit the service center and get help.

About System Solution, the lady sitting in the frnot desk promised that the quality of service will be the best. They just installed the drive and left the drivers to be installed by me for which I paid Rs 100. Today when I call them for support they say that all the technicians are busy and cannot be sent for any support. I am seriously considering going to consumer forum.

• Ru
      6th of Aug, 2009

Hi,

I too had a similar incident. We purchased an L G refrigerator from a local dealer in Commercial street who promised better performance and durability when compared to the others. It says that the fridge has 5 yrs of warranty ... but unfortunately it is of NO USE.

I had a problem where in the timer is non functioning within a year and called customer service. I too faced a similar problem wherein the representative could not speak English (basic). Did not know what is the problem was and which component needs to be replaced? After identifying the problem the components are so very priced that it becomes un affordable to replace after paying a heavy price to the so called NEW REFRIGERATOR!!

I feel bad that such products and services are and will be affecting the brand name and its reputation. Please think of delivering quality goods to bring in customer satisfaction.

I am very disappointed with the product and have spread a word of mouth to my friends, families and colleagues about my experience with the product and its service.

Highly disappointed!!