LG / servive overcharging

1 Thailand Review updated:

complaint to LG:

My LG washing machine leaks and I believe that the rubber gasket inside the door needs to be replaced. I contacted your service center in Phuket on Poon Poon Rd (tel [protected]). They quoted me 1, 800 Baht to replace and said that 1, 200 baht was the price of the gasket. I contacted LG in Bangkok and discovered that the gasket is only 552 Baht plus shipping & tax. I am requesting that you supply me with the "standard" price to replace the gasket and/or another location in Phuket that will provide a more "honest" service. If your service centers cheat customers and inflate prices in this manner, your customers will not purchase LP products in the future! Rather than be cheated like this, I'd rather throw the washing machine away and buy another one (not LG!). If I can't have it repaired in the next several days at a reasonable cost, that's exactly what I'll do. I look forward to hearing from you.

LG customer service reply:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your replying mail, I would like to explain for the standard of repair cost as below ;

- Cost of gasket is 762 Baht (Included Shipping Fee and Tax. 7%)
- Cost of Service is 749 Baht .(Included Tax.7%)

Please kindly confirm your convenience date for us again then we will provide you for the spare part and the exactly time of repairing.

We are looking forward to serve you very soon.

Best Regrads,

Fa

Comments

• Ph
      24th of Jun, 2014

Sir,

The remote control for my 42-inch LG flat-screen TV is not working properly and I think I need a new one. I went back to the shop at Central Festival where I bought the TV (about three years ago), but they told me they could not sell me a new remote, but there was an LG shop somewhere in Phuket Town where I could buy a new remote.
    I have been unable to find this shop. Could you please tell me where the LG shop is in Phuket Town, and let me have their telephone number?
    My email address is editor@teesemedia.com