LG Air Conditioner / Synergie Services / faulty compressor replacement

1 India Review updated:

I purchased an LG 1.25 ton ac in 2000. The compressor stopped working 10 days ago. I got the ac fixed by LG authorized Synergie Services. They presented me with Rs. 5600 in bills (bill nos. 3241 and 3235) for replacing the compressor. 4 days later the compressor stopped working again. When the technician took it out I saw a sticker on the compressor which had a manufacturing date written on it: 19.12.2000. The compressor model number was RN220CYQT manufactured by Mitsubishi. I have a photograph of this sticker. It means that Synergie has either put in a 7 year old compressor or not replaced the compressor at all. This is robbery. When I bought this to their attention they were very rude to me. I spoke to the manager who denied any wrong-doing. He said he simply installed compressors that were issued by LG. I find it hard to believe that a company like LG would send out 7 year old compressors. I also did not get any certificate or guarantee card for the supposedly new compressor.

Comments

Wz
  18th of May, 2007

I have to say LG has the worst product and service, and SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. I will never have any LG products again. I have very bad experience with the LG. I got one refrigerator from Best Buy on March, 2004 which cost $1664 and the sealed system (the warranty for the system is 7 years) had the problem after one year (June, 2005), the tech support came and had it fixed. After a few months later (Feb, 2006) the same problem happened again. I had to call customer support and escalated this case to the manager team. After more than SIX weeks, I finally got it replaced with a NEW one. One year later (May, 2007), the same exact problem happened again for the NEW one.

Since the Labor is out of warranty even the part isn’t, I have to pay $87.50 for one local service Center which was authorized by LG customer service came and found out it is unrepairable system problem. But the LG Tech service insists it is repairable and wants me to call another service center for repairing. And I have been told by one of their supervisors -- Brain that I have to go through all the 7 service centers in my area if one can’t repair for me and pay all the service charge by myself. This is so ridiculous, I already trashed hundred dollars worth food and living without refrigerator for months in all the three instances.

Please all of you go ahead to file a complaint to Federal Trade Commission:

This is going to help Federal, State and Local authorities to investigate their possible illegal practices.