Les Schwab Tire / terrible experience
Les Schwab in Emmett, ID sold me 10 inch rims and tires that require no wider then 9 inch rims and said I was good to go. While pulling my 5th wheel down the interstate I had 2 rear tires fail. I got into Pocatello, ID and went to Les Schwab.I was told they didn't know why the tires failed and never seen a tire wear around the bead area like mine was doing. so they sold me 4 new tires, again to small for the rims.
I started to learn more about tires and talked with a tire manufacture about my situation. I looked at Les Schwab data books on what the widest rim for my tires are and asked them about how safe my tires are being on a 10 inch rim pulling a 38 foot 5th wheel. They replied we do this all the time and it's safe. I then called the manufacture and asked them and they replied absolutely not. My tire being on that wide of a rim would spin on the rim causing braking problems and bead separation and tire failure.
I contacted Les Schwab headquarter and was referred back to the Pocatello tire center. The Pocatello tire center said I could trade my 10 inch rims in on an 8 inch set for about $300.00. I said no and they pointed me to the door.
My family and I have done allot of business with Les Schwab in the past. NEVER AGAIN!!!
More Les Schwab Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Les Schwab Tire - if we don't have it you don't need it 
- Les Schwab Tires - unprofessional, rude, rip off 
- Les Schwab - tires 
- Les Schwab - horrid service 
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - fraud and scam 
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - employee
- Les Schwab Tire Centers - tires 
- Les Schwab Tire Center - incompetent workmanship - dismal customer service
- Les Schwab Tire Center - brakes
- Les Schwab Tire Center - I think they forgot me