LensCrafters / extermely poor service, late, prejudice

1 kennesawKennesaw, GA, United States Review updated:

My father ordered prescription glasses from Lenscrafters at towncenter mall in Kennesaw Ga. We did not get any phone call from them so I called after 3 weeks. Store rep said they are in store Lab. 3 weeks ago at the time of purchase they were being sent out to Ohio. Then a girl who said she was the manager told me that Ohio is backed up with Orders & lenses just came in. Next day i went to pick them up. My dad couldn't see through the reading glasses. Rep looked irate when asked for reasons for blurriness. He was RUDE (he did not yell but his temperament with my father & I was very mean because my dad couldn't see through the lenses & he didn't really felt like dealing with us). Lets see what happens what happens after few days. Per rep the eyes should adjust to the lenses in few day.

Jv

Comments

• Ne
      1st of Mar, 2010

If the associate was rude, I would suggest sending a formal complaint to LensCrafters corporation. They are very good when it comes to responding to customer complaints, and I can almost guarantee you that the associate's behavior would be discussed with a manager. As for your father's vision, try out the glasses for a few days; and, if the problems persist, either return the glasses or better yet, go get a follow up eye exam with your doctor. Optometrists do make mistakes, and sadly it is the opticians or the lab technicians who most often get to face the customers' scorn. Furthermore, LensCrafters does give you a 3-month prescription guarantee where we cover entirely for any prescription changes the customer might have. It is something we stress to customers at the Canadian location I personally work at, and you have every right to avail it.

I understand your frustrations, but there are means to get your problems solved. We are in the customer care business, and at our end, most of us try to do the best we can to make sure you go home happy, and come to us for life. At the end of the day, despite being a part of the same company, each store is different and offers a unique experience. And sadly, this particular GA location couldn't provide you with the ultimate customer experience we'd like you to be a partake in.

Lastly, I must add that I am not someone from HR, just an associate meandering through forums in boredom, stuck at the lower echelons of the salary scale.

SS

5th of Mar, 2010

Somehow in your tirade, you forgot to explain why Lenscrafter was prejudice. Just because the ethnicity of the associate and that of the customer are different and they have a disagreement, doesn't make one of them prejudice.

• Ri
      22nd of Feb, 2012

I had something like that happen once, and I did need to go back to the optometrist who did the test and wrote the Rx for the glasses. I was retested by another optometrist, and the result was a different Rx! After that, Lenscrafters gave me at least one pair of new lenses at no additional charge. It's true that the people who provide the glasses, use the Rx they receive for each eye, fit the lenses into the frame, and can have nothing whatsoever to do with a customer's disatisfaction. Once, however, I ordered lenses and frames from the optical department of a major department store and couldn't see properly when I received them. I gave it a couple of days, and then went over to Lenscrafters with the glasses. They actually found the problem: The lenses were not positioned properly into the frame...something about the axis... I was so grateful to Lenscrafters, got a refund from the other company, and reordered the replacement glasses from Lenscrafters! I have been their customer ever since--about 21 yrs.