LensCrafters / pricing outragous

1 Buffalo, NY, United States Review updated:

I took my daughters frames, which i purchaced my self, to Lenscrafter in Buffalo ny at the Galleria Mall. I just needed the lenses put in. I had a price of 119.00 at a different oftical store but unfortunatly it was 5 days to get the glasses back. Lenscrafters could do them the same day. Yes but they wanted 350.00!!!
this is ridiculous. An absolute truth about stealing when it comes to stealing the customers money.
There is absolutely NO way you can justify this price.

Ma

Comments

• Ha
      14th of May, 2009

If your daughter is a single vision wearer, Lenscrafters has an option for $125.00. If her rx is strong, especially high astig. correction a hi index lens may be more beneficial. Those can reach the $350 range. if you added things like the anti reflective coating and/or photochromatic lenses they to can reach that area. It was all up to you. High quality optics and workmanship do cost more. also, Lenscrafters coupons and promotions are for frame and lens purchase only. I'm sure if they had accidently broken the frame during the process, you woul have whined until they gave you another one. For that reason, they can't discount as much for lenses only. The stealing talk is childish drivel, too. You obviously were not forced to purchase their product. Do your local Lenscrafters store a favor, and go somewhere else.

25th of May, 2009

hammed3, you are awesome! Nicely put!

• Pa
      18th of Jun, 2009

I have been an optician for 20 yrs . and I am sick and tired of customer complaints, from the time it takes to getting their glasses to the price they have to pay for them. Yes, we make mistakes, we are only human after all and not machines.Yes, some complaints are legit. Nothing is ever 100% perfect.The Lenscrafters store I work at bends over backwards to give the best customer service we can & take pride in our work. If we make a mistake we always fix it. Customers want the highest quality products then have a fit when they have to pay for it. Yet when it comes to buying that big screen t.v. or those designer clothes no one seems to have a problem forking over their money. What consumers forget is that buying glasses is not like buying a pair of shoes. Glasses are a medical device and are custom made for the pt. We are part of the medical field. In Nevada, opticians are state licensed and have to get nationally certified & state licensed all while working in the field and getting a degree from the college. All this just so I can sell you a pair of glasses or contact lenses. We have to renew licenses every year and take C.E. classes to be able to renew said license. This is no differant than drs., nurses etc. I am offended to be called and treated like a car salesman. No one twists your arm or wrestles your money out of your hand. You have a choice to say yes or no to the purchase. Consumers need to start taking responsibility for there actions and quit blaming us for their poor decsions. This has become the american way of life. Always someone elses fault. Last I looked this was a free country & YOU HAVE CHOICES. If the price is not good for you, JUST SAY NO.

• Ha
      24th of Jun, 2009

Very well said Parmac.

• Li
      26th of Jul, 2009

You can absolutely justify the price. You're paying for the convenience. It's the same as paying $1.50 for a cold bottle of Coke from a vending machine when you COULD buy a 2-liter for $0.99 at the grocery store. If you're not willing to pay that much to get them on the same day, then don't.

• Bo
      10th of May, 2010

Yea, Lenscrafters is pricey. Honestly you can just go to any Chinese place and they'll give you the exact same pair in the same amount of time for half the price. So I guess you're paying for name. Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I'd rather have the money in my pocket.