Lennar / refund of my deposit

Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

RE: Refund of my deposit – Storey Park
To Whom It May Concern,
We are extremely concern with the lack of response and seriousness from your sales office, Lennar, in one of your developments in Orlando, FL (Storey Park).
We were not approved by your subsidiary Eagle Homes after working with them since March 18th 1017. Even though, that the lender explained Mrs. Natalia Morales (sales rep at Storey Park) that we were not approved, she insisted that Lennar will keep the deposit of $3, 500.00. With no other explanation, Mrs. Natalia Morales cut all contact with me and my wife. That’s the reason we need to appeal above, since there are many things that we have learned during the process, and should not happened in order to get us approved.
We learned that Mrs. Natalia Morales and Mrs. Sharon Gutierrez recommended us to change from townhome option to a single family home, because they said it was easier to get us approved: from 11936 Sonnet Avenue (Lot 3241) to 11460 Biography Way (Lot 3264)
We learned that when they could not approve us with a Single Family Home that the recommendation was for my wife to change her 1099 status to W2, causing us financial problems, and I won’t start explaining to you the emotional rollercoaster this process has been for me and my family. We have a toddler who now has to be taken care by a babysitter 5 days a week. The money she made as a W2 hardly pays for our child’s care, but we did it because it was Lennar and Eagle Homes recommendation.
We learned that Mrs. Natalia Morales assumed, even though she has several e-mails from Eagle Homes, that we relinquished our loan and for that reason, she was not authorizing the refund minus $250 as contract stated. It was suspended by Eagle Homes, because I was in training and my commission /bonus decreased during that period (you can request to the staff involved to submit to you an e-mail from August 28th 4:35 pm –from Eagle Homes to Lennar directly, to Natalia Morales and previous e-mails too).
During that suspension, as your staff labeled, Eagle Home asked my wife to become W2 employee. After all the process to cover one of your subsidiaries’ requirements the loan was denied due to not “sufficient time at the job” as a W2 employee. Your staff/associates could not get the exception of a policy that you, as lenders, already have. Your staff made us to do this huge change counting only on a small possibility that the underwriter will do an exception to its own rules.
Mrs. Shannon asked Mrs. Karen Morgan through Mrs. Natalia Morales to read more about the case and to refund the deposit. Mrs. Karen never contacted us, neither Mrs. Natalia Morales regarding our deposit. (We do not know who Mrs. Karen Morgan is, since she was never CC or introduce to us)
After exhausting all resources Eagle Home kept in communication with us, at least they answers our calls, saying that she will appeal above Natalia Morales but unfortunately she was not able to CC us per privacy policy (Phone call between my wife and Eagle Home - September 13th 2017 – 3:39 p.m.).
Two weeks later we have not heard from Lennar nor Eagle Homes. We need your office in Miami to take care of this issue. We want our deposit to be refunded as soon as possible. For the ones today receiving this email $3, 500 may not make a difference in your life, but for us is savings and we want our money back.

Ka
Sep 28, 2017

Comments

Jun 25, 2018

Have you received your deposit back? I am going through the same situation and I would like to know how you ended up!

• Eg
      Oct 29, 2018

@Analizmarie Velazquez We are very concerned, going through a major disappointment with Lennar Homes and wondering as well if you got your deposit back.

Jan 27, 2019

Everyone who has experienced Lennar Corporation keeping their deposits, please send me email to [protected]@gmail.com. I am filing a class action lawsuit against this disgusting company and we need everyone who has been scammed by them to help, if you want your money back. Send me your name, amount of deposit and date.

• Sh
      May 07, 2019

@Constance Serrano The website is blocking your email address? Can you please list it maybe with spaces so we can read it? I have a client that is going through this right now too only being one week into signing his contract but after seeing the train wreck his family member is experiencing whole building their home with this company they’ve now decided to run (costing me commissions too btw) but of course this company is giving them a hard time to cancel the contract let alone refund their deposit... in any case, would like to forward your info to my clients just in. Case they need it... thanks

May 07, 2019

@Shelley Valentin Sad to say, they will most likely not return their deposit monies.

Jun 22, 2019

@Constance Serrano Please include my case: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John; no mortgage and no refund.

• Br
      Feb 04, 2019

What deposit did you guys make on a new home purchase? What percentage?

Apr 01, 2019

@Briana Hulke Hi Briana, they are keeping $30, 000 deposit money. My brother and his wife, although they had good credit scores, and made above the average income, were not approved for the loan and they said they were not entitled to receive the money back based on the contract.

• Ka
      Apr 23, 2019

@Constance Serrano How can I join, 21, 000 deposit

@Karli1432 conciserrano

• Yy
      Mar 11, 2019

how can I join your class action lawsuit?

Apr 23, 2019

@yyaah super Hi, we are currently gathering info for all who would like to join. I will add your email to the list. If you could privately email me your name and the amount that was kept, that would be great!

@yyaah super Email me

Jun 22, 2019

@Constance Serrano I am in: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John.

904-444-1367.

Jun 22, 2019

@Constance Serrano I am in: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John; no mortgage and no refund.

904-444-1367.

• Re
      May 01, 2019

I am a REALTOR in Philadelphia representing a couple who have $31, 296 on deposit and have been turned down twice for a mortgage...they said we would get it back...any contact information anyone may have for a SUSAN BERNSTEIN IN NYC...she has the RELEASE from the AGREEMENT OF SALE...HELP?? Terry Devlin [protected]@comcast.net

THANKS

• Sh
      May 07, 2019

@Realtor Philly Hi I too am a Realtor (in Florida) and currently have two different buyers with issues (one close to closing but the other only one week into contract and because he’s related to the first it has caused the second cold feet...) Lennar is giving a hard time to my client wanting to cancel ... any help would be gratefully appreciated!

May 07, 2019

@Realtor Philly By joining forces, we could beat these crooks!

Jun 22, 2019

I am a victim in Florida. Please include me in the class suit against this crooks: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John; no mortgage and no refund.

Jul 14, 2019

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for everyone who has emailed me.
    I am compiling a growing list of individuals who this has happened to. I will be in touch with all of you very soon as to what the next step in the process of this class action law suit. Thanks for responding. Justice will prevail! If you have not personally emailed me, please do so at: conci serrano @ Gmail . com

Sincerely,