CalAtlantic Homes Logo

CalAtlantic Homes

Having problems with CalAtlantic Homes?

CalAtlantic Homes Customer Service Contacts

+1 240 532 3800 (Head Office)
+1 770 587 1667 (Atlanta, GA)
+1 512 506 4000 (Austin, TX)
+1 410 290 0094 (Columbia, MD)
+1 925 847 8700 (Pleasanton, CA)
+1 843 375 5555 (Charleston, SC)
+1 704 759 6000 (Charlotte, NC)
+1 224 293 3100 (East Dundee, IL)
+1 469 731 3100 (Frisco, TX)
+1 703 449 6500 (Chantilly, VA)
+1 303 486 5000 (Greenwood Village, CO)
+1 713 856 2800 (Houston, TX)
+1 317 659 3200 (Indianapolis, IN)
+1 951 898 5500 (Corona, CA (Inland Empire)
+1 904 825 3000 (Ponte Vedra, FL (Jacksonville)
+1 702 840 2700 (Las Vegas, NV)
+1 407 645 6500 (Winter Park, FL (Orlando)
+1 610 891 1700 (Media, PA (Philadelphia)
+1 480 476 8400 (Gilbert, AZ (Phoenix)
+1 919 465 5900 (Morrisville, NC)
+1 916 746 4800 (Roseville, CA)
+1 210 496 8030 (San Antonio, TX)
+1 858 618 4910 (San Diego, CA)
+1 954 575 7300 (Coral Springs, FL)
+1 949 789 1600 (Irvine, CA)
+1 813 288 7600 (Tampa, FL)
+1 952 229 6000 (Eden Prairie, MN)
+1 805 379 6600 (Westlake Village, CA)
+1 800 749 5000 (CalAtlantic Insurance Services)
+1 480 368 8010 (CalAtlantic Mortgage)
+1 980 925 5113 (CalAtlantic Title Operations Center (Charlotte)
+1 480 315 7712 (CalAtlantic Title Operations Center (Scottsdale)
1100 Wilson Boulevard, Ste. 2100

Calatlantic Insurance Services
2359 Perimeter Pointe Parkway, Ste. 300, Charlotte, NC 28208

Calatlantic Mortgage
8660 E. Hartford Dr., Ste. 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85255

Calatlantic Title Operations Center (Charlotte)
2359 Perimeter Pointe Parkway, Ste. 300, Charlotte, NC 28208

Calatlantic Title Operations Center (Scottsdale)
8660 E. Hartford Dr., Ste. 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85255

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CalAtlantic Homes Customer Service. Initial CalAtlantic Homes complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CalAtlantic Homes above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CalAtlantic Homes. Discuss the issues you have had with CalAtlantic Homes and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CalAtlantic Homes Complaints & Reviews

CalAtlantic Homes — new home

We are purchasing a new home from calatlantic. All contracts have been signed. However, many things were not...

CalAtlantic Homespunch out list...

If I may introduce myself, my name is TJ Poitier, I am a resident of your Palm Meadows Estate property. I have been a resident since September 22, 2017. Nevertheless, I have provided a punch out list to who was my property manager (Bobby Blackburn) shortly after my husband and I moved in. Some of the items were repaired while others were not or repaired unsatisfactory and in some instances causing additional damage. Since this initial punch out list I have provided several updates to include images of these items. I have not had these issues resolved and this is totally unacceptable. This has been going on since September 25, 2017. The most recent punch out list update was sent on April 20th, nearly one month ago. I work Monday-Friday and cannot continuously take off from work. I was off work for more than a week and provided your customer service with a list of items to be repaired and the dates I would be available and NO ONE was ever scheduled to complete any of the repairs during this timeframe.
Another issue is they seemed to have caused damage to my house as well as my husband brand new 2018 truck. We have provided an estimate mid-April. Your manager Todd Shidaker, seemed to think that we should have filed a claims with our auto insurance. I beg to differ; just like the damage to my home, Lennar is responsible for any damage caused by their contractors. How dare he suggest such a thing instead of taking responsibility of the damage. I have pictures of the equipment, the proximity to the house, as well as the damage to the truck. We have spoken with one of the managers, however, no timeframe of receiving these funds to repair this damage—again, unacceptable. They claim they would repair and repaint the house when they finished with the construction the home next door. They are close enough to completing and I want our repaired and repainted ASAP.
Here are some of the issues:
They came out and adjusted the front door in efforts for it to close properly. Consequently, the adjustment left a gap in the top of the door and cause mobility to the top of the door and ultimate this movement cracked the door.
We have reported the tank on toilet broke. The property manager concluded that was tightened to tight and it ultimately broke.
The carpet looks really worn and it has lines in it as though it wasn't install properly.
Door trim was repaired because one side of it was too short weeks ago and no one has come out to caulk and repaint it.
The trim in my master bathroom has not been repaired satisfactory.

Ultimately I want all the repairs I provided to be completed as well as my husband's truck to be repaired. Not to mention I'm expecting guests at my house in two weeks and do not want these imperfections to be detectible. I will follow-up this email with a phone call. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

CalAtlantic Homes — poor quality homes; ac/heater issues and more

We moved in June after waiting for the construction to be completed for a year.AC/Heater issue has not...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homessuspected recurrence of water leak at main house line

Issue recurred. Last year front yard was flooded around city water connection to house main line, you came in and exchanged a plastic pipe connection and front yard had to be re-done after flooded, now same problem recurred, water flooding front yard and leaking into street, please address ASAP. address 15536 Tanner ridge rd, San diego, CA 92127
    phone [protected]

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — hurricane shutter, standing water issues

First of all, early September hurricane IRMA was threatening whole of Florida when I was installing hurricane...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — overall quality

we had water swap into our home from hurricane irma. We were the only house on our street that this happened...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — backyard of home

We are filing this complaint to express our grief, disappointment and concern for the lack of safety that...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — my new cal atlantic home

I moved j to my house in June and have had nothing but issues since I have moved in. All were avoidable...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homeswater saturation (floor, guest bedroom).

Hello,

My name is Michael Jones, I live at 32167 Wenlock Loop, Wesley Chapel, Florida, 33543 (Windsor Community). Problem: Saturated carpeted floor.
      Unknown origin of saturated floor. Floor is carpeted, so can not tell if water is originating from a busted pipe in wall (does not seem likely), or from underneath floor. Nothing was spilled on floor; concerned about mold setting in. Please respond soonest.

Respectfully,

Mike Jones
      Cell: 813.447.1476

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homeshome purchase

The home model “Clearwater” represented no basic options as to the standard build of the home being purchased. Are understanding from reviewing the model home walk through that what was that this home was similar to what was being purchased in respect to flooring, cabinets, baseboards, plumbing fixtures. It wasn't until 30 days after signing the sales contract we had been assigned the first available appointment with the design center where they informed us otherwise. The building materials shown at the design center did not represent what we had purchased and in order to upgrade to this level of building materials that is represented in the model it would require exceeding the expected appraisal value. We had been misled of what was portrayed as standard options. This home price with basic items similar to model exceeded our ability to purchase given the excessive upgrade costs. a refund of the good faith deposit provided as no permits have submitted to Osceola County permit center to date.

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — calatlantics and subcontractors

Please read on I am requesting that Henderson Building and Safety to review excessive notched joists. I...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homesales

The sales rep in Legacy Ridge, Westminster, CO said on our first visit that a list of options she presented could be modified. We stated at the time that we would not want the wet bar in the basement and could use the savings on something else we wanted, such as hickory floors. The sales rep did not say "no". Later after considerable effort to review the application, disclosures, and get a loan commitment, the rep said the bar could not be removed. We then explained that we had an aversion to this, as some of the family does not consume alcohol, and we did not want a central feature like that. The rep still said no, even to the possibility of putting in a plumbing cap, or some way to minimize the option so as not to be a "bar". We are disappointed that we had to request our $10, 000 deposit back, and now we are out of pocket $700, because we did get permission to add a fireplace in the living room upstairs, and had to pay that to get the permit. The rep also said we could be reimbursed for driving about 40 miles to see a built version of this model, which we did. We imagine that's gone too.
          Overall, a disappointing experience. It truly seemed like the house would have been great if CalAtlantic could have compromised, but the rep said that "corporate" refused.

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — warranty, bad customer service

Bought new home in mid 2015. After several months moved in, I started to see there are title crack...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — countertops in home

We have had trouble with CalAtlantic Homes since we started our contract. Our builder has done a phenomenal...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homeshome construction

The following information is provided in the hope that it may be helpful to anyone considering the purchase of a new home constructed by Standard Pacific Homes, Ryland Homes, or any other home construction company associated with Cal Atlantic Homes (Cal).

We purchased a new house constructed by a company associated with Cal. In the recent process of selling that house, a home inspector noted: “Observed several areas with truss augmentations all located in the same area of the attic space. These repairs have been improperly performed, including nails in no special pattern, detached nails, gaps and improper sistering techniques and other defects”. A structural engineer subsequently noted: “The roof framing in this area appears unsupported, inconsistent, and appears to have been improvised during the original construction of the home. This home was constructed with structurally inadequate framing connections over the Main Entry. There is a concern that this area could fail if subjected to the additional live loads or wind loads as required by the local building codes (emphasis added)”.

After we learned about the framing and structural issues, we concluded that the repairs outlined by the structural engineer had to be made before any sale occurred. We were unwilling to, and simply would not, put a future owner and their family at potential risk.

We hoped Cal would share our concern and help us address this situation. Despite being made aware that the house may not be structurally sound, Cal refused to even visit the property.

Why did Cal frame the house in a way that inspectors/engineers determined was improper and could fail? More importantly, why would Cal refuse to even perform their own inspection?

We were hoping to get answers to these and other questions from Cal. Instead of getting answers, Cal had an attorney send letters that denied any responsibility and, without having visited the house, denied that there was anything wrong with the house. The amazing thing is that the cost we paid to fix the framing and structural issues noted by the inspectors/engineers was probably not much more than how much it cost Cal to have an attorney send letters.

So if you are anyone thinking about buying a new home constructed by Standard Pacific Homes, Ryland Homes, or any other home construction company associated with Cal Atlantic Homes, we urge you to give serious consideration to our experience of how they responded to concerns raised by qualified professionals before you make a final decision.

CalAtlantic Homes / Standard Pacific Homes — new home

Beware of CalAtlantic Homes/Standard Pacific Homes! They will give you all kinds of excuses to avoid...

CalAtlantic Homes / Standard Pacific Homes — stucco/eifs

We purchased a Standard Pacific home in 2011 as the first owner. We are now in the process of selling thi...

Standard Pacific Homes / CalAtlantic Homes — property damage, negligence, health issues

I bought a town home less than a year ago at Cobblestone Pembroke Pines, fl. Under the warranty whirlpool had...

Standard Pacific Homes — driveway construction of new home in ponte vedra, florida

After discovery (1 year and two months) subsequent to the construction of the new home's driveway that the...

Standard Pacific Homes — questionable ethics

My family and I were extremely excited to be building our first home. We had found the ‘perfect’ home in the...