Lennar Homes / Rusted Bathtub

Lennar Homes
League City
League City
Phone: 2815570873
We chose a Lennar home and were fairly happy with our purchase. They compensated us when we woke up to a waterfall in the downstairs den when a nail that had pierced a water pipe upstairs rusted out. It took almost a year and rebricking our bay window to finally realize the flashing was installed upside down. Instead of channeling water away from the house and window, it was channeling it into the wall and inside the house. Mr. Stuart Miller was even aware of the issues we were having! There was discussion that they would purchase our home back from us or move us to another community that was still building.
Within that first year, on one of the many times that the construction manager and a Lennar VP came out, I showed them one of the upstairs bathtubs. It was continually stained. They had the audacity to tell me that I wasn't cleaning it well enough - I had a dirty tub. I was a good customer and said ok and thought maybe I should be doing more. Over the next couple of years, I noticed the surface of the tub was getting thinner and thinner (and I was using the correct cleaners.) Then all of my kids moved out and I started showering in there . I realized that the tub wasn't draining properly. There was always water standing in the tub after a bath or shower. I contacted Lennar since it was very apparent now that the tub was installed incorrectly AND that Mike Crisco (construction manager) and the VP (have to look up his name) didn't take the time to explore the issue or they simply lied to me. At ten years, this tub had a rusted bottom. I haven't resurfaced it or replaced it yet because I think Lennar should!
We should have moved into our house in April 1999 but because of the weather and city permits it was August 1999. They were behind and rushing to get the last few homes on our block finished. They took my dining room fixture and put it in next door so that house could close!
Our forever house has been a fair house maybe even a good house - but we've had lots of issues that Lennar management just swept under the rug. There were issues with our construction manager and the way he ran things and management and ownership didn't right his wrongs.
Jul 20, 2015

N  29th of Jul, 2015 by
I wonder how some of their homes go through inspection. There are no students in alignment with stand requirements. The internal layout seems like it was designed by an amacher, how is it possible to put a cable outlet near a wall where only the bed could go due to a closet on the left side of room, sliding doors in the center and the room door opening into the right side. They use cheep wood for their 2 floor frames. Their workers even know how Lennar cheats the consumer out of what they are buying, no wonder they are the on of the leading builders in America. If you don't know how about homes engineering, I could sincerely suggest you find a quality builder and put your money somewhere you get the quality of what you pay for...

Lennar Corporation Logo Lennar Corporation