Leaders Merchant Services / Shady Business

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

This company overcharged to the tune of 30 extra dollars every month and came up with every fee you could think of. In any case when I tried to use my terminal which worked for about 60% of the time, it no longer worked, even though it ran a ticket number. When I called to cancel the service, they waited 45 days after the signed cancelation to stop charging my acount. I called to ask why my acount had been charged and they told me they have the right by the contract to continue to charge my acount until for up to 30 days after they review the cancel docs. Be aware of these practices.

Ss

Comments

• Me
      26th of Mar, 2010

Frankly I have never dealt with a company that will do business like this, no wonder there is a class lawsuit against them on how they treated their own employees

My experience with Leaders Merchant Services have been a nightmare, yes, they do have a persistent and crafty sales team to get you sign the contract to go with their services, but soon you will find out different kinds of fees mysteriously show up on your statement, some in the fine print of the contract and some are up to the interpretation of the customer service reps you talk to. I was obligated to stay with them for one year, or I would have to pay $250 penalty fee.

Last October, I received a letter from them saying that they would charge a one-time so-called $109 PCI Compliance fee that was not in the contract, I bit the bullet and paid the $250 cancellation fee so I didn't have to deal with them again, nonetheless, they went ahead and charged me $109 saying that they took two weeks to process my cancellation request fax, and the fee hit before they finished processing.

That wasn't over, just yesterday, 4 months after my account closure, I again saw a charge from Leaders for $69.16, a so-called pro-rated PCI Compliance fee automatically billed by their "system". I wouldn't go into all the details of each absurd conversation I have had with their call center.

I just hope you are fortunate enough to read this thread before you sign up with them, and hope all the complaints from other victims will sound an alarm for you. Good luck!