LCBO 2151 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M6N 1K5 / racial discrimination

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I have shopped at this location multiple times only to be mistreated based on my appearance. A cashier by the name of Wendy, who doesn't wear a name tag and her supervisor Vince refused to serve my Sikh fiancé because I had no ID on me. I'm 35 and he is 32 but not only did they refuse service they did it in such a rude and condescending way. Refusing to give her name we finally got it from her supervisor which was just as rude.

After leaving to scour the city for this particular vintage red wine we discovered other locations knew of this supervisor Vince saying he is incredibly rude, unprofessional and problematic.

I returned to get an image of this cashier as there is no real way to file a formal complaint only to find them letting every young white person through without checking ID.

LCBO shouldn't be employing racist staff to discriminate and profile customers.

LCBO 2151 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M6N 1K5
LCBO 2151 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M6N 1K5

Ar
Feb 27, 2018

Comments

• Cp
      14th of Jun, 2018

We are trained on how to deal with these situations, seems someone might not be up to date

• Fi
      23rd of Oct, 2018

@cplcbo Maybe you are right, but if someone wants to see racism, they will see what they want to see. They will miss seeing white people being asked for ID because that is what they want to see.

• Fi
      23rd of Oct, 2018

If you don't have ID, they won't serve you. Nothing racist about what happened to you. Nothing rude about it as well. What was rude was your taking the picture. Also I doubt they were letting young white people go through without checking ID.