Laura Ashley / padstow sofa

Laura Ashley
I bought a Padstow large size sofa (catalogue price £1100). It was delivered November 2008. The seat cushions sag towards the centre.
I complained to a very defensive Customer Service Department and was told by a visiting 'technician' that the sofa met 'specification'. A letter followed, saying that they were 'not responsible' for their sagging sofa and if I wished to pursue the matter further then I could pay an 'Independent Test House' of THEIR choice to submit a report!!!
They can't really loose can they?

A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
I have just had an identical experience with an Avignon dining table and dresser. Gaps you could see daylight through were described as 'in tolerance' by the quality advisor wh0 spent 3 minutes viewing the faults, had no inspection standard and took no measurements. Equally defensive customer service 'supervisor' would do nothing further and said I would have to pay for an independent inspection and said there was nothing further LA would do. I am left paying for substandard furniture, which I now hate every time I look at it. No concept of customer service whatsoever.
N  14th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes, I too have had a terrible experience with curtains and have started a complaint about this. What I found really disgusting was that when I returned the curtains I was told that they meet specification and I had to foot the bill for an independent report, they really win on all fronts don't they? I found the customer service supervisor extremely unhelpful and very ignorant in her manner.
A  10th of Dec, 2009 by
For your information, two other reports of the same situation:

Laura Ashley Logo Laura Ashley