Having problems with Laura Ashley?

+44 333 200 8009 (Customer Service)
+44 333 202 1196 (Ordering Line)
PO Box 19
Sat9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

furniture order

I ordered 1x large two seat sofa, 1x two seater, and 4 dining chairs to match.
The delivery men could not get the large 2 seater through my lounge door. In the process of trying to get the sofa in the door, they damaged the door, the door case and I will also have to have the paint work in my hall redone.
After 8 phone calls to customer services at Laura Ashley, all they would tell me was that I can cancel my order but they will take 25% of my order. They were extremely unhelpful and off hand.
I would advise anyone to go elsewhere. I have been buying furniture at Laura Ashley for 20 years and will not buy there again.
I also would say that their idea of business is more than short sighted. It's the first rule of business that word of mouth is important when dealing with customers. I will be telling friends and family NOT to buy there. Looks like the company is in trouble if this is their attitude, short term, unhelpful, can't think outside the box.

long wait for delivery

Purchased a chair on Feb 1st 2012 - to be told after we paid the £455 that we would be waiting 72 days before delivery !
The assistant added that it would probably come well before this time.
I received a call in April to say it would be end of May - but it would probably arrive well before this date.
I have just rung customer service to be told it will arrive in June - but it would be probably arrive well before !
I think the waiting time is appalling and that they take the full amount from the customer instead of asking for a deposit.
I have never ordered furniture from Laura Ashley before - and I would certainly not order a second time.

• Ap
    AP1466 Jul 17, 2012

I completely agree, we have had exactly the same problem with our furniture order from Laura Ashley. Our order for the Bramley dining set was placed in April and advised it would arrive 06 July 2012 if not before. we're still waiting! Laura Ashley have lied to us on various ocassions about when our order will be delivered, one customer servcie assistant said that they're expreriencing massive problems with the Bramley supplier and that we are not the only customers affected by the delay!! I can not believe that a company like Laura Ashley treat their customers so badly, the people they have working for them (well the one's we have spoken to) do not care a damn that we're not happy, they don't care that we have paid £2000+ 3 months ago and are still waiting for our goods. The only problem is 4 weeks ago I placed another order (£2500+) for bedroom furniture...so I have a long road ahead with Laura Ashley I guess the fight will continure. One things for sure, I will NEVER purchase anything else from them, I will ensure I tell everyone I know not to purchase furniture from them too...

• Ro
    robopop Sep 03, 2012

send email to the C.E.O of Laura Ashley Mr.Kwan Cheong Ng at [email protected]

delay in order, no communication

I bought £1700 worth of furniture and upholstery from laura ashley in january 2012...i was given a guide date of the 4th April for delivery but was assured it may come sooner than that and we would be given weeks of notice to arrange a time and day that would suit us for delivery. It is now the 8th of april and ive just rang them to say, whats going on? ive been told 'by a computer' that delivery will not arrive until the end of may! no communication regarding this delay or why there is a delay. no one available ie manager or supervisor to advise me and no compensation can be given until we receive the items...absolutely outraged. I am now told someone will call me in the next 48 hours to explain!! still wont help my order to be here faster and no compensation. I will never shop there again. I would of made the furniture faster myself!

bramley dining table fell to bits

I bought a Laura Ashley Bramley dining table 3 years ago...this table was very heavy and when moving house...

bad customer service and delivery

I have waited 2 weeks for an order I placed. The first week citilink couldn't find my house but said they had left two cards. I have emailed Laura Ashley 8 times with no reply. I eventually called and after being put on hold twice was told I would be called back. This call was 18 mins at their high call rate.I haven't been called back. I paid £250 for material and £4.50 for postage. I still don't know when I will get my order. I will never use Laura Ashley again. They do not understand about customer service. I don't feel valued and feel ripped off.

strange marks on bookcase

One of the matching Milton bookcases I bought for nearly £1200 has strange hieroglyph-looking markings at the front in the most visible part at the top. Laura Ashley technicians say it is the natural grain of the wood. Readers can judge for themselves from the attached photos. They say that this is mentioned in the care guide, but the customer does not recieve the care guide until the furniture is delivered. We have not seen any marks remotely similar to these on any of the other pieces on display in the stores. The company is adamant that there is no fault and that they will take any further action. Will never buy anything from them again.

• Pa
    Patricia Bayley Jan 07, 2012

That looks terrible. I can completely sympathise. We purchased a Burlington leather sofa that arrived bright orange (yes ORANGE)! When we called to complain they told us it was within the acceptable dye range. The sofa cost £1, 750... I've visited several Laura Ashley stores and their display models are always brown leather when showcasing the Burlington range. When I had them send a replacement it was even more orange than the original. They would not do a swap for their store model - not surprising as it would put customers off. Who would pay £1, 750 for a hideous orange sofa with black marks down it. Photo enclosed!

• Pa
    Patricia Bayley Jan 07, 2012

photo

wallpaper with different batch numbers

I was sold 6 rolls of wallpaper - 4 with one batch number and 2 with another. As this is not my area of...

bed delivery

Hi there,
Myself & girlfriend placed an order for a double bed from the Laura Ashley website and during the process the wrong bed was delivered because of this a new bed would be made and arrive on a new delivery date. Upon arrival of this bed the man who built it snapped the bolts so the bed could not be used we were to wait for new bolts. It seemed that the bolts were not going to materialise due to Beth in Made to Order Departments who was dealing with our order never informing us of the state of our order or returning our phone calls and blatently doing nothing to help us regarding our issues so I phoned the Laura Ashley head office [protected]) at which point our issues started to become resolved as Beth was no longer handling our order. A third bed was made and delivered 55 days from the original delivery date!!

That's 55 days sleeping on the sofa. A £50 gift voucher was given at the end of all of this for our troubles and our bolts turned up in November after a replacement bed had been delivered.

DO NOT ORDER FROM LAURA ASHLEY EVER!!!

During this process I began taking notes of the process after I started to realise that the situation was becoming a problem and the girl Beth from the Made to Order customer services was not doing her job at all (Bit of a read but gives an idea of how badly it was dealt with).

22.07.2011 - Original order is placed for new bed

10.08.2011 - Old Bed taken away awaiting arrival of new bed

12.08.2011 - The Bed arrives on time although the wrong bed is delivered, it was ordered in black but a white bed arrived. Tried calling the delivery driver to see where I stood - no answer.

Called the store: was kept on hold and transferred to 2 departments to be told i would have to wait for a completely new bed to be made. No apology was offered at this time. I also informed Laura Ashley at this time that i had a new telephone number.

Several other calls to Laura Ashley were made inquiries about a date for the new bed, no date given, and they still had incorrect details in order to contact me on. I have been told on numerous occasions now i am unable to make a complaint until the bed has delivered.

Yet another call - a delivery date is given. Laura Ashley have still not updated their records with a correct contact number so if they required contacting me they would still be unable to.

31.08.2011 - Correct bed is delivered on the new delivery date. The delivery men broke the bolts whilst assembling. Not able to use the new bed. Called Laura Ashley and they explained that the bolts will be posted to me within a few days, Customer service operator is to call back with more information. No call back was received.

Due to the continual telephone calls to laura Ashley when my telephone bill was received it was extremely high.

31.08.2011 - 20 days from original delivery date

Still sleeping on the sofa as the bed is unfit to sleep on.

08.09.2011 - Still yet to receive the bolts, no telephone call has been received explaining the situation. Called Laura Ashley - spent over ten minutes waiting, finally spoke to the correct department. Asked to call me back as i could not afford the telephone calls. Spoke to a customer service assistant, who informed me i would have to wait yet another week for the bolts. Also informed i am able to make a complaint without having to await the arrival of the bolts.

19.09.2011 - Still no bolts have arrived - Yet another telephone call to Laura Ashley was placed, I'm informed by Beth in Made to Order Department that I will receive a call back later today if not tomorrow regarding the status of the bolts to be sent.

15:00:00 - 20.09.2011 - After making a call to Beth as once again no call had been received regarding the bolts it was explained the quality team are showing a date of the 30.09.2011 for delivery of the bolts although I should expect arrival before the 30th, realistically the end of the week, Friday being 23.09.2011. I should also receive a phone call with a more accurate date prior to their arrival of the bolts.

20.09.2011 - 39 days from original delivery date

09:05:00 - 27.09.2011 - After once again receiving no phone call on an update on the arrival time for the bolts I placed a phone call and a lady called Jane said that Laura Ashley are unable to source the bolts and its showing that a replacement bed is going to be sent although no date was given by Jane at this time. My name and mobile number were taken again. Beth was again supposed to call me back but failed to.

27.09.2011 - 46 days from original delivery date

27.09.2011 - Contacted Head Office on [protected]: Spoke to a lady on reception outlined the length of time the problem has gone on & explained during the process at no point have customer support phoned back when they have said they would do. I'm told that someone senior from customer services will be told to call within the next 3 days in order to deal with this matter and she has not known the call never to be returned. If I haven't heard anything in 3 days call back to report this matter.

15:45 - Contacted Laura Ashley Customer Support as I've yet to receive a phone call from beth and was holding out little hope of receiving one. Beth mentioned the new bed which Jane had briefly spoke to me about this morning. I asked about the bolts and was told that they cant source them so a new bed has been ordered. I was informed that this information was available to them last week which begs the question why I had to make the phone call at 9:00 am Tuesday morning before Beth had even considered phoning. A date of mid-October was again given although they are trying to get this brought forward and I will be called with an accurate date when they have one.

17:10 - Spoke to a lady called Abby from the senior management team give a basic overview of the situation we have been through with the bed so far. Particularly the customer support we have received. Abby was apologetic and explained that it will be handled by herself from this point onwards as so far it has been handled very poorly. Again told that mid-October date is expected at the moment but are trying to get an improved date and will be called with this as soon as they know.

28.08.2011 - Bed has been delivered to Laura Ashley waiting for a dispatch date

03.09.2011 - Called Abby saying a dispatch date of Thursday is showing or alternately Saturday if thats no good.

04.10.2011 - Spoke to Abby to confirm that the Bed will arrive on Thursday 06.10.2011 and that is still going ahead.

06.10.2011 - 55 days days from original delivery date (How long I have been sleeping on the sofa while the bed is made)

lack of customer service

I purhased a £350+ Frankie rug from Laura Ashkley approximately 8 weeks ago, since purchase is has been shedding the wool. It is in part of the house that doesnt have much traffic and I have not hoovered it with it being a shaggy rug. I have called customer services today and have been appalled by their attitude, they were dismissive, rude and completely unaccommodating. On the website it dos not state anything to do with the fact the rug will shed etc and thats the line Lauras Ashley customer services department are taking "its a natural rug therefore it will shed" when I queried abut the fact that it doesnt state that anywhere on their website so I felt I had been misold an item there comment was "we have not misold you this item and I dont know whether it states that on our website". When I asked for the girls full name she fliipently said "we dont have to give our surname", funny that !!! Well we are seeking legal advice to get our money back. PLEASE DONT EXPECT CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM LAURA ASHLEY CUSTOMER SERVICES !!

• Am
    ambam Aug 08, 2011

We have also had the same complaint. In our case Laura Ashley dude at least take our rug away to be tested however it was eventually returned out of the blue with a rather blunt letter stating there was no fault with the rug and that it was stated object the label that it would shed 'some' fibres. some we could have coped with but not this many! the rug is now rolled up absolutely useless... what a waste of over £350!

quality of cushions

we purchased 2 sofa;s from laura ashley which were delivered on the 18th november 2010 we quickly descovered the cushions pads were total rubbish i have never had such uncomfortable cushion on a sofa before we complained to laura ashley they sent out an indepent technician who said they reached the required wieght etc and that we needed to remove the pads from the leather cover and tease it into shape having had leather furniture most of my married life i have never heard such a story we did as they suggested but this did not make the slightest bit of differance they were still just the same we could not sit on them due to the lumpy condition the name of these very uncomfortable sofa, s abingdon they look very nice but that is where it end, s i have bought so much in the last year i am extremely disappointed with laura ashley, s customer service there attitude stinks we have at our own expence had a company put in new in pad, s we have now got cushions that we can sit on laura ashley need to check on marks and spencers sofa, s which we have which has much better cushion, s moral of this story do not by laura ashley abingdon sofa, s or any other item because there after sales is dreadful

anne sylvester Apr 24, 2012

we also have a sofa. complaint. We had to send a cushion back, which had the weight tested, althiough I had said I thought it was the springs. According to them the cushion was okay. After further complaints they sent out their technician, who stated the springs could have some insulation put on. After waiting 5 weeks, 4 months since first contacting them, today a package was delivered. I was totally amazed. It was a piece of calico, attached at the bottom with fabric. I cannot quite see how this is going to stop my springs poking up. The technician is coming May 1st, so watch this space. So far I am absolutely discussed with the response., from laura ashley.

• Li
    Liz Hall Aug 23, 2012

I have a similar complaint with our Kingston Suite. I think it's our cushions, they were sent off to be weighed and we were told it was our fault for not plumping them up properly. I dealt with a very rude woman in customer services. I too am disgusted with Laura Ashley! I'm not willing to accept this and not sure what to do next. Any advice?

• Mr
    Mrs Sheila Byron Feb 26, 2014

I purchased 2 Burgess sofas I am not happy with the back cushions, I have to plump them up everyday, sometimes twice a day. Someone from Laura Ashley came and weighed the cushions, this seems to be the norm. I was told they weighed what they should. I would not of bought the sofa, s if I knew they was going to have to be plumped up everyday . I am very disappointed with my purchase.

shoddy goods

Having had issues with Laura Ashley delivery in the past i was reluctant to accept a gift voucher in compensation from them - however accept it i did which forced me to either give it away (and burden someone else with their poor quality goods and customer service) or use it myself
i purchased 3 cushions, one of which was a large knitted wollen affair, after 12 weeks the thread is unravelling and the wool has a sort of webbed effect where the fibres are meshing together, altogether very unattractive and nothing like the product i (or rather they!!) paid £45 for
On returning the cushion they said they had to return it to their head office as "no-one else has had a problem with this item" which infuriated me even more, i reluctantly agreed to them sending it off "for anything up to 12 weeks" presumably for them to be able to say that their goods are not faulty as their own testers had examined them under Laura Ashley standards. I have never heard of anything so unsatisfactory - its like the conservative party investigating david cameron - theyre hardly going to say there is a problem are they.
so good people im asking what are my rights here as i know exactly what the outcome will be in 12 weeks time - can i demand a refund as i certainly dont want a replacement from this company or do i just go away and eat worms.

late delivery

Laura Ashley advertise their Modern Home Furniture range as rapid delivery. The problem was it took over 2 weeks to arrive!

shoddy goods avoiding responsiblity

• Ka
    katykitten Nov 09, 2010

purchased a woollen cushion at a cost of £45 12 weeks ago, fabric now looking shoddy and worn out - returned to store who returned to Laura Ashley Testing Department and suprise suprise they say its normal for a cushion of 12 weeks use to look shoddy and worn out! i have had issues with this company before, my mum bought a duvet cover washed it once and it looked like a rag - Laura Ashley said it was "fair wear and tear" and so my mum (78 years of age) didnt persue it - i will not be doing the same, i intend to persue this through trading standards as its totally unacceptable to have goods of such poor quality

sofa unacceptable quality

I bought 2 Hertford sofas = Dec. 2009 arrived, 2 weeks later fabric fading from pressure on seating. Filler...

extremely bad customer services

had the misfortune to purchase a Kingston sofa from Laura Ashley, it was unwrapped my the the deliverey people in the street and brought in the house.The whole thing had obviously been shrink wrapped causing deep creases all over, particulary on the arms and what appeared to be oil marks on the front and sides.Photographs were taken and Laura Ashley contacted. Obviously this company doesn, t understand the concept of Customer Service and the contempt it has for its customers is disgusting they just don, t dony want to know, they are almost impossible to contact by phone and won, t respond to your emails, this has been going on for a month now and I am just in the process of instigating court proceedings, I would urge everyone to think twice before giving this company any business

• Ji
    Jill Ellis Nov 09, 2011

I agree completely. The company offer no customer service. I too will instigate court proceedings as a matter of principle if my issue is not resolved in my favour.

returns and refunds

I bought a wall mirror on bank holiday saturday for the daughters birthday and i paid cash £189, after they took my money they then said it would take eleven weeks for delivery, so we decided to show the daughter the mirror on the computer and she did not like it.I read the receipt and it said to take it back to the shop you bought it from within 48 hours for a full refund which i did, they told me i could not do that i had to phone head office and cancel the order, but head office was closed for the bank holiday so i phoned up at eight o clock on the tuesday and cancelled it then they told me to go back to the store where i purchased it for the refund, so iwent back to the shop and i was told there was not enough money in the till as it had been taken to the bank that morning, i asked if they could put in my bank account with my debit card they said yes which they did there and then.On the friday laura ashleys finance department phoned and said they were not allowed to refund with my debit card it was company policy to refund by cheque which will take three weeks its an absolute joke i will never ever buy anything else from laura ashley friends and family feel the same way.

poor quality sofa

Having spent good money on Laura Ashley's Kingston Sofa and a matching arm chair, in Caitlin velvet...

faulty goods

I booked a Design Service with Laura Ashley 2 years ago for approx £200, the deal (in writing) was that...

Chester Furniture

damaged sofa

I bought a leather 2 seater sofa from Laura Ashley two years ago. It was a display model and bought as seen. Fair enough I thought, buying from Laura Ashley is buying quality. Even with discounts it was just over £800 worth of beautiful leather sofa. The sofa looked great in our new lounge in the new house that my daughter and I had just moved into.
Now, 2 years down the line, in November 2009, we were sitting on said sofa when it slumped down at one side. When we looked the basic wooden frame had collapsed and the springs had popped up on the seat on that side. I was horrified as there was no way I could afford repairs!
I wrote to customer services regarding the problem and after a month they replied asking for more details. I couldnt find the receipt so they asked for evidence on the bank statement... duly sent. Another month passes... they couldnt find the entire thread of communications... asking for photgraphs next, I thought we were getting somewhere... the gentleman replied..
'its obvious you are having disappointing issues with your sofa.. I will refer on to relevant department. (We are still in the meantime unable to use said sofa)
Another month passes... 3 e mails from me asking for progress... finally a reply today...
'there is no evidence of any issues that existed with the product at the time that the purchase was made and as ex display are sold as seen such records are particularly important in these situation'
So here I am.. lumbered with an £815 leather sofa that I cannot use and a very bitter taste in my mouth... a repair would have been great, I wasnt expecting a new one!!
Laura Ashley need to look into their customer relations .. I was under the impression that I was buying quality.. well I wont be shopping there again!!

poor product

About 3 months ago I puchased 2 Bluma Pendants from Laura Ashley, £175 each. Each pendant holds 3 bulbs. Both pendants had to be changed twice because at least one bulb was not working in each pendant. Each time costing me the price of an electrician returning. I have had them a couple of months and I noticed that one bulb was out in one of them. I changed the bulb but it seems to be the same fault. The bulb is not making full contact with it's casing. I have emailed Laura Ashley twice and telephoned twice. I am still waiting for someone to respond. Great customer service. If I can avoid it, I shall not purchase anything from them again. At least not anything electrical.

• Di
    Dispair Jan 17, 2012

I have also purchased a ight from Laura Ashley which is off terrible quality, I purchased online after seeing it lit high in the showroom celing, it wa £275.00 and in the sale £192.00, I assumed for this money the parts to the light would be good quality metal and glass / crystal but the metal was cheap and poor quality and the droplets made from plastic, it was ok when on but looked awful when off as you looked up the stairs, it looked more like it had been purchased from a pound shop than the supposed pertigious Laura Ashley . I called them but they were very unhelpful and refused a refund, i have contacted Consumer Direct who have told me my clear rights . I get a seven day cooling off period from the date the goods arrived and even if the light has been hung it can still be returned. I have been waiting for someone at Laura Ashley to return my calls . Meanwhile I have had to send a recorded delivery letter to try and get a refund. I worked for Laura Ashley for many years and we did pride ourselves on fantastic quality and great customer service but clearly those days are gone.
    I think I am most angry that Laura Ashley had the cheeck to charge this alarming abount of money for a load of plastic ... the light must have cost all of five pound to make and now I am in an argument to get back the money paid out . I will never use Laura Ashley again as I have lost all trust in them now.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices