Lane Furniture / dangerous to children

United States Review updated:

In October 2006 we purchased a Lane dual reclining sofa (the ends recline and the center is stationary) from a local dealer.

Within 6 months we had to have repairs done(I plan to visit the dealer for the exact dates). It has been giving us major problems again. Both sides are pulling apart from the sofa and on one side (between the reclining section and center)there is a gap large enough for a small child to become trapped.

We have a two year old grandson who gets his foot caught unless we stuff something in between the sections such as towels.

This morning (3.36.2010)I emailed Lane Furniture telling them I wanted to submit photo's and a complaint. When I got a response several hours later I was told they could not help me and to contact my local "techs". Words can't explain my anger.

I was not given the contact information (address) I had requested.

Ca

Comments

• Am
      14th of Jun, 2015

I had a similar thing.My 86 yr old mom, bought a Lane Double recliner, and when she gets up, from a recline postioon.the whole couch tips forward, due to the supports of te couch being too far back on the frame of the couch.I had what I THOUGHT was a nice conversation going w/B., but she kept asking for pictures, and copies of the bill of sales{which I sent} and then MORE pictures, and this and that.I just tonight sent her a farewell letter.NEVER BUY A LANE product again! Ever!