Ladbrokes Betting & Gaming / ladbrokes false advertising

1 United Kingdom

I was attracted to a Ladbrokes advert which appeared when I opened my Racing Post App on the morning of 21/06/18 which was advertising a promotion that a free £10 bet would be given for each of the 5 races after the first (2.30) at Ascot on 21/06/18 if customers opened a new account with the promo code CARD and placed a £20 stake on the opening race (2.30pm). I subsequently opened a new Ladbrokes account, deposited £20 using the promo code CARD and proceeded to place a £20 stake on the first race at Ascot (2.30). I did not receive the free bets on any of the following races and despite numerous attempts to contact you, your customer service team have been truly terrible and I have had to resort to lodging a formal complaint. You are clearly in breach of advertising standards and you have clearly misled me into buying your products/services with false promises of free bets. I therefore request a full refund of the £20 which I deposited with you as this has been obtained by yourselves through deception.

Ls