La Quinta Inns & Suites / poor quality and deplorable customer service

I've never written a review on a hotel before, but this experience was so awful that it would be a disservice not to let other people know about it. Please don't waste your money. It took 30 minutes yesterday to get checked-in. When we got to the room, it was dusty and smelled. The alarm clock was blaring. We called the front desk in the morning for extra coffee and cups since we ran out. The woman at the front desk literally interrupted me, cut me off, and directed me to actually leave my room and FIND a housekeeper to help me. The front desk couldn't be bothered to even hear from a guest or help. The level of unprofessionalism and overt rudeness here is just shocking. Maybe don't be in the hospitality business. Also, the room next to us was loud all night with dogs barking, so we got no sleep. Pay more to go somewhere else is our advice. Really poor customer service here. We left to go find a housekeeper, couldn't find anyone, and have been waiting over an hour for help becuase we can't find a housekeeper and the front desk won't help. We are staying at the Carter Lake, Iowa location. We are disgusted.

Pa