LA Fitness International / personal training sessions

1 4223 Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton, AB, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I signed up for 6-months of personal training sessions. I paid $252.00 per monthly (totaling $1, 512.00) which worked out to be 1 session a week, plus 2 bonus sessions. I was placed with a trainer who was able to help with mobility issues, so going to another random, inexperienced trainer didn't seem like a smart option in my mind. Due to scheduling conflicts, vacations, and life, between BOTH my trainer and myself, at the end of the 6 months - I had 12 sessions left over. Which I had every intention of using. Except they apparently expire after you end your contract. (I had written a letter, asking that I was able to use my sessions, with no more monthly payments - why would I continue to pay when I've already dropped $1, 500 and still have sessions remaining) They said everything was taken care of and there was no expiry date issued when I had originally sent in the extension request (October 2018). Now, December 4th, they are giving me until January 1st, 2019. Keep in mind they are closed a few days over the holidays. The trainer I was using only works Monday-Thursday and not available during a convenient time for myself (I am a single mom, my daughter has bedtime at 7pm during school nights) and I am away for two weeks on Christmas vacation starting December 18, 2018.

I don't know what kind of free time most parents have, but 12 sessions in 20 days is impossible. I've also mysteriously lost 3-5 sessions. My trainer has record of them via screenshots, going from 15, down to 11 sessions now. I've paid $1, 500+, lost 12 sessions. So I see two options available; allow me to use the 12 sessions (which is preferred) or I will take a refund of 3 months.

Ol