LA Fitness / fraudulent contract with a minor

1 Federal Way, WA, United States Review updated:

I had been a member of La Fitness for just a little over a year, when i decided to add my 14 yo son on a " friends and family" membership. about a week into his membership, he began to be harrassed by one of the trainers, urging him to sign up for training sessions. I told them both "NO"; for 2 reasons : 1) I didnt have an extra $100 a month to fork out and 2) I still had 27 UNUSED/ PAID FOR sessions from when I had a training contract. I asked them it would be possible for my son top just used the sessions I had already paid for, for him to use and they said "yes".
So roughly a month later, I'm browsing over my bank statements and noticed 2 large withdrawals that were paid out to La Fitness. I call the company and ask them what they are for and they proceed to tell me my son was signed up for a 12 month contract for training! This was definitely an illegal and negligent action on the part of La Fitness. Its' been 2months and i'm still trying to retrieve a refund from the company.

Comments

• Sl
      16th of Dec, 2012

i received a phone call for a friend...his membership was past due and i was on the contacts. i knew his situation, so i asked him to charge my card for the month. The woman asked if she should change the billing info to my card and i told her absolutely not. one month later I was charged AGAIN. When I phoned, the woman told me that she took the call and her notes said I had authorized the billing be charged to my credit card. I told her that was incorrect...and asked to speak to a manager. She told me I was incorrect and she was the manager. If I took my credit card off the account, the membership would be cancelled. I asked her not to cancel until I spoke with my friend so he could take care of problem... what did they do. cancelled the membership. LA Fitness sucks and I'm not even a member.