LA Fitness / cancellation

1 Everett, WA, United States Review updated:

I tried to cancel my LA Fitness membership in February and they said that the branch can't do it you have to go online and print and send the form. I did that, I did it again after having the same conversation in March and April. Now I am on to May and still going to download my 4th cancellation form. The manager said I can have them cancel it now becuse of everything but that I will have pay for the next 2 months because of the billing cycles and the advanced bill oh and they still want to pay for the April charges too that were reversed by mastercard when I filed a dispute. I complained and the nice man at the counter called me a c*^t. So I have a bill, a membership I don't want and can't cancel and no way out of it. I do not recommend LA fitness to anyone.

Comments

4th of Apr, 2009

My 14 year old daughter and I joined LA Fitness last summer. We even signed up for the personal trainer. Because of my health problumes the trainer was afraid to have me do anything, so I cancelled the trainer. Everytime I went in they keeped a close eye on me and said if I use another location I needed to tell them so they counld call them so they could keep an eye on me. I didn't feel conferatable with them watching me every min that I was there, so I stoped going. a few months ago I tried to cancelle. I got the form for both of use and send it in with a note do not charge me anymore. They were able to charge me one more time and I did not say anything. Becasue of the washington / Chase change over my card has a timp freese on it and they can not charge my account. So they are now calleding me 2 to 3 times a day everyday. They are putting my health in more jepardy now. I am trying everything to stop the calls and stop the charges. I don't want to bring them to court, but will if I have to. I now know that I have a long battle on my hands. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

• De
      10th of Sep, 2009

i agree with all the complaints ive heard, im trying to get out of paying $1600 for 5 months of sessions im not going to use. when i signed up i was not informed properly of even the bacis of the contract, i had asked them if i could cancel any time they said and i quote, "yes and you can also freeze your account if anything happens and you can't afford it at that moment you wont be build for say up to six months and when you come back you can start again". they completely skiped my question and whent into something else. i never heard it would cost 50% of how many months you signed up for, and even if you don't want 50% of the sessions you have to pay for when you cancel "their there for you". we were miss imformed of this and now we are trying to get help to stop their awful customer service and shady bussiness habbits. how can they do this with us good people who are Manipulated into these things and not told anything.?

• Ni
      27th of Sep, 2009

Cancellation is simple

1. Walk into your local LA Fitness and pick up the form, or go online, no questions asked, and mail it in 10 days prior to your next billing (why? So they have time to stop the auto eft) It's self addressed and ready to go

2. You'll receive an email within 5-7 days confirming its cancelled

3. Your done

• La
      2nd of Feb, 2011

I am disputing charges made to my credit card for the period lasting from February 2010 through October 2010. Here is my story. I visited my local LA Fitness (Mound Rd Warren, MI 48092) on 2152010 to tour the facility thinking of joining. I was met by a male trainer named Gale who showed me around the facility. I was not ready to join this facility, I meerly wanted a tour to compare it to other local gyms in my area. However, after my tour, I sat down with Gale to discuss contract terms. Gale did convince me to leave a $60 deposit towards a membership at this facility. The charge was placed on my credit card on this date (2/15/10). After re-thinking my decision the next day I called to leave a message tfor Gale to cancel my membership because I was going to join a less expensive gym in the area. I was told by the person who answered the phone that they would relay this message to him when he arrived for his shift. I made a follow up call that same evening to Gale to verify that he received my request to cancel my membership and to be sure to cancel the charge on my credit card, Gale verified this with me over the phone. He assured my my account would be cancelled and my credit card not be charged.

Upon reviewing my credit card bills for October 2010, I noticed a charge from LA Fitness for membership dues of $34.99. This caused me to review all of my prior statements, to my surprise I was being charged a monthly fee of $34.99 each month starting in March 2010, as well as a charge for a $60.00 down payment in February. There is also an additional charge of $85.00 on my card for LA Fitness and I don’t know what caused this charge to appear. Also, the auto-billing process from the months of October and November caused us to go into an over-limit with our credit card company, therefore causing additional charges against myself. I did call LA Fitness Corporate and spoke with a young lady named Brooke, who did assist us in receiving a credit of $174.95. After reviewing all of the fees I was charged by LA Fitness, I paid a total of $533.60 (this includes 2 over limit charges of $143.69). This leaves a balance of $358.65 which is owed to me by LA Fitness.

I am very upset with my overall experience with my visit to LA Fitness. I was verbally told by your salesman that I would not be charged and that my account would be cancelled that day. The problem with your staff is that they refuse to take NO for an answer. I was never issued a membership card, nor have I ever enter your facility since 2/15/2010.