LA Fitness / awful place

LA Fitness
My complaint is probably a common one, but it is about the personal training staff, and greeters at LA Fitness. The last time I checked, when a customer comes in to your place of business, you are to be greeted. When I walked in, there were two grumpy middle-aged women, who would probably die before they could utter the word 'hello, ' or even worse 'how are you today?' Then there are the personal trainers.

When I signed up for the gym, I was encouraged to sign up for my 'free' fitness assessment. The word free couldn't be further from the truth. From the moment I met my trainer/sales person, I was immediately pushed to sign up for personal training. I had to use their BMI device, and was told to immediately hand the device over to them when the numbers show up.

My personal opinion was that they bump up those numbers before telling you what they are. This way you'll think you're in worse shape, and be more inclined to sign up. My fitness assessment lasted 45 minutes, 30 of those were spent being pitched certain training packages. Finally, I'd had enough and told the trainer that this wasn't for me.

The next day I came in, and right in the middle of my workout, I was once again approached by the personal trainer, and pitched to sign up again. I guess no, no longer means no? This is a great gym. The atmosphere is good and the equipment is current. Just make sure to stay away from the personal trainers. They're obnoxious. Especially DREW.

A  5th of May, 2009 by
I completely agree with the above. Personal trainers there are trained to persuade you into signing up for classes. oh and guess what, they have a special this week, only 25 dollars per session, which is 99.9% off the regular price. I mean my god they just wouldn't stop annoying me and try to get me to sign up.
Even when I brought my brother in for a 1 week free trial membership, we spent 30 minutes just trying to tell the dude that we only want to try the place out for a week, and then we will decide to pay or not. that's that the coupon said, but after being annoyed every 2 monutes and pushed to signup my brother into a full membership, we abandoned this "free" 1 week of triaining.
the bottom line is its a good gym but stay away from the staff and personal trainers who try to suck monry out of you. Just say NO . its not rude, its straightforward "NO get away from me please"
A  14th of May, 2010 by
I have been a La fitness member for over ten years. I ignore them (Trainers) when any of them try to talk to me. I know I few poeple where it didn't go so well. Refering to other complaints Listed to this board and for them personaly. I all so noticed at the club that I do workout alot at. That the sales and trainers come and out about every 90 days. I have some try to talk to last Dec. and by the end of March they are gone. And as of this writing. I noticed this one trainer that made it a habit to shake almost everybodys hand and talk to members is now nowhere to be seen. I noticed this person The first of April now as of this date May 14, 2010 I haven't seen this person for a week. I also agree about the personnel at the front desk. Most of them act as if they could careless that you walk thur the door. I noticed that if they do treat some members with smiles and good day or how are you doing? However when I go they Am lucky if I get the time of day. I aslo belong to 24 hour fitness the personnel there Greet everyone with a smile and call everyone by their first name and even tell you to enjoy your workout and the trainer over don't bother me there as well. I been a member of 24 Hour Fitness sice 1993. La fitness the first time 1994 to 1999 . Now 1999 to present In 1999 I let my membership Lapse for 3 months.

LA Fitness International Logo LA Fitness International