LA Fitness / awful place
My complaint is probably a common one, but it is about the personal training staff, and greeters at LA Fitness. The last time I checked, when a customer comes in to your place of business, you are to be greeted. When I walked in, there were two grumpy middle-aged women, who would probably die before they could utter the word 'hello, ' or even worse 'how are you today?' Then there are the personal trainers.
When I signed up for the gym, I was encouraged to sign up for my 'free' fitness assessment. The word free couldn't be further from the truth. From the moment I met my trainer/sales person, I was immediately pushed to sign up for personal training. I had to use their BMI device, and was told to immediately hand the device over to them when the numbers show up.
My personal opinion was that they bump up those numbers before telling you what they are. This way you'll think you're in worse shape, and be more inclined to sign up. My fitness assessment lasted 45 minutes, 30 of those were spent being pitched certain training packages. Finally, I'd had enough and told the trainer that this wasn't for me.
The next day I came in, and right in the middle of my workout, I was once again approached by the personal trainer, and pitched to sign up again. I guess no, no longer means no? This is a great gym. The atmosphere is good and the equipment is current. Just make sure to stay away from the personal trainers. They're obnoxious. Especially DREW.
More LA Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LA Fitness - confessions of a former la fitness employee 
- LA Fitness - la fitness membership cancellation cheating! 
- LA Fitness - inappropriate behavior at la fitness! 
- Lafitness-Personal Training - misleading/scam 
- LA Fitness - swimming pool 
- LA Fitness - membership services (lack of)
- LA Fitness International - member service
- LA Fitness International - customer service
- LA Fitness International - theft at la fitness
- LA Fitness International - service