KSRTC / Poor reservation & cancellation!
KSRTC (Karnataka) is minting money, unlike any other transport companies across the country. Their bus charges are very high. For a distance of 380 KM, the neighboring state RTC (APSRTC) charges around Rs 210, while KSRTC charges Rs 250 for the same distance. It seems KSRTC is making multiple crores of rupess by increasing bus fare by 10 per every 100 as insurance charges while the claims for the same by the customers are quite rare. And even BMTC fares in Bangalore are very high.
And coming back to the actual complaint, the reservation cancellation system is very shady. We had made one reservation for traveling at night 11 PM on sunday (09/03). As we had to go to a different location suddenly, we went for cancellation at 5 PM on sunday. But the reservation counter declined to cancel the ticket as the bus starting point is different, and it starts by 4 PM itself so the ticket can't be canceled. This is ridiculous. How should the passenger know the starting point of the bus? He is most interested when he can board the bus. And there are no proper details about the cancellation timelines wrt the departure any ware - not even behind the ticket. Unnecessarily we need to forego the ticket, losing close to Rs 400.00. There are many such cases, one more of minting money.
And the reservation charges are also high - Rs 15 per head, it is very exorbitant. Hope KSRTC comes down from the money-greeding-stance to make public transport better and affordable.
More KSRTC Complaints & Reviews
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation - KSRTC - No refund received! 
- KSRTC - refund not received 
- KSRTC / Online Booking - Money debited twice from my account 
- KSRTC Airavat Volvo - Bangalore to Tirupati Airavat Volvo 
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation / KSRTC - Booking failed but money debited from account! 
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] - rash driving ka 27 f 703
- KSRTC - regarding rude behaviour and cheating of conductor and driver of ksrtc bus tumkur to sira bus no : ka 06 f 0809.
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] - conductor is rude 
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation [KSRTC] - conductor and driver behaviour 
- KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation) - ksrtc rash driving and colliding with vehicle