Krystal International Vacation Club / Fraudulent sales practices

I and my husband, on July, 05, 2010 had been trapped of fraudulent Krystal International Vacation Club.
When we and our son got thru customers in Cancun, we were surrounded by many people who wants to drive us to our resort. We agree go with one of driver who works for Krystal Resort. He make us to come for 75 minutes presentation, but extended to over 3 hours. Mr Rafael Spiting introduced himself as one of partners of Krystal Resort.
He was very charming and smooth, fast talking and full of knowledge how to make money of rental.
We expressed to Rafael Spiting that we were not interested in purchasing into the Club Vacation because we have already Horizon of Marriott Timeshare and we can’t have second. After continuous decline, he wrote on Rental Application Form that would make for 3 years rental $26, 600 even end of 2010 would make $10, 000 and will buy my Horizon Timeshare for $18, 000. Mr Rafael repeats many times that rental is GUARANTEED. He gave us “False Contract” as investment with his signature that show for 3 years rental. We believed his Guaranteed Rental Program is true.

When we came back to United State I contact him by e-mail regarding the rental, never got answer. When I e-mail with question about rent to Quality Assurance, Martha Gonzalez answered that the contract that signed out not promised any rental. Basically this contract # CHCC 9233 that we signed and another “contract” was built on lies, and it was presented to us as NOT Time Share but was presented exclusively as a property investment with high profit returns.
After 3 hours lies by Mr Rafael Spiting he made us tried and stupid and he succeeded because we signed the contract that didn’t have any promise that he spoke about it to us.
As a consumer we have right to receive sufficient and truthful information about the product acquired
(articles 32, 33 & 34 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law of Mexico). The Krystal Club purposely
Misrepresented their product.

Finally, we decided to talk about Krystal International Vacation Club sales tactics are intentional, unethical, fraudulent, deceitfully and misleading, this type of action is illegal every where as possible.
We are still seeking to be our funds reversed to my credit card and the whole contract #CHCC-9233 totaling amount #10.205 be is cancelled and voided.

Li

Comments

5th of Aug, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back