Kroger / kroger gift card fraud

I purchased a Kroger Gift Card on September 11th for the amount of $50 from store 316 8 8 110. This card was for a friend, who was a victim of hurricane Harvey. She was given the card 2 weeks after and decided to use it on November 13. She was informed card remaining balance was $1.79. She contacted customer service on gift card and was informed card was used on September 12 in another area and there was nothing they could do to help her. The card was in my possession on September 12 and was sealed in an envelope, so this clearly shows someone stole the card number and was able to use it. I contacted customer service again today, since I'm the person that purchased the gift card. After waiting for 30 minutes on the phone, I received the same response and was not offered any solution. It's very unfortunate that your store has no plan in place for fraud victims and your store supports this by not offering any assistance to your customer. Your store and the thief can keep those $50 since you just lost a customer who shops at Kroger 3-4 times a week. I will no longer shop at ANY Kroger ever again.

Br