Kroger

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 by

employee

I went through the self check out lane at Kroger in Jeffersonville off 10th street. I had 9 cans of baby formula and 4 packs of baby wipes. I am a WIC costumer, I processed to use my wic card when it showed it was not accepting my purchase. They moved my order to the end of the lane to have an employee help me. She informed me I had grabbed the wrong kind of formula. So she took all items from my cart, which again were 9 cans of formula and 4 things of baby wipes. I take my cart to go get the correct 9 cans of formula. When I return she tells me she was only able to void 7 cans of formula and I had rang up 9. She asked me where the other 2 cans where I told her I didn't know considering she took all the bags I had. She then proceeds to grab my purse and ask if they were in there. I told her no? But she continued to look through my personal belongings. I noticed she had sat one of my bags on the floor and there lied the other 2 cans of formula. I am very upset with the manner of this woman going through my personal things and accusing me of stealing when it was her error to check all the bags she had taken from my cart. I told a manger and even had a witness who was behind me in line say she witnessed the whole incident. I was given a $30 gift card but I do not feel this is appropriate for the situation that happened to me. I will not be returning to that Kroger ever again. I have been a valid costumer for the past 6 months and I shop there weekly.
Complaint comments Comments (20)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees

Comments

D  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +3 Votes
You got a $30 gift card and are upset? Did you get an apology?
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@SubSquirrel Wouldn’t you be upset if someone accused you of stealing? And also going thru your purse ?? I find it funny everyone has a rude remark to say, but it didn’t happen to you so you wouldn’t understand obviously. $30 doesn’t make up for someone doing that.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@MichelIeober Dang your a salty ole thing.
N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Lindseyschwartz And you Lindsey are vile vermin. Those who have children they cannot afford to feed are the most terrible abusive people in the world.
N  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@RandyK56 I'm going to assume your trolling because that is a ridiculous exaggeration. The "most terrible abusive people in the world." Really.
@pobarjenkins *you're
N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@pobarjenkins Thank you. I seem to have offended some people and I’m not really sure why? No one knows me, or that I do in fact work. Part time. So yes being a single parent to two children I get help from WIC. I pay taxes so I don’t see this being an issue. But I suppose to some people I’m an abuser. That’s funny considering so many parents don’t take care of their children, use drugs, choose other things. But heaven forbid I need a little extra help. At least I make sure my children are being fed, so if that makes me trash so be it. You’ll are horrible people for judging someone you don’t even know. All over a post ... which is a complaint site. Again, I will state not a harassment site.
D  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
I'd not let anyone grab my purse off my shoulder, nevermind look through it. Why you bring up your job as a costumer is over ny head. OH, did you mean CUSTOMER? She made an error. They corrected it and gave you thirty bucks. If you're on WIC, you're struggling with money, so what they did was help you out. Either you looked like a criminal (shifty eyes, nervous manner) or they had a preconceived notion based on race, manner of dress or previous experience with you. I'd not like being accused but I'd want an apology, nothing more.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Oh, Ms. Schwartz. It's almost Hanukkah and any Shul will gladly help you out. They'll give food, toys, diapers, formula and more. Provided you aren't scamming the Welfare system, of course. Call your closest Jewish Federation office or Jewish Family Service. They raise funds yearly and budget for helping Jewish families in need.

Of course, your name may be phony as your story. You my have married a Jew and are divorced and are Christian. In that case, find a church or Catholic Social Services.
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@SubSquirrel Your a douche bag. If someone looked thru your bag you’d be just as mad. But go eats some nuts squirrel
N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Lindseyschwartz Learn to spell, Welfare abuser. No one would loom through my bag as I’m not shady looking as you apparently are. A mother who calls people a douchebag is unfit to be a mother
N  5th of Dec, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Lindseyschwartz We are a Capitalist Society of Unlimited opportunity. If you cannot make it financially, your an [censor].
N  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Lindseyschwartz Hey [censor], don't talk to SubSquirrel that way! The only douche I see here is you!!! You mad because you shady as [censor]. That's why you got your purse looked through!
N  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I certainly understand why you're upset. Besides an apology however they weren't necessarily required to offer anything else. A $30 gift card was a nice and generous offer. It's very likely that they will speak to the employee privately as well (since you're a customer you won't be privy to this, of course). What resolution were you looking for?
N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@pobarjenkins She probably wanted free sausages and a bunch of other free [censor]. She's on WIC, so you can only imagine.
N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@pobarjenkins I think at the time I was so upset I wanted something done, and money wasn’t the answer. I believe if your integrity is questioned it really hits home and money doesn’t make you feel better. I have made peace with the situation and let it go.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree