Kroger / customer service/deli employee

Grand Blanc, MI, US Review updated:

11/19/2017
6:00 pm

To whom it may concern

I was 3rd in line to be serviced (there were only three of us waiting) the gentleman that was being helped by the young lady (also of whom this complaint is submitted "Lisi" [her name tag]). An elderly man was next, he was being serviced by a another deli employee (Kyle) of which there were several. Once the young lady was done with the first customer she turned and asked the elderly man did he need help of witch is understandable because, though, he and I were standing less than 2 feet apart he was closer to the counter. Once he responded that he was already being helped she looked me directly in my face and walked away. In my opinion it was unprofessional, rude, and a direct disregard for customer service; discriminatory.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this complaint

Mi
Nov 19, 2017

Comments

• To
      Nov 19, 2017

I work in the deli in Kroger Christiansburg, Va. and can affirm the fact that they trained that girl to walk away from a customer. Yep. I went ballistic on our deli manager for scheduling only two people on a Friday night with no one in the bakery. On top of a line ten deep ALL night long, we had to keep running over to the bakery to help those customers, keep up with clicklist orders, and the grab 'n go box. I assure you, it was exactly like the worst nightmare you've ever had. We couldn't take any of our breaks and so we closed the deli early. When I besmirched the manager for that oversight, he simply said, "You have to take your breaks, even if it means walking away from a customer"--- complaining about this will fall on deaf ears. I am sorry that happened to you.

• Po
      Nov 20, 2017

I would refrain from using the word discriminatory unless you have some sort of evidence proving discrimination.