Kool Smiles / my children's first appointment.

1 Hampton, VA, United States Review updated:

This happened in the Hampton office on August 27th from 1:45 to 2:45. I had my 3 daughters..14, 6 and 7. The 6 and 7 had never been before. I wrote a note to let them know my 6 year old was scared but she did well during X-Rays. She wanted to go first but they put the oldest first. Which then made my 6 year old nervous because time was going by to really think about what was going on. There was only a man on staff to exam the teeth and she does not do too well with men. When it was her turn she had already gotten out of the chair and I was trying to talk her back in the chair. The only thing he said..hey you wanna look at my mirror..She said no and still was crying. He just shrugged his shoulders and left. I was like WOW and this is a children's place. Anyways I'm thinking maybe he will come back but he never did and wasn't going to either. The girl then told me that she would have to go somewhere else. They didn't even try nor did they care. They just wanted me out. She really want to sit in the chair but was scared. If they had just tried she would had. They took me in a room to tell me about the other kids. When we walked out my 6 year old kept going to the room saying she wanted to sit in the chair. So she sat in the chair but this lady across the room shouted out me to come into the hallway and talk. Well I just got her in the chair was not going to leave her alone. So I told her no she could come to me because I wasn't leaving her. She proceed to tell me no you come to me out in the hallway. After a good 2 minutes of this she finally came to me and told me I need to talk my child and leave. This was a quiet zone. A QUIET ZONE! A KID PLACE HAS A QUIET ZONE!? Now also keep in mine my child has stopped crying and is sitting in the chair.
I am beyond upset! I will never bring none of my kids there ever again and will tell all my friends and family to never take their kids there if they love them. I am a hard person to upset. But I was so upset.
These people should not be in this place if they don't know how to deal with kids. It was so heartbreaking. All my kids and I were very hurt at the way my 6 year old was treated. It's like unless you like getting your teeth worked on you are not welcomed there.

My
Aug 28, 2018

Comments

• De
      29th of Aug, 2018

I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    Dentcoat-op