Kool Smiles-dentistryhorrible customer service

I decided to take my 2yr here since it was new & looked kid friendly... I walked in & stopped at the reception desk. I waited patiently for one of the three workers to assist me... They never did. After standing nearly 5 mins - I had to ask them "are there forms that I need to fill out?!" we were called to the back 15 mins later - which was a reasonable wait time. They explained that my son would take his x-rays shortly three times - so I waited after his exam. I was walked to the reception desk and then told the x-rays will be on the next visit (So I waited for nothing). Did I mention one of the workers had her 2 elementary school-age daughters all over the office. The hygienist assissting my son had to explain to the little girl not to touch the cleaning instruments that were just in m son's mouth!!! The dentist found 1 cavity & advised me i'd have to come back to have it filled. Fine. Well the clerk asks "morning or afternoon?" and when I picked afternoon - she doesn't bother to ask me which day nor date works for me. Just my luck, the worker's kids have made their way to the reception desk & they're on each side of the clerk asking her to spell her name while i'm trying to schedule his follow-up appointment. Very unprofessional. More wait time for me!! But the tip of the iceberg is that my son's 1st visit was today (3/25/11) and yet the appointment to have 1 cavity filled apparently is sept 28, 11 (In 6 months)!!! Why would I wait 6 months to have a cavity filled. He's 2yrs old. I don't wait 6 months at a professional dentist office to have a cavity filled!! I called yesterday for an appointment & they had an opening the next morning at 9am and 5pm... Yet after his exam the next day - they can't fill a cavity until 6 months laster!!! My son will not be returning there!!

• Sh
    shon kp Mar 17, 2016

Hi
    I am completely dissatisfied with my appointment today. I did not feel like a valued customer/patient. i arrived for my daughter's appointment at 5:05. I signed in and took a seat. 10 mins in i was called and was told that pretty much my time was waisted. My child has been to this location more than once. Her insurance was the same. But I was told that since "i missed a call, " that to verify her insurance would take an hour. I've NEVER waited an hour to verify insurance. She wasn't a new patient. Also i was told if i actually wanted to wait there was a chance they would still close the doors on us because they were going to close on time. I've never been to an office and treated in this manner. And frankly i think this business is just taking advantage of people in "certain areas"

• Eb
    ebonee333 Jul 02, 2011

Kool Smiles, District Heights, MD, Similar issue. My daughter had an 11 am appointment. She didnt get seen until almost 1:00. When she got seen, she was in there for less than 15 mins. Another young lady and I were there ontime. They had verify insurance, unbelievable as my daughter has been going for almost 2 years. After complaining at the register office, the Patient Coodinator checked the files and saw that my appointment was for 11. Wow, It was until 1:00 my daughter seen. Clearly, these women were admitting their relatives, friends and so forth over legitmate customers. This place is so unprofessional its sickens me.
    District heights, Maryland