KLM / lost bagage

118 FriargatePreston, Netherlands Review updated:

I wish to express my dissatisfaction with the compensation of the amount CNY2500.

I expect that you understand for what I’ve lost in the luggage and the inconvenience caused is priceless and if I were given a chance I would not want a single cent but my luggage back.

You could say sorry, compensate a certain amount of money in the doubt that I may given you an illegitimate exaggeration and/or false claim, explaining that you’ve done so called extensive tracing but it is fruitless while still hoping that I may choose your flights to restore the confidence.

Unfortunately, what I could do is claiming what I should get as a responsibility to myself and my friends and family who facing a lost of their supposed-to-have gifts and souvenirs. I hope you understand that in the case of returning home country after so many years stays at oversea, my luggage would have tons of memorable stuffs and carefully-selected gifts that money can’t buy.

I don’t even understand why my luggage will lost at the first place. What is the problem for your sides to losing not only mine but some of the others customers’ luggage as well? When the loss is in such a quantity, what have all these giant size and giant weight luggages gone? Would it possible all of the luggages just disappear in the air? I expect that a systematic tracing can help in this issue but I was given an answer that “despite extensive tracing actions in an attempt to recover your luggage, our efforts have so far proved fruitless”.

Personally, I hope you could spare a second to think of the reason you keep a receipt. You should ask yourself what is the reason of keeping receipts before your defensive mechanism assertion that it is me who unable to provide you with the receipts. In common sense, we all keep receipts for refund, exchange or record. In my case, I am definitely would not think of keeping a receipt for refund and exchange purpose since I know I am leaving the country for good. In other words, I will throw away most of my receipts unless those I want to keep for record purpose. If I’ve keep the very limited numbers of receipts left carefully but yet fail to submit together with the previous letter just because that my receipts were inside that lost luggage. Can a sensible adult like you, tell me is that my fault or your fault?

It’s not my expectation that I will lose my luggage. In other words, it is not my expectation that a well-known airline like KLM Royal Dutch Airlines could have losing its customer’s luggage and simultaneously being unreasonably difficult in tracing and providing a good feedback in regards to the loss.

What seem offensive to me is in the consent letter you wrote “If the payment is done by way of compensation for the loss, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines will have a lien on the goods and relevant documents, receipts etc”. Would this mean KLM always prefer to keep its customer’s belonging when it had lawfully compensate its customer rather than kindly inform the customer that the lost item was found? Why what your side have proposed and explaining seem so legally illegal to me?

I am sorry too that I am definitely not accepting the compensation. I believe sorry is always easy to say but that are cases that we all know sorry not cure. I again reasonably expect what a lay-man expects to receive your reply as soon as possible for this complaint letter rather than a compensation claim letter.

Thank you!
Li

Comments

Ar
  14th of Feb, 2010
I am Ariel R. Saballa, I agree to this kind of complain since i also experienced the same, my luggage was lost a month ago i am a seaman and i am about to join ship, last Jan. my flight schedule was:
10/01 kLM O896 Singapore - Amsterdam
11/01 KLM 1699 Amterdam - Madrid
11/01 KLM 3336 Madrid - Las Palmas

Upon arrival in Las Palmas i am waiting for my luggage but nothing occured and i am very dissapointed and worried since all my things are there specifically my documents which is more important for me, my company sent me back here in the Philippines due to lack of documents i presented during onboard the vessel because some documents was in my luggage.Tell me, who's to be blamed in this kind of situation? But still I am hoping that KLM airlines will help me about my lost luggage.All information regarding my lost luggage was given to KLM office at Las Palmas including the luggage number and after all im hoping for nothing. i can hardly forget this experienced my Job is at stake and so the future of my family. I look up to KLM airlines Please do something for my case if possible will you be able to send my luggage here in the Philippines.Pls. find below attached address if ever you find my luggage.
Ariel R.Saballa
B.3Lot36 Villa Fidela Subd.
Real St.E. Aldana
Las Pinas City, Philippines
Tel. no. 00632 8200373
Mobile no. 0063 921 7867984

Brdgs,
Ariel R. Saballa
He
  30th of Mar, 2011
KLM is too bad with responding to bad baggage. I lost my baggage since the 20th of october 2010. They promised to send it to me, till date I have not received anything. I even sent them a letter for compensation with all the receipts of the items in the baggage. they came back this month quoting article 8. I am ready to sue them. My baggage did not contain only perishable items. Klm treats customers without respect.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Logo KLM Royal Dutch Airlines