Kitchenaid / Whirlpool Dishwasher / whirlpool model kudp02srss3 dishwasher

West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
I have had this dishwasher for slightly over a year. The latch started popping open intermittently a few months ago. I was told by the authorized warranty repair company that there is a re-designed strike and door latch available. Obviously the design of the original latch has been recognized by Whirlpool as being inadequate.

In an instance like this, if a company values its reputation, I would expect them to stand behind their product and install the replacement latch at no cost to the customer.

Whirlpool refused to accept any responsibility. I paid the $206 cost to replace the old latch with the new model.

Based on the Company's response, I will never buy a Whirlpool or KithcenAid appliance again.

I would hate to be faced with a more expensive claim with a Company that has such a short sighted attitude and is willing to lose future customers over such a small item.

Comments

Je
  6th of Nov, 2008
I bought a new Whirlpool dishwasher in May 2008. It has not drained properly since I bought the machine. I leaves an inch of dirty water in the bottom of the tank at the end of the cycle. Whirlpool has sent their repairman three times (not counting all the no-show and cancelled service appointments). He claims the machine is properly installed, and that he has replaced every working part. The technician verified that no dirty water should be left in the bottom of the dishwasher at the end of the cycle. I have repeatedly asked Whirlpool for a refund. They refuse. WHIRLPOOL CLAIMS THAT THEIR WARRANTY DOES NOT PROMISE TO SELL YOU A CORRECTLY FUNCTIONING APPLIANCE, BUT ONLY THAT THEY WILL KEEP ON SENDING REPAIR PEOPLE. SO, EVEN IF YOUR APPLIANCE NEVER WORKS PROPERLY, THEY WILL NEVER ISSUE A REFUND. DON'T BUT WHIRLPOOL ANYMORE!

KitchenAid Logo KitchenAid