Kitchenaid Dishwasher / faulty design
My husband and I purchased a new, $900 KitchenAid dishwasher in June 2006. For the first 12 months, it worked beautifully. Then one month after the warranty ran out, it stopped cleaning the dishes. After a full cycle, they were filthy -- full of debris and stained -- and we were doing nothing differently than before. It took two repairmen (and $450) before we diagnosed the problem, which was twofold.
First, the soap dispenser was not latching properly, so the Rinse Aid poured out. There was so much residual soap foam in the dishwasher that it took hours, many cycles and many towels to clean out.
Secondly, we discovered that during the majority of its cycle (over an hour), the machine did not drain out the dirty water. It would pause, then resume cleaning -- with the dirty water! The problem turned out to be a faulty control board, which we found out (from doing internet research) that other KitchenAid customers had also experienced. We had a repairman install a new control board and the dishwasher worked well again -- for another 12 months. Now we are once again having the same issue.
When you spend $900 for a high-end dishwasher, obviously you expect it to last more than one year. We sent an email about the problem to KitchenAid and got the standard "sorry you've had a problem; I'm sure you won't in the future" response. No offer to compensate us for the repair, or acknowledgment of the faulty part. Clearly, we won't buy a KitchenAid dishwasher ever again.
More Kitchenaid Dishwasher Complaints & Reviews
- Kitchenaid - us refrigerators sucks 
- KitchenAid - rebate scam 
- Kitchen Aid Crock Pot - cracked crock (inner pot) 
- A & E Appliance Repair / Kitchen Aid - 4-attempts to repair a refrigerator - no shows 
- Kitchen Aid / Stand Mixer - poor quality product! 
- Kitchenaid - Range top oven and microwave
- Kitchenaid - bankofamerica debit card
- Kitchenaid - repeated unresolved issue
- Kitchenaid - our refrigerator and your lack of customer service 
- Kitchenaid - product and service on kitchenaid fridge