KitchenAid / poor craftsmanship

Kitchenaid dishwasher model kds01dlb71, the control panel is made of plastic. A indention is around the cycle panel and hard to keep dirt from getting under the panel.

Comments

• Ed
      29th of May, 2007

KitchenAid service sucks! The spring in my dishwasher door went, so I booked a service call. The guy came and fixed the door, but anciently punctured a hole in the hose, so it leaked watter. No dishwasher. Said he'd order a part and call. He never called. I called and booked another appointment, arranged for someone to spend the entire day waiting. Serviceman never showed and when I called the service dispatch, I was lied to and told that they have no way of contacting their service people on the road, so I couldn't find out if he was going to come or what happened. I pointed out that this is the 21 century and that no service person hits the road without a cellular telephone. I asked the operator to stop lying to me, she continued. I asked to speak to her supervisor, she refused. I asked to file a complaint and she said I'd have to call back to speak with one of her peers in the same office. I did , and it was a waist of time, that person lied too and also said that their service people do not carry cellular telephones or pagers on the road. The service guy never showed that day and the complaint fell on deaf ears. I booked another appointment because I had no one else to turn to. The service guy showed up that third day, but he brought the wrong part and couldn't fix it, so he said he'd come buy the next day. He didn't and didn't call. So I have now booked the fifth day to repair my kitchen aid product. I have had my time wasted, I have been lied too, I've been ignored by management and the company quite clearly just does not give a hoot about a customer once they've got their money for their product. I encourage all people to avoid Kitchen Aid and Whirlpool products because the service sucks.

Cheers,
    Edward Jones.

• Ev
      13th of Sep, 2007

I have been trying for 2 months to get my dishwasher fixed! First guy to come out (who was very rude and kind of creepy) ordered a part....2 weeks later 2nd service person comes out - wrong part was ordered, need to reorder. 1 week later 2nd service person comes but needs yet another part...Called KitchenAid and was told to call different service company,which I did, and told to get part number needed from new company and call them to expedite. Imagine my joy when the new service person comes in....I still don't have right part but he will order. i tell him I will call KitchenAid and they will send out next day...he insists it will be faster if he orders but reluctantly gives me a part number. KitchenAid was true to their word and received part next day. Called Coastline Repair and set up appointment. Guy shows up ....right part number but need 1 more part! AAAAGHHHHHH! Called them following week...part on back order. 3 weeks later and still waiting. By the way, I have received 4 parts to fix this darn thing but it seems none of them are THE part............I figure if I wait a little longer I'll have enough parts to build a new dishwasher!

• Da
      19th of Sep, 2007

KitchenAid assigned a service provider called Speedy Appliance Service ...not so speedy. They have been to my house three times, have yet to determine what is wrong with my oven and have block four hour time slots (for which I take a day off work to be at the house) and arrive no less that 2 hours late. I have been without an oven since June (purchased in February) and the company has done nothing though I have made numerous calls. Don't buy their stuff - they do not stand behind their products!

• Si
      27th of Apr, 2008

I have a 2 year old KitchenAid refrigrator that its freezer door does not seal. When I contacted them they would not fix it and wanted to charge me for it because it was past gaurantee period. I guess they forget to mention that their inferior refrigrator is good for 2 years only! What a garbage company.

• He
      5th of Aug, 2008

Purchased micowave 3 yrs ago (Model YKHMS155LSS0) for about $1000. What a piece of crap. Already had to replace shrould twice (at a cost of $200 each). Now the door handle fell off. I purchased the "Stainless Steel" model. They wanted $65 for the door handle. It was made out of plastic and looks like some piece of garbage made in China for about 25 cents.

Trying to install this handle is another challenge. Installation has stumped the local appliance repair man, as well as my most mechanically inclined friends. Tried to contact Kitchenaid by both email (no response) and by phone. (good luck with this endeavour. You get put on hold for at least 30 minutes, and then when you fianlly get a hold of some one, theyrefer you to some one else and the process repeats itself.

What a disappointment and mistake dealing with this company. Would never buy any appliances from them again.

• Ih
      23rd of Nov, 2010

Kitchen Aid sucks big time. I have an expensive piece of junk Superba dishwasher that worked for a couple of years and then then the control panel broke, had it fixed and it broke again. The door hinges broke, the soap doesn't open, etc. etc. The control buttons underneath the touchpad are made out of the cheapest possible plastic and are designed to break (as I was informed by the first repairman) so that you will have to keep buying the very expensive parts, $400. plus labor. NO THANK YOU.
    I will never again buy Kitchen Aid, the company does not stand behind it's products. From this point on my mission is to spread the word:
    DO NOT BUY KITCHEN AID, unless of course you want to throw out good money and have lots of headache repairs.
    Please join my facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-strongly-dislike-my-Kitchen-Aid-appliance/114124661987415

• Al
      29th of Dec, 2011

Kitchenaid DISHWASHER has "controls" which can't be changed. The "on line" Kitchenaid "help" seems to have NO clue.