Kirkland Battery / warranty on battery
My neighbor purchased a battery for my car for me at a time when I could not drive the car to purchase it myself. He had a Costco card, which he used. I have also had a Costco card for the last 22 years.
A cell went dead in that battery two nights ago. AAA said I needed to replace the battery immediately. I drove directly to Costco and was ready to have them replace it with a FREE one, which it specifically stated on the battery would be done for that battery if it went out of service before 3 years were up.
They don't put them in for you, so I had to buy the replacement and put it in myself. Then I had to take the old battery back to them. One of the service people watched the car for me while I went in and bought the battery and then I drove home and a neighbor put the new one in for me.
I paid more for the replacement than the original one cost, but expected to be refunded the entire purchase price because it said FREE replacement on the battery. Well, since the original was not bought by me, they said the warranty did not apply, and if I am able to get my neighbor to confirm that he bought the battery, I may get some of my money back but not all.
What ever happened to FREE Replacement? If I do succeed in getting ANY of my money back, I will not be buying another Battery from Costco. This has never applied to any other brand of battery I have purchased, including ones I have purchased in grocery stores--you take the battery back, it is stamped with a warranty date, and you get a FREE Replacement if that is what it says.
More Kirkland Battery Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Optical - not honoring warranty 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - simply purrfect kitty litter is an extremely poor imitation of litter purrfect.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - complaint against store manager eric at the citrus heights california store
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - Refresh Skin Therapy Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel/Skin burnt after use
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - refresh skin therapy fruit acid 15% gel peel
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - citibank card