Kerry Hyundai Of Florence, KY / fraud & cheating!

My husband and I took our 2002 Sonata in for an alignment at Kerry Hyundai of Florence, KY last Monday because the car was pulling to the left. We were called on Monday afternoon and told that the Knuckle arm in the front was bent and needed to be replaced. We gave the OK for that to be done. On Tuesday, when we picked up the car, we paid $868.88 for parts and labor and the alignment. AS we drove the car home, we found that it was still pulling to the left, but the service department was now closed. My husband called on Wednesday and talked to the service manager who told us that the car was aligned, so we must just need new tires. He never offered for us to bring it back to be checked out. On Wednesday, I took the car to get new tires as was suggested. After they put on the new tires and were checking the alignment, they found that the car was not in alignment. He showed me the spec sheet and everything. Needless to say, I was not very happy. On Friday, our earliest opportunity to do so, my husband and I returned to Kerry to see the service manage.r. He was not in and neither was his superior. We asked to see the spec sheet for the alignment which they said was performed. No spec sheet could be found which leads me to believe that no alignment was performed, but it was stated on our receipt that it was done and we were charged for it. To me, that constitutes fraud. I have already contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge and I wanted to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but Kerry is not registered with them. I called the Service Manager at 8:00 this morning and am waiting for him to return my call. I am very upset with this shoddy service. I feel that we were totally taken advantage of. Not only were we charged for an alignment that we didn’t get, but I have also wasted a great amount of time getting tires that we didn’t need because that was our supposedly reputable dealer’s suggestion. We have had to use our time and our gas to try to track down a service manager which we haven’t been able to do. And now I need to take it back to the tire dealer to get it aligned properly because he did not want to touch it until we checked it out with Kerry. I am hoping to get a full refund for the bogus alignment and for the time and trouble and aggravation that we have had to endure. I do not have the time to be making these calls and emails and time to run around trying to get service that was supposedly performed. Fraud like this should not have to be dealt with by a customer.

Peggy Lorenz

Comments

• Kr
      19th of Apr, 2012

Okay where to start! I bought a used car from them in Dec. 2011. Marcus informed me it was the cheapest they had...it was 10, 000. I'm young and did not have any other bills so i decided to get it, because i really do love Scions. Says its ready to go, breaks, rotors just changed and everything!! GOT IT! yay!, so i thought. AS i was pulling off with my NEW CAR, the low tire pressure comes on.. REALLY?? I have a paper saying they THOROUGHLY INSPECT EACH CAR FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. BULLLLLLLL! But i got air and let it go...

Within two weeks i notice one of the foglights and parklights were OUT, no big deal right? Another week passes, and my OIL CHANGE light is on... SERIOUSLY! Being 18 already made my insurance crazy so i could not afford it straight away, so i knew id have to wait a little to change it. A friend looks at my new car and tells me the rotors have not been touched, WTF!! Driving in the rain, ramp onto highway going not even 30 MPH, I do a 360 spin and almost go head first into the guard rail, thankfully i know how to drive, i save myself. I had heard Scion Tc's were bad in the rain so i let it go, thinking i needed to be more careful.

Next week or two and i go to there Oil Change service. I mention the lights and they cant do anything, which i suspected, mention the rotors, cant do ANYTHING! Oil changed, i get my report, and it says my tires are in the RED ZONE!!! Which means they have basically ZERO TREAD! All 4 of them. I was LIVID! The head mechanic wasn't surprised, and he said, and i quote!!! THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD ALL OF THIS INSPECTED, THATS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!! And technically they should have, he was very sweet, told me tires would cost like 700-800 dollars, but not to purchase them there.(MORE EXPENSIVE!) I decide to go and talk to a manager, he said they do as little as possible to used cars to keep prices down, which i guess is understandable, but really?? I still have the paper saying they inspect every inch top to bottom... Sooo what?? They knew it was riding on tires like that and sold it without even mentioning it, i could have DIED, all for them to save some money!

This was my FIRST car buying experience, I'm deeply unI'mpressed. I will NEVER come here again. I'm still riding on these tires, its my daily car to work, and with a 500 a month total for the car and insurance, i don't have 700 bucks to throw away!
    I will copy and paste this into EVERY SINGLE REVIEW i can find for this place, just to save someone else from what I've been through. DON'T BUY A CAR FROM KERRY HYUNDAI!

• Ci
      13th of Feb, 2013

I agree with all the comments above don't ever purchase a car or take your car into Kerry Hyundai in Florence. I was going to purchase a new car. The Financial person told me unless you purchase the extended warranty that it will be hard to get financing. This is out and out lie the paper on the extended warranty clear state whether you purchase extending warranty or not has not reflection on financing. This is extortion to make unsuspecting customers to make them think that if they don’t purchase extended warranty they might not be able to qualify for financing.

Plus they tried to lie about my credit report stated it didn’t qualify for special financing that was going on. But because this wasn’t the first time buying a car I pulled my credit report the week of looking for cars and knew that wasn’t true so I pulled out my credit report and suddenly they read my credit report wrong and I did qualify for special 3% financing.
    But after the attempted extortion by the Financial person at Kerry stated in my first paragraph, and I told them as much. Pointing out the section on extended warranty that this would not reflect my qualification for financing. I walked out and made sure I told the Sales Manager off on my way out the door.
    Take warning Kerry dealerships in general are dishonest and one of the worst dealership in the Cincinnati, Kentucky area. I will never consider ever getting a car from this dealership even if they said they were giving cars away free.

• Ki
      26th of Jan, 2015

Kerry advertises a great lease price but will not honor it when you go to the dealer. I tried them in 2007 and gave them another shot the week of 1/19/2015. Same thing and I am very surprised they can sell any cars. No one at dealer knows what they are advertising so when I called I talked to a manager and he told me what it was going to cost so I went to the dealer to get the car and they said the manager was wrong and they would not honor what he quoted me. DO NOT USE THIS DEALER.