[Resolved] Kent RO / bad product and worst service

1 India Review updated:

I bought Kent RO system from a Kent dealer - AB Solar & Supreme Technologies, Bangalore in Feb 2008.
Since the 2nd month of purchase of the system I have been facing problems of the system's tank overflowing with water and flooding the kitchen floor. The said dealer has tried to fix the problem without any success. Last month because of the overflown water my spouse slipped in the kitchen and injured her knee. At this point I asked the dealer to place change the system as it is dangerous. He responded by saying that because the system has not been mounted on the wall it is overflowing and so we mounted it on the wall. In spite of that the system is overflowing and 2-3 attempts made by the technician were not able to fix it.

A few days later a 60 yr old lady slipped on the flooded kitchen floor as the Kent system was overflowing and fractured her knee. So I called the dealer and asked for replacement of the piece. He has refused to give any service and has wrongly accused me of detaining his technician in my house. The technician was in my house for abt 15min.s during which he spoke over the phone to his manager (the said dealer). Instead of helping, the dealer turned abusive!

Now have tried to reach Kent directly! They sent a technician - he again fixed the system which lasted for 2 days and again the overflowing started. Further calls to Kent has led to false promises of sending technician which has not happened and they keep trying to push us back to dealer with whom we don't want to deal! It just appears that Kent people don't seem to appreciate the problem even after two accidents! If it were US, easily we could have sued them and got damages - I have videos of water overflowing again and again.

To summarize, Kent RO has been a bad product in our experience and the service has been pathetic. Buy it at your own risk !

• Resolution statement

• KENT RO Systems Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

we deeply regret the inconvenience caused. Please share your contact details with us at onlinecare@kent.co.in. We will get in touch with you at the earliest.

Warm regards,
    Team Kent

Bh

Comments

• Re
      20th of Nov, 2015

beep sound in kent ro uv after the replacement of activated carbon filter n uv tube and water purification is stopped.. please explain y the sound comes... service person visit charges should be exempted as the filters are changed before a month only.