Kenmore Trio Elite Refrigerator / $2000 refrigerator break down in only 2.5 years!
I purchased a Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator in April 2004. This weekend we were hearing loud thumping noises coming from the refrigerator and earlier that afternoon, the top refrigerator portion of the unit died. While the freezer works, the top half of the unit does not. Needless to say, I called 1-800-4my-home to get service as quickly as possible. I mentioned since this unit was only 2.5 years old it should all be under warranty . Although the manual states differently regarding the coolant, compressor parts, are warrantied for 5 years according to the manual that came with the refrigerator. I made the appointment on Saturday for that Tuesday. My husband took off of work waiting for repair because they had confirmed that someone would be there between 8am-12noon. At 11:00am I called my husband to see if they had arrived. They had not. Concerned I called the Sears 1-800-4my-home number to check on it. Lo and behold, there was no appointment in their schedule to service our refrigerator, even after I emphasized the phone attendant to confirm Tuesday morning through noon. When I asked that they come out as soon as possible (it's been 4 days now), they said nothing was available that all they could do it put me on a waiting list for a cancellation but Friday morning (now 1 week later) had been put on the schedule for us.
My concern is #1 why would a $2000 refrigerator break down in only 2.5 years?
Concern #2 -- are Kenmore appliances that bad that their service schedule is so jammed packed where you have to wait a week?
Concern #3 -- Why do they not know what the warranty reads in the manual?
Loss - 4 hours of work/time out of the office and no food for the refrigerator...
Less than happy with the product and with the service. I'd go elsewhere next time.
More Kenmore Trio Elite Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - Beware! Don't burn your house! 
- Kenmore / Power Miser - Sears's faulty product 
- Kenmore Refrigerator - Kenmore Refrigerator causes house fire 
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - No cold air in freezer 
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - Do not buy Kenmore products! 
- Kenmore - kenmore elite bottom freezer refrigerator
- Kenmore - kenmore elite refrigerator
- Kenmore - elite model 721.7603
- Kenmore - kenmore elite french door refrigerator
- Kenmore - elite refrigerator model 106.4442*603