Kenmore Series 500 Top Load Washer / Not quality I expect from Kenmore

1 Fresno, CA, United States Review updated:

Where did these other 500 Series come from? I just started using my new Kenmore 500 Series washer. About 6 loads. First load took me 10-12 min to untangle a pair of tennis shoes from the rest of, nearly, the entire load. I have never done anything unique with my prior washer, which was a Kenmore model...I think it was over 30 years old. Couldn't even find a year or model # on it. Wasn't sure I could get the water pump replaced. This new machine is noisier. I thought they used better insulation or was I supposed to pay another $200 to get it quieter.
Then today, I was further ticked. I did what I would call a normal wash--light weigh and soil. I went to take a sneak peek. Wish I hadn't. The water level was so low; more water in my toilet bowl!!! Needless to say, I was ___ not pleased. Is this a government regulation-intrusion method of water conservation?! I had to change the cycle to HEAVY soil/duty to get some water level.
I wasn't believing all the negative postings (other sites) on various Kenmore models. Now I do. However, there is no better alternative. Complaints abound!!
I just looked up the 700 series. No better. Now I wish I could have my old girl back and try to fix her. I don't have a lot of laundry. Did without since Thanksgiving...except for 2 loads at my uncles'.

Comments

• Le
      28th of Jan, 2016

Machine Machine & Drier are less than 1 year old. While I'm not in love with washing machine, it's the drier I have the most issue with. When switching up to the drier, typically "Normal" dry is sufficient ("More" only if you've got a larger load or have a load full of towels). This drier, however, requires "More" on all load (times 2 or 3, dependent on the load). Figured I'd try the 70 minute dry. No go. Clothes on 2nd dry cycle of 70 mins.

Re: Washer. I'm not sure why the middle part that swishes the clothes doesn't stay in the full and upright position... And why it's therefore necessary to put your clothes in a circle (avoiding the middle) to make room for it as the cycle starts. Also, I'm used to letting the flowing water clean out the detergent cup. Not possible with this machine as the water comes up from the bottom... After the wash is started.

• Le
      28th of Jan, 2016

Addendum to previous. Washer/Drier series: 500. Drier lint trap is pulled from the top of the machine. Frequently, the lint escapes the trap and the back of the trap needs to be cleaned as frequently as the front of the trap (the side that's supposed to collect the lint).