Kenmore Refrigerator / broken parts

Fairbanks, AK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 907-455-7557

We purchased a new Kenmore refrigerator at Sears. I was excited to have a new refrigerator as my previous refrigerators had been used. After one year, three of the door shelves and two of the drawers were broken. I didn't realize this until after the one year warrantee was up. We called about replacing these parts, and found it would cost over $100 for a single door shelf. I couldn't stand the idea of buying $1200 refrigerator to spend half as much on replacing parts to make it look nice after only a year, so we duct-tapped all the drawers and shelves. They are now functional - but I thought I would have a nice new refrigerator for at least a few years. My old, used refrigerator had no duct tape on it at all. I would like very much to talk to the CEO of this company about how wasteful this kind of manufacturing is. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. It's very important that our country take a hard look at itself and ask how we have become such a disposable nation.

Comments

• Se
      25th of Mar, 2009

i agree 100%. i have experienced the same problems with my two bottom door bins which have crack all over, obviously made very poorly and the large draw lid plastic hinge broke off . for a big name company u thought they would stand behind their product but i know better i will never buy a kenmoore again or invest that much in a refrigerator

• Id
      28th of Apr, 2010
    Kenmore Refrigerator - service Department
    SEARS
    New Orleans
    Louisiana

I purchased a refrigerator from Sears and I will never buy from sears again. We had a problem with the fridge and the kenmore service company contracted by sears to service it never showed up after my wife waited all day for the service repair man. The company then hung up on us when we called to complain, explaining that they had 100 people to service and were too busy.

The service company also bills u $65.00 before they even show up, which by the way they didn't. So if u are willing to deal with sears and Kenmore's lousy service department go right ahead but be warned.

Sears is the worst company to deal with. It is like they don't even care whic they probably don't.

• Ol
      17th of Jul, 2010
    Kenmore Refrigerator - Horrioble repair services
    Sears
    Elnwood Park
    Illinois

We had waited for almost a month for parts to be ordered and shipped. The the repairman from Sears came and supposedly fixed the icemaker and all. 5 days later, it started leaking profusely. I called 800 number and "JP" told me to turn off the water and to wait till next Thursday (5 more days) because this is the first available day. I asked him what to do with this leak. He said: well, find the valve and turn it off. I asked him about same or next day repair service they offer online. He said: only if your refrigerator is not cooling and you have medicine or baby formula in it. how do you like that? I asked: so it is ok for me to be without water for 5 days. He said: Mam, you know your options. Good bye. And just like that, he hung up on me. HE HUNG UP?! Can you believe that? I think that says all about the level of service at SEARS repairs.

• Ft
      20th of May, 2011
    Kenmore Refrigerator - after repair appliance still not working
    sears
    Chicago
    Illinois

after repair was completed refrigerator still did not work properly could not get technician to return to correct problem

• Se
      20th of May, 2011

To f. toney,

I apologize that this service appointment did not fix the issue that your refrigerator is having and for the frustration this has caused you and your family. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name ( f. toney) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Py
      25th of Jul, 2011

TopApplianceParts.com go there - best prices - cheap shipping - great service..

don't bother with Sears Parts..

• Nc
      2nd of Jun, 2012

I also purchased a new Kenmore refrigerator - Dumb me, stupid thing freezes my lettuce but wont make ice. I will never again buy from Sears will cancel my card and bad mouth them every chance I get

• Ci
      9th of Jul, 2012
    Kenmore Refrigerator - price adjustment and compensation
    New York

I bought a frig from Sears in Glens Falls New York on May 22 to be delivered May 29. The frig was defective and after over 15 phone calls - it was to be replaced, but not until July 3rd. In the mean time it went on sale for $300 less than I paid (at their "BIG" sale) on June 10th - but because it was over 14 days they won't price adjust. Only compensation even offered was $100/or 1 year coverage - I had water on the floor, condesation, no water, no ice and a cabinet out on the kitchen floor for over a month. Sears phone people have a rehearsed message and are no help. They opened a case, but when new frig was ordered they closed it.
    Very frustrated. I would send you a picture of the condensation, but on a black frig it is hard to see.