Kenmore Gas Range / Bad quality product!

1 NJ, United States

I have a Sears Kenmore Gas Range Model 790 which we purchased end of 2005. I just used the self-clean option for the first time last night. (I wipe the oven quite frequently & place foil-covered pan under items to catch drips). I went into the kitchen after a couple of hours and found that the knobs for the stove had melted... one is unusable and two others are barely usable.

My warranty has expired & Sears is unwilling to replace these knobs at no cost to me. There is nothing in their manual that warns you to remove the knobs prior to using the self cleaning feature. The Customer Service rep was frantically trying to find something in the manual to say that but could not. I do not feel it should be my responsibility to pay for something that they built improperly. Either the knobs are not made to withstand the heat or the venting is in the wrong place. They will not budge at all & after reading so many complaints tonight about their lack of service, I am feeling very defeated. Obviously, Sears does not take pride or stand behind their products.

Ti