Kay Jewelers / 5 repairs in less than 2 years and more

1 Sun CenterDublin, OH, United States

My husband bought me a ring at Kay Jewelers in February 2008 to replace my titanium wedding band after the birth of our child. We also purchased their lifetime guarantee plan and every six months have to turn in my ring for inspection in order to be eligible to have repairs or replacements done. Within this time I am not only driving to the store for inspection but also for 5 complaints. The first time a diamond came out, they sent it in and 2 weeks later I picked it up and it was "replaced". The second time the diamond in the same spot came out, again they sent it in and 2 1/2 weeks later I can pick it up. The third time the ring broke in a very uncomfortable spot. They sent it in and supposedly fixed it, as I picked it up it turned from a two tone into a simple white gold and they are actually trying to tell me that the yellow gold just faded from the way they clean it, whereever they send it. So I had to come back, as supposedly there was no manager in and talk to a manager. The manager tells m that indeed it is not possible for the yellow gold to fade from cleaning methods. sent it in a week and a half later I pick up my two tone. This last Sunday I went for my 6 months inspection and the lady inspected it, cleaned it, gave it back to me. that was it. We had bought a gold men's ring but returned that. and this time I meant to buy a simple yellow gold necklace chain, but they didn't even offer to help any further. the store was empty no other customer but 2 people on staff, don't you dare to make them work. A lot of staff has quite some attitude, very unprofessional. The best is, today, two days after the last inspection, I place my ring back on my finger after it was on a ring holder so I could get some house work done. It was broken through again, in the same spot before they told me that the yellow gold in my ring had faded. All I want is to retunr the ring and get my money back. We paid $ 600.00 for it, which is not the most expensive but not a gum ball machine price either, the quality is lousy and for my original band I didn't pay that much more at a different jeweler where they took time for us, advised us (including that it could not be widened. so that was a risk we knew we took) and gave us professional service and knowledge. I do not think I will ever buy at Kay's again, I will be trying to find a consumer protection agency to help me find what I can do to protect my rights. I am upset, disappointed and can't believe this is even legal. All these commercials and investing all this money in those commercials and ads and for such bad quality and service?! Really?!

Kw